+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Council Services

O/T Council Services

Just had a look at our local drains.
    They are a bit clogged.
    There used to be lorries clearing them out.
    Do they still do it?

Crash, in Brinny we have drain clear outs twice a year. We also have our grass verges cut at least four times a year.

Add to this we have a sweeper once a year doing the kerbsides. I'm quite pleased with our Lib Dem councillors who make this happen, screw the piss poor Labour Councillors who have so far failed to post a leaflet or even knock on my door asking for their vote unlike Adam and Charlotte who call regularly through the village annually just to see how things are doing and how my family feel they are being served.

That's true care for a community.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    They are a bit clogged.
    Do they still do it?
    Not just the drains mate, look at some of the gutters, that have vegetation
    growing out of it, when it rains the rainwater overflows down the outside
    walls, which then gets into the brickwork, causing damp & mould inside
    properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crash, in Brinny we have drain clear outs twice a year. We also have our grass verges cut at least four times a year.

Add to this we have a sweeper once a year doing the kerbsides. I'm quite pleased with our Lib Dem councillors who make this happen, screw the piss poor Labour Councillors who have so far failed to post a leaflet or even knock on my door asking for their vote unlike Adam and Charlotte who call regularly through the village annually just to see how things are doing and how my family feel they are being served.

Why did they move to whiston from brinsworth..?..obviously a bigger house on island close than Wendeydale drive granted,but still always seems abit disingenuous when they move away..

I see that Adam & Charlotte (assume married to each other) live at the same address in Broom not Brinsworth

Also you've got David Roche standing on the Labour ticket, he was our local councillor but for some reason now up for election in Brinsworth. He still lives in Wath as far as I know

I doubt they know much about him in Brinsworth but as he wears the red rosette he's got a good chance of getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I see that Adam & Charlotte (assume married to each other) live at the same address in Broom not Brinsworth

Also you've got David Roche standing on the Labour ticket, he was our local councillor but for some reason now up for election in Brinsworth. He still lives in Wath as far as I know

I doubt they know much about him in Brinsworth but as he wears the red rosette he's got a good chance of getting in.
    Grist, I stand corrected. Both Adam and Charlotte have left Brinsworth because they have stood down as parish councillors and are actually standing for election to the RMBC. As for Brinny parish council, there are 11 people looking to be elected and all are Lib Dem with 7 standing as Labour. I truly hope the Labour lot don't get in as they were useless before the Lib Dem's took over last time.

Whoever is sworn in, I trust they can follow on with all the hard work the Carters put into their role while on the Parish Council.

Grist, I stand corrected. Both Adam and Charlotte have left Brinsworth because they have stood down as parish councillors and are actually standing for election to the RMBC. As for Brinny parish council, there are 11 people looking to be elected and all are Lib Dem with 7 standing as Labour. I truly hope the Labour lot don't get in as they were useless before the Lib Dem's took over last time.

Whoever is sworn in, I trust they can follow on with all the hard work the Carters put into their role while on the Parish Council.
    NB.I can't be doing with anyone who doesn't live in the village. They have to see things on a regular basis and not just nipping through for a quick inspection. We had one last time that applied for the ward who actually lived in Moorgate, never saw nothing of her pre election, not even a flyer posted through the letterbox but she put up for the seat and gladly failed! I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    They are a bit clogged.
    Do they still do it?
    yes they do, but if it is an issue you can report here and they'll sort it sooner
    https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/xfp/form/332

Nice to hear of some councillors doing good work in their communities. Well done lib dems

The parish council tax charge pays for what they have done.!.

As I pointed out first They left brinsworth to live in whiston.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast