+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luther Munakandafa

Luther Munakandafa

Presuming we have posters who have either seen Luther play for the youth team or out on loan.

Just wondering where people think he might land and could he be one who drops to then rise through the levels and make his way in the Football League?

I watched him in the cup game against west ham juniors. He was tricky, showed lots of good touches, fast, eager but lacked any polish. He missed an absolute sitter, another couple of half chances then lost all confidence and was hooked. Tricky to say, but overall I think we have in recent times badly let down our youth players and never given any a real run to show what they can do. I get we need core professionals but through the years, Notts have enjoyed real success with home grown talent and sadly, more recently that doesn't happen. Good luck to the lad and I hope he does have a good career.

He is not good enough at this level. Maybe NL North or South would be best suited for him.

Didn't see enough of him to form much of an opinion unfortunately... I wish the chap the best of luck...just hope it's not another Colby Bishop case and he turns out to be a belter of a player

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Didn't see enough of him to form much of an opinion unfortunately... I wish the chap the best of luck...just hope it's not another Colby Bishop case and he turns out to be a belter of a player
    He never stood out the few times I saw him play. And it’s worth noting that for all the youth players we’ve released in recent decades, Colby Bishop was an outlier and one of the few (maybe with Luther Wilding) to go on to enjoy a good career at a higher level.

If the Reedtz do manage to create a Crewe-esque conveyor belt from youth team to first XI, it may well be their greatest achievement (until we win the Champions’ League, anyway).

They're obviously from what they’ve said in the past very skeptical of pumping cash into the academy as they’ve almost alluded to it doesn’t pay and probably hindered with Forest and Derbys academies close by.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-04-2024 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Presuming we have posters who have either seen Luther play for the youth team or out on loan.

Just wondering where people think he might land and could he be one who drops to then rise through the levels and make his way in the Football League?
    A bit like Colby Bishop, top goal scorer at Pompey and playing in the championship next season.

I like us having an academy but being surrounded by so many bigger clubs, it must be extremely difficult to make it pay.

Sorry to derail the thread slightly but last Saturday was the first time I've seen Mahovo. Only on for a short time but looked a good size, quick and looked to have good instincts.

Agree with the LM comments. Rather like James Sanderson who showed promise in his brief cameo appearances.
    Needs a brave manager to provide opportunities and minutes on the pitch to develop young talents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast