+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Agree with the released list but have great doubts about Morias and Bajrami being retained. From the little I have seen of them they are not good enough. Plus Maynard should have been first to go, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Agree with the released list but have great doubts about Morias and Bajrami being retained. From the little I have seen of them they are not good enough. Plus Maynard should have been first to go, in my opinion.
    Would imagine Bajrami isn't on that much so not as much of a risk to the budget and also he is still fairly young so has potential to develop

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I agree Woodypie

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    I'm in agreement with most of the comments and also the sentiments for JOB.
    Always a battler and good club man and as others have said should have been selected before John Bostock since January.
    Maynard probably glad to see Jim gone, as Jim being an old school professional would be insistent on seeing things done correctly. In addition a caretaker manager waiting in the wings too !
    All the Notts supporters I've spoken to were in favour of Jim being retained in a player/coach role.
    Our loss (and a young players mentor ) will be a positive gain for whichever club employs him.
    Thanks to those moving on for their efforts and the memories they gave left behind.
    Best wishes to them all for the future.
    Maynard would surely want players who do things correctly. Is there something you know that I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We'd have to sign someone if Langstaff left though.

Morias has been unavailable for a while and like I said earlier nobody knows the issue it could be personal or he could just keep getting injured !

We cant rely on Jatta, Mcgoldrick and Scott coming off a 9 month injury we'd HAVE to get a new one in.
    I guess and a lot depends preferred formation as it could just be 1 up front in a 4-2-3-1 but even with that Macca could play behind as they can all do I suppose, possibly not quite as much Scott but Jatta definitely said he preferred linking play, who knows, just seems an odd one for me.
    I wonder if Jim wants another year playing, when he was interviewed this season he certainly wasn’t in a rush to retire, so possibly he did turn down a role within the club.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I guess and a lot depends preferred formation as it could just be 1 up front in a 4-2-3-1 but even with that Macca could play behind as they can all do I suppose, possibly not quite as much Scott but Jatta definitely said he preferred linking play, who knows, just seems an odd one for me.
    I wonder if Jim wants another year playing, when he was interviewed this season he certainly wasn’t in a rush to retire, so possibly he did turn down a role within the club.
    Pleased for Bajrami. He could develop into a useful utility player in defence and DM. Also hoping Cedwyn comes good.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Maybe, but I got the impression that Scott wasn’t 100% sure about signing. Perhaps Scott is the one the club fear may leave so have kept Morias as some kind of poor insurance.
    With the club exercising an extension, Scott has had his contract extended anyway, if he wants to leave now there will have to be a fee involved.

Bajrami on the other hand can reject the offer made to him.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    True on Jim he was coaching at Sheff Utd I think but I think he will get something.

I think all players will being honest we as fans say "nobody" will want them but id say someone will.

With regards to the transfer listed three. The statement includes Rawlinson within the 'we'd like to thank ...' sections but not so Stone or Randall. Is this because A) Randall and Stone haven't impressed the club with the efforts, The fact that Rawlinson had a big part in the promotion or C) He's already indicated to the club that he's happy to go and will deffo leave. Mentioning because, what if no one comes in for him? Just seems strange to assume an under contract player will definitely be leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by deadyoyomagpie View Post
    With regards to the transfer listed three. The statement includes Rawlinson within the 'we'd like to thank ...' sections but not so Stone or Randall. Is this because A) Randall and Stone haven't impressed the club with the efforts, The fact that Rawlinson had a big part in the promotion or C) He's already indicated to the club that he's happy to go and will deffo leave. Mentioning because, what if no one comes in for him? Just seems strange to assume an under contract player will definitely be leaving.
    Stone and Randall haven't played all that much for us. Rawlinson has been here pretty much from the beginning of the Reedtz era like Brindley and was one of the six leaving that was integral to us getting promotion back to the EFL so it seems appropriate to say thank you. But I imagine that Brindley and Rawlinson will end up at Woking with Doyle

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast