+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those released. Where will they land?

Those released. Where will they land?

I always enjoy seeing where those we release end up.

Baldwin - I reckon he could end up at Chesterfield. Guarantee he has a worldie against us if he does. I can see him in L2.

TAR - I reckon he’d walk into any National League side and flourish if he played week in, week out.

Brindley - Similar to TAR but I think he could do a good job in L2 given a sustained, injury free run.

JOB - I think he may hang up his boots.

Luther - NLN or NLS.

Bostock - Interesting one. I can see him landing in L2 but I don’t see many sides playing a style that would suit him. He’ll essentially have to play as a QB anywhere he goes above the National League.

Of those made available for transfer;

Connell - Would be a mainstay of any NL defence. Wonder if Michael Doyle might be on the phone?!

Stone and Randall - National League; I hope they’ve got busy agents. Need them off the books ASAP.

Now he’s gone can anyone explain what ‘it’ is with Baldwin that seems to have upset some people behind the scenes?

Someone mentioned him having already signed for another club, others mentioned him being a bad apple. What I don’t understand is if he was that bad, the club had no intention of offering him a new contract….and he made countless errors throughout the season….then how and why did he hold down a starting place for so long.

I’ve found it odd that considering our defensive horror show this year that we have basically stuck with the same players, doing the same thing over and over again.

Anyway, I digress…..Baldwin….why hasn’t he been offered a new contract? It’s a bit of an elephant in the room to me. If we could’ve strengthened in defence he would have been a decent option from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Now he’s gone can anyone explain what ‘it’ is with Baldwin that seems to have upset some people behind the scenes?

Someone mentioned him having already signed for another club, others mentioned him being a bad apple. What I don’t understand is if he was that bad, the club had no intention of offering him a new contract….and he made countless errors throughout the season….then how and why did he hold down a starting place for so long.

I’ve found it odd that considering our defensive horror show this year that we have basically stuck with the same players, doing the same thing over and over again.

Anyway, I digress…..Baldwin….why hasn’t he been offered a new contract? It’s a bit of an elephant in the room to me. If we could’ve strengthened in defence he would have been a decent option from the bench.
    Absolutely agree. Surely if he was X, Y and Z he’d have been bombed out.

There’s definitely a player in there. I’ve said on here previously that I think he was asked to do too much from a tactical point of view in that role. But he also made some brain dead errors.

I think with some actual competition for his place (Brindley, Warner and Connell never provided that), that could have provided a need for him to sharpen up and improve. Maybe he was on a decent whack, or would have wanted a decent whack to extend.

Overall, I think we can replace him effectively so was the correct decision.

Some interesting points made there mate... I think Baldwin kept getting picked because we simply had nobody else that was any better to pick instead... we took in Warner in Jan and he was absolute Poo... Rawlo is National League standard at a push... With Baj injured we were so light at the back I suppose he had to be picked...Brindley had his moments but got injured at the thought of playing... I liked Baldwin...Rolls Royce on his day but my god his lack of concentration was shocking for a professional footballer...He should land on his feet pretty fast but it has to be the correct decision to let him go.

Baldwin came in to pre season over weight (or not at the expected level) and therefore I think his professionalism was questioned and rightly so. When you take that into consideration along with the seemingly weekly howler, I think it was better he went to be honest, would also imagine he was one of the higher earners.

With Baldwin gone, I believe we now have a defence of Macari, Cameron and Chicksen and with at least 7 spots left to fill, plenty of space for some quality defenders

If they can't get League clubs then I'm sure an Oldham, Rochdale or Halifax type club will take them but I reckon at least one of them will stay in the League.

Essentially he has most of the attributes to be a footballer
    But lacks professionalism
    Luke had his number and Baldwin knew he couldn't take liberties
    When SM came in most of the senior players knew they'd have to help him as an inexperienced guy trying to replace a strong character like LW
    But there were those who saw it as an opportunity to take the piss

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Essentially he has most of the attributes to be a footballer
    But lacks professionalism
    Luke had his number and Baldwin knew he couldn't take liberties
    When SM came in most of the senior players knew they'd have to help him as an inexperienced guy trying to replace a strong character like LW
    But there were those who saw it as an opportunity to take the piss
    Had his number? He came back overweight, got booked and sent off for ridiculous things and LW already knew him at MKD, I’d hardly say he totally got him under control.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Had his number? He came back overweight, got booked and sent off for ridiculous things and LW already knew him at MKD, I’d hardly say he totally got him under control.
    True I guess
    But I suppose we've all tried to give co-workers a chance
    Anyway it didn't work out unfortunately

Yeah I’m really interested to see Aden ends up. I’m thinking Scottish premier with many in our league being a bit too aware of the clangers.

Bostock similar, I just don’t know how he went from being one of the first names on the team sheet to getting released in the space of a few months.

Notts legends for the playoffs.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast