+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Those released. Where will they land?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    The problem with Balbwin was his attitude. Glad he's gone expect him to fail at the next club unlucky enough to sign him.

He never learned from his mistakes, when he made mistakes he never did anything to rectify the situation. The Shrewsbury FA Cup match is a shining example of everything wrong with him.

National League player at BEST.
    Besides the mistakes, which can be put down to him being asked to play too much, he often seemed too casual.

I think it was Swindon away where that back pass from Robbo hit the post and bounced out. He just watched the Swindon striker get to the follow-up and stick it in an empty net, then threw his arms in the air having made zero attempt to stop him.

Just a lack of defensive awareness that you can't really coach players to have.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    The problem with Balbwin was his attitude. Glad he's gone expect him to fail at the next club unlucky enough to sign him.

He never learned from his mistakes, when he made mistakes he never did anything to rectify the situation. The Shrewsbury FA Cup match is a shining example of everything wrong with him.

National League player at BEST.
    Spot on
    And off the pitch he was even worse

Attitude aside just simply watch the very extensive list of howlers Baldwin committed this season to see why he was not offered a new contract. That is all there is to it. He's not good enough. In my 38 years of supporting Notts I cannot remember a defender making so many horrible mistakes that lead to goals in one season. If we just get a head it kick it strong centre back in to replace in ( which we obviously won't) we are 10 points better off already.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Attitude aside just simply watch the very extensive list of howlers Baldwin committed this season to see why he was not offered a new contract. That is all there is to it. He's not good enough. In my 38 years of supporting Notts I cannot remember a defender making so many horrible mistakes that lead to goals in one season. If we just get a head it kick it strong centre back in to replace in ( which we obviously won't) we are 10 points better off already.
    Or a midfielder to come collect the ball off the defenders? I noticed towards the end of the season, Crowley was doing that job and we made less mistakes. I'd have immediately put Crowley in Palmer's role as soon as Palmer was injured, may have helped Bostock somewhat as well

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Or a midfielder to come collect the ball off the defenders? I noticed towards the end of the season, Crowley was doing that job and we made less mistakes. I'd have immediately put Crowley in Palmer's role as soon as Palmer was injured, may have helped Bostock somewhat as well
    Talking about Palmer, not heard much, will he be back ?

Baldwin and Bostock to Grimsby FACT , just messaged my fishy supporting grandson that to wind him up...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post

Baldwin and Bostock to Grimsby FACT , just messaged my fishy supporting grandson that to wind him up...
    The club posted a video of him running and training a week or two ago, so he's well on the way. Hoping he'll be fit for the start in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post

Palmer is expected to be on the grass training 2 weeks into the pre season, mentioned as the fans forum.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Palmer is expected to be on the grass training 2 weeks into the pre season, mentioned as the fans forum.
    So he will still be some way off before the start of the season. On the grass means fitness, not kicking the ball necessarily so probably looking at late September before he's playing and another few games until he's fully vack

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    So maybe he will be match fit around the end of August????
    Well if he's not kicking a ball 2 weeks into pre season, he is still some way off playing, I think it will be more October

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Well if he's not kicking a ball 2 weeks into pre season, he is still some way off playing, I think it will be more October
    So pretty much 12 months out. Bloody hell.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast