+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Can't see the Owners paying 120k for a Striker to sit on the bench tbh.
    Don't think we will get away with 11 outfield players
    It was only the team that I thought might be put out for the first game next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Only 5 subs? We're back in the EFL now, it's 7 🤣
    But he’s got 12 on the pitch so that’s one of them taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    True, but he had about half a season with them, you'd think he'd put something about them at least?
    Probably didn’t have it in him to say something nice about someone else, without giving himself credit for some tactical ‘tweak’ or other.

Slack Pie has it spot on,a back 4 with Macari and Cameron full backs.A gk ,2 strong centre backs,a midfielder,not necessarily an automatic first teamer ,and i think that looks a competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Slack Pie has it spot on,a back 4 with Macari and Cameron full backs.A gk ,2 strong centre backs,a midfielder,not necessarily an automatic first teamer ,and i think that looks a competitive team.
    This.
    If Cameron starts as a CB next season then…
    Oh dear. He’s had as may bloopers as Baldwin did. His only redeeming features are he steadied down in last three games and he’s left footed and imo, suited more to that side of the field.

And definitely not the captain!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    This.
    If Cameron starts as a CB next season then…
    Oh dear. He’s had as may bloopers as Baldwin did. His only redeeming features are he steadied down in last three games and he’s left footed and imo, suited more to that side of the field.

And definitely not the captain!
    Yeah, Cameron and Chicksen would be adequate options at left full-back, alongside two quality CBs.

After this season's disastrous defending, I really think we need to go back to basics with a back four, with full-backs who are defenders primarily. If this means we lose some attacking prowess, so be it. We have enough quality with the likes of Jones, Crowley, and Macca to be a threat up top, plus Robbo and Palmer will keep us ticking over in midfield.

Captain calamity shouldn't be on the retained list

Cameron's natural position is left back and i think he would be fine there, yeah he is not a centre back, if and it's a big if, we can get another season out of McGoldrick, then my 3 would be right to left, Crowley, McGoldrick, Jones,with Nemane, Jatta and Scott as impact subs. I think that works.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-04-2024 at 03:24 PM.

If Macca is sold, and i don't think that will happen, then Jatta or Scott up top, OK we wont be scoring 89 goals but we don't have to if we have a solid back 4.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-04-2024 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Can't see the Owners paying 120k for a Striker to sit on the bench tbh.
    Don't think we will get away with 11 outfield players
    Whoops😋

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast