+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine for a moment…

* nice * guy

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Having followed this lot since the days of Brown, Brindley, Worthington, last season and particularly the last two games, will live long in the memory for the emotions on show. From LW running after Jones on the the pitch after his last minute winner, to JB's late equaliser at Wembley; for that alone he will probably live long in the memories of all Notts fans.

Next time you're in Brizzy JB I'll shout you a beer or two. Might even get the hillbilly QP to come down on his horse and cart.
    Actually mate I have a Triton and we all know that you can't frighten a Triton!

Another class statement from a class player. Good luck for the future wherever it takes you.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Imagine what? Would have been nice for all that to happen for him (the pratenka was pure ego though and not worth the risk in the situation, IMO). A division higher this season and he struggled with the pace of things. Not glad to see him go but certainly not sorry that a wage/position has been freed.
    He was being an arrogant prat for doing that. He put unnecessary pressure on Scott to score the last pen.. I'm glad he has gone, we dont need those egotistical at the club..

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Actually mate I have a Triton and we all know that you can't frighten a Triton!

The Triton is the poor man's Land Cruiser...in effect a horse and cart.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    The Triton is the poor man's Land Cruiser...in effect a horse and cart.
    Its also a combination of 2 motor bikes. Triumph and Norton

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was being an arrogant prat for doing that. He put unnecessary pressure on Scott to score the last pen.. I'm glad he has gone, we dont need those egotistical at the club..
    I have to disagree with you and in my view your post shows a complete lack of class to a player who virtually ran the play-off final and has posted such a warm farewell to the club and its supporters. Other players, Jodi and Crowley in particular benefitted from his presence and whilst it is right that he leaves now he does not deserve you vindictive comments.
    Last edited by Old_pie; 30-04-2024 at 06:34 PM. Reason: ran not than

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I have to disagree with you and in my view your post shows a complete lack of class to a player who virtually ran the play-off final and has posted such a warm farewell to the club and its supporters. Other players, Jodi and Crowley in particular benefitted from his presence and whilst it is right that he leaves now he does not deserve you vindictive comments.
    if Scott's penalty was saved, and we were still in the NL, what would your thoughts of him then be?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    if Scott's penalty was saved, and we were still in the NL, what would your thoughts of him then be?
    We wouldn’t have got to penalties if it wasn’t for him, he got the game by the scruff of the neck when others were falling to bits.
    Arrogant prick? You don’t half let yourself down Durham sometimes. Have you read what JJ said about him, he was an extremely positive and a well liked influence in the dressing room.
    As for the penalty he’d done it several times before, keeper went the wrong way, he just missed the target, was Harry Kane an arrogant prick when he blazed it over against France?
    Also we’re you saying he was an arrogant prick when he tried something on that free kick that no one else would have had the balls to do?

As for Scott, your favourite player, I seem to remember him missing a penalty which may have helped us win the league.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast