+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    I meant more from supporters. I get the club doing it. As you say, looks good. Makes the club seem less mercenary, but players aren’t daft. Surely you play for a club…until you don’t.
    Know what you mean but we shouldn’t complain, better than the normal toxicity on Twitter and we know for sure it won’t last 😂

Is it me getting old or is the reaction on Twitter a bit too much? It’s all how great these players were for us and they’re all legends.
    "The best way to get people to say nice things about you is to die."

Can't remember where I read it or who said it, but it's very true.

There’s a very telling message from JJ to JB on Twitter basically saying he’s the best guys he’s ever met, not just in football and how he’s gave him so much belief to kick on this year. It’s funny how people judge books by the covers, there were quite a few on here alluding to him possibly being a bad egg with the amount of clubs he had when really they had absolutely no clue.

I get the impression from the message that he put out it was JOB’s decision to leave. If he has got an opportunity to develop his coaching at a higher level can’t fault him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    "The best way to get people to say nice things about you is to die."

Can't remember where I read it or who said it, but it's very true.
    Yep.

When I told a mate I’d renewed and it was 46th year this season he said “I bet you’ve seen some legends in last few years.”
    I replied that I’d seen some, but not in last few years.
    As I say, Jim O’Brien gets respect for commitment. The rest can depart with thanks. The legend and icon tag gets thrown around way too easily for me nowadays.

Yep.

When I told a mate I’d renewed and it was 46th year this season he said “I bet you’ve seen some legends in last few years.”
    I replied that I’d seen some, but not in last few years.
    As I say, Jim O’Brien gets respect for commitment. The rest can depart with thanks. The legend and icon tag gets thrown around way too easily for me nowadays.
    I’ve just called AB a legend in the other thread haha. Deserves it imo for Borehamwood, my lad still calls it the best day of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    They're under contract though.
    Hope we're not gonna regret letting Jim O Brien go.
    Notts could make them available for transfer though.

JOB has been a real stalwart for Notts. Thanks & good luck!

I’m happy with the list.
    All the players go having contributed to one of the best seasons I’ve ever witnessed as a Notts fan. I’ll follow Baldwins career with interest as I’m adamant there’s a very good defender there.
    Pleasantly surprised we’ve extended Scott’s contract and very surprised with Baj.
    Hopefully they prove to be sound footballing decisions and not just moral obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by midshipman View Post
    Who in the retained list (if still at Notts) be in the starting 11 when Notts kick off the new season?
    A N Other

Macari. A N Other. A N Other. Cameron/ A N Other

Nemane. Jones

Robertson. Palmer. A N Other

Crowley

Macca

Subs:- Jatta, Didzy, Scott, Baj and A N Other ???

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast