+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Message from JOB

Thank you Jim for demonstrating old fashioned values of integrity and hard work are still fundamental components of a 'professional' footballer. Even when things were tough, you didn't hide.
    Good luck in whatever is next for you and your family and you know you will always receive the warmest of welcomes at Meadow Lane.
    COYP

Might seem a bit harsh now, but for his career, absolutely the right move

One of the best farewell messages I’ve read at Notts, because it’s from the heart and he knows how loved he was at the club. JOB is a true pro and genuine character, but I still think now is the right time to cut our ties - this season showed us what happens when you have too many players the wrong side of 30 in your first team.

If he works as hard on his coaching as he did on the pitch, I’m sure we’ll see him back at ML one day.

That message doesn't tell me anything knew about Jim O'Brien, but it confirms everything I always thought. A player who literally gave you everything and never hid from responsibility, even in adversity.

He sits in the same category in my book as Ian 'Rico' Richardson, and I would be amazed if there isn't a role for him in the club if he wants one. You don't get many like them to the pound and you should keep hold of 'em, when you've got 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Great post from Jim on 'X'...

"To my fellow Magpies,

It's with great sadness that my time with you is now over.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for welcoming me into your club at a time in my life when I was struggling to find somewhere to call ‘home’ . You gave me that home - and you gave me my love for football back. For that, I will forever be grateful.

There have been plenty of lows throughout my time with you - but the highs outweigh them all. The people I've met and the relationships formed along the way will be with me forever.

I have taken immense personal and professional pride in representing your wonderful and historic football club. So much so, that I am now a supporter and consider it to be MY club.

Being able to play a part in the club’s history, alongside some fantastic players, is something I will honour for the rest of my life.

From fighting relegation to leading the team away at Grimsby, it’s been some ride!

I hope you will remember me with fondness and as someone who gave everything every time I pulled on the shirt. It’s not “goodbye”, it’s “see you later”.

Love always,

Jim x
    "
    Thank you for your service Jim and at some times seeming like the only player who gave a ****. Wish you weren't leaving, you will always have a home at meadow Lane.

I always assumed that Jim leaving was his decision, but after watching the fans forum it's pretty clear that it was a club decision.

That makes Jim's farewell message even classier, I hope we see him back at Meadow Lane in some role in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I always assumed that Jim leaving was his decision, but after watching the fans forum it's pretty clear that it was a club decision.

That makes Jim's farewell message even classier, I hope we see him back at Meadow Lane in some role in the future.
    Wears his heart on his leg, his enthusiasm will be missed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123