+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Imagine for a moment…

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Have to agree. It was impulsive and stupid you would expect better from an experienced pro. And yet he does an act of brilliance in the same game which he bossed. Best of luck to him I think he will be picked up by another League 2 club.
    Have you not read this thread? Well clearly you haven't otherwies you wouldn't have said what you have.

Would have given JB another year. Not been the same since the injury he got early season, He has some nous about him,a calm influence, who always makes himself available for the ball, doesn't go hiding. His weakness is his 1 peg, has to be on the left or he is fcuk'd & tackling, but we have plenty that can't do that. Some have said he has slowed but many will tell you that if you have skill, that compensates it

Well done John Bostock.
    You are class.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Well done John Bostock.
    You are class.
    Thank you.
    Couldn't agree more. Worth another year IMHO.

Have to agree. It was impulsive and stupid.
    It wasn't impulsive at all, it was pre-planned.

The club said he had been practising them all week and was given the ok to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It wasn't impulsive at all, it was pre-planned.

The club said he had been practising them all week and was given the ok to do it.
    Never read that Elite. I will just stick with stupid then.

Never read that Elite. I will just stick with stupid then.
    Think the club said they had been studying Fitzsimmons & where he stood for freekicks around the box

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Think the club said they had been studying Fitzsimmons & where he stood for freekicks around the box
    It was the goalkeeper coach who had noticed it and passed on the information

Have to agree. It was impulsive and stupid you would expect better from an experienced pro. And yet he does an act of brilliance in the same game which he bossed. Best of luck to him I think he will be picked up by another League 2 club.
    I saw an interview with him where he said he took all his penalties like that and was well known in the Belgian league for it, to the point one goalkeeper asked him if he would do it as he was placing the ball, he replied 'yes', did it and scored. I maybe wrong on this, but I think he also said that was his first penalty miss doing it (he certainly had a high success rate), so I would say it was neither impulsive or stupid.

John Bostock was an absolute man mountain in the Wembley match. Without him that day, we would have lost, simple as!! Durham has shown a complete and utter lack of class in his final words on Bostock. I agree , he has gone off the boil, but the man has shown decency, integrity and a fantastic football brain during his time with us. The enormous explosion of passion I felt at the end of the match will live with me always and John Bostock had a huge hand in that. Thank you and good luck.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast