+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Those released. Where will they land?

All back in National League

Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Who cares?
    I’d say quite a lot of fans. Myself included.

I think they are all NL at best. Baldwin could perhaps be a L2 defender for a club that doesn't ask him to get on the ball, who knows. Bostock has enough quality on the ball to play in L2 but his legs have gone.

I think one of the problems with Baldwin was that he was involved far more than the other defenders with everything that happened at the back. It was too much for him to be able to keep concentrating and so the errors followed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I think one of the problems with Baldwin was that he was involved far more than the other defenders with everything that happened at the back. It was too much for him to be able to keep concentrating and so the errors followed.
    I imagine he touched the ball and passed the ball in the game a lot more than anyone else in the team by a country mile. Then take into account he plays central and is the last player closest to the goal then it’s inevitable he’s going to have the most mistakes with the amount touches and the most clangers being so close. Without seeing the stats I imagine he also got the most blocks and won the most headers, in summary he was being asked to do quite a lot.

The problem with Balbwin was his attitude. Glad he's gone expect him to fail at the next club unlucky enough to sign him.

He never learned from his mistakes, when he made mistakes he never did anything to rectify the situation. The Shrewsbury FA Cup match is a shining example of everything wrong with him.

National League player at BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    The problem with Balbwin was his attitude. Glad he's gone expect him to fail at the next club unlucky enough to sign him.

He never learned from his mistakes, when he made mistakes he never did anything to rectify the situation. The Shrewsbury FA Cup match is a shining example of everything wrong with him.

Besides the mistakes, which can be put down to him being asked to play too much, he often seemed too casual.

I think it was Swindon away where that back pass from Robbo hit the post and bounced out. He just watched the Swindon striker get to the follow-up and stick it in an empty net, then threw his arms in the air having made zero attempt to stop him.

Just a lack of defensive awareness that you can't really coach players to have.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post

Spot on
    And off the pitch he was even worse

Attitude aside just simply watch the very extensive list of howlers Baldwin committed this season to see why he was not offered a new contract. That is all there is to it. He's not good enough. In my 38 years of supporting Notts I cannot remember a defender making so many horrible mistakes that lead to goals in one season. If we just get a head it kick it strong centre back in to replace in ( which we obviously won't) we are 10 points better off already.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast