+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Strangely emotional seeing that retained list and reading the words from the owners about them. Regardless of this season they brought us back to the EFL and gave some great memories. That being said I think they’ve got it spot on and it frees up some room for others to come in
    This. Even though it's the right time for them to go, it's sad and they will always have my respect for getting us up. Also very sad to see Jim go, what a servant and I think we should have kept him. Thanks Jim and good luck in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by deadyoyomagpie View Post
    With regards to the transfer listed three. The statement includes Rawlinson within the 'we'd like to thank ...' sections but not so Stone or Randall. Is this because A) Randall and Stone haven't impressed the club with the efforts, The fact that Rawlinson had a big part in the promotion or C) He's already indicated to the club that he's happy to go and will deffo leave. Mentioning because, what if no one comes in for him? Just seems strange to assume an under contract player will definitely be leaving.
    He must have something lined up.

Aside from Jim O'Brien, the list of those released is pretty much what I expected, as is the list of those "made available". Baldwin just never seemed to learn from his crass errors, and Bostock's lack of defensive abilities got exposed at this level far more than in the league below, plus at his age he's not likely to improve, only deteriorate.

I'm delighted that Cedwyn Scott had an automatic extension option that has been triggered, and I can see the fairness in giving Bajrami another season to show what he can do at this level, especially as he's one of those capable of bringing some physicality into midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by deadyoyomagpie View Post
    With regards to the transfer listed three. The statement includes Rawlinson within the 'we'd like to thank ...' sections but not so Stone or Randall. Is this because A) Randall and Stone haven't impressed the club with the efforts, The fact that Rawlinson had a big part in the promotion or C) He's already indicated to the club that he's happy to go and will deffo leave. Mentioning because, what if no one comes in for him? Just seems strange to assume an under contract player will definitely be leaving.
    The initial thank you section was specifically for those involved in our time in the NL and the promotion. The others were thanked for their services later - but obviously not for any contribution to anything achieved.

No complaints at all with the list. JOB is a shame as he’s been committed to Notts and I’ve really enjoyed his time at Notts and could never understand it when he was given stick at various times. I’m sure he’ll have something lined up soon if not already. Interested to see how / if Bajrami shapes up, he had some good moments last year but was never consistent and I have my doubts about whether he can make the step up a further division - only 2 seasons since he was in NLN or S and he’s not played a lot since then.

Big difference this year, LW made the comments about the departing players, this year "the board"

I'd like to put my huge thanks to those leaving us but especially Jim for 5 years of total dedication and committment to the cause, a true professional who will be sorely missed. Bostock will always have a place in my heart for his Goliath performance in the play off finals , almost single handedly dragging into the league. Rawlinson and brindley given great service , the rest I can or leave.

The tragedy in there is Baldwin. At his best a Rolls Royce of a defender and so much better than any others in the squad. At his worst an unreliable Morris Marina. Too much responsibility placed on his nature as the central defender in a back three and I really believe he would be excellent with an enforcer beside him (one given free rein to throttle Baldwin as well if necessary), but the system doesn't allow for that. Still, as Rick Blaine surely meant to say, "We'll always have Borehamwood"

Jimbo has been a fantastic and even in his mid 30s played liked a labrador chasing a lost cause. Attitude ++. Never rated Rawlo as a player, but very much did so as a bloke so I wish him well. And maybe I'm the only one who thought Toby could do a job. If Nemane could cross a ball like Toby, especially those he could stand up with no room to work in, he'd be twice the player.

Shame Bostock's in juries seem to have caught up with him. Was tremendous last season and at Wembley but probably suffered more than most by Palmer's absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Big difference this year, LW made the comments about the departing players, this year "the board"
    Probably because LW had spent a whole season with the squad. Plus the board are thanking those that helped gain promotion with us. SM had no involvement other than the 6 points we got from him

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Probably because LW had spent a whole season with the squad. Plus the board are thanking those that helped gain promotion with us. SM had no involvement other than the 6 points we got from him
    True, but he had about half a season with them, you'd think he'd put something about them at least?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast