+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine for a moment…

Imagine for a moment…

That Bostock’s panenka went in at Wembley.

Ran the show. Scored and outstanding goal from the free kick.

Just imagine…

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post

Just imagine…
    Imagine what? Would have been nice for all that to happen for him (the pratenka was pure ego though and not worth the risk in the situation, IMO). A division higher this season and he struggled with the pace of things. Not glad to see him go but certainly not sorry that a wage/position has been freed.

Just imagine…
    But I liked that Scott got his redemption although I'd imagine he'd preferred it if Bostock didn't miss at the time 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    But I liked that Scott got his redemption although I'd imagine he'd preferred it if Bostock didn't miss at the time 🤣
    Oh yeah the whole Scott ‘redemption arc’ was script writing at its finest.

But that panenka goes in, given the whole context, it’s probably one of the best moments you’ll likely see in football as a Notts fan.

Oh yeah the whole Scott ‘redemption arc’ was script writing at its finest.

But that panenka goes in, given the whole context, it’s probably one of the best moments you’ll likely see in football as a Notts fan.
    I thought it was Bostock being arrogant initially but that's his penalty and from the reel I saw he was very good at it and perhaps just tried to make sure a bit too much.

I'm not sure we would've got to penalties but for his free-kick so he's always got that in the bank. Not unhappy with his departure as I think we can improve on him overall but when he was playing well it was a joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I thought it was Bostock being arrogant initially but that's his penalty and from the reel I saw he was very good at it and perhaps just tried to make sure a bit too much.

I'm not sure we would've got to penalties but for his free-kick so he's always got that in the bank. Not unhappy with his departure as I think we can improve on him overall but when he was playing well it was a joy to watch.
    He had been practising it during the week and I believe he had cleared it with LW that he could do it. But by the time the opportunity arose there is a combination of tired legs, high emotions and adrenalin. A shame that he may be remembered more for the miss than the free-kick you mention.

A bit disappointed that he couldn't give us more, he's not that old, but he'll be remembered well, I hope as he remembers us. From his X:

Name:  Bostock farewell.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  82.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post

I’ve never seen a Notts player do what he did that afternoon at Wembley. After the chaos of the opening 10, he basically took the game and decided he’d run it. I vividly remember one ball he played out to Cameron. Dropped from a height and on the side volley, whizzed it out to him, didn’t have to break stride.

And, seeing him turn to Palmer at that free kick and say ‘I’m going to shoot’… the stones on him. We may not have created another chance after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He had been practising it during the week and I believe he had cleared it with LW that he could do it. But by the time the opportunity arose there is a combination of tired legs, high emotions and adrenalin. A shame that he may be remembered more for the miss than the free-kick you mention.

A bit disappointed that he couldn't give us more, he's not that old, but he'll be remembered well, I hope as he remembers us. From his X:

Name:  Bostock farewell.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  82.2 KB
    Great words. There’ll undoubtedly be some morons who will sneer at his faith and openness surrounding it, but it is refreshing to see him as open with it.

I remember seeing the highlights the evening of the play off final and when Scott scores, everyone rightly goes wild, but Bostock is next seen just finishing a prayer in the centre circle. That was beautiful to see.

That's one classy statement from John Bostock... thank you so much sir and I hope you find a new club sooner rather than later.

I’m sure he said he scored penalties before doing it, it was actually fine as the keeper had gone, no different to putting it an inch wide of the post, just executed it wrong. If people want to call it ego/arrogance fine, I’d called it extreme self belief and that saved us losing that day.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast