+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message from JOB

Message from JOB

Great post from Jim on 'X'...

"To my fellow Magpies,

It's with great sadness that my time with you is now over.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for welcoming me into your club at a time in my life when I was struggling to find somewhere to call ‘home’ . You gave me that home - and you gave me my love for football back. For that, I will forever be grateful.

There have been plenty of lows throughout my time with you - but the highs outweigh them all. The people I've met and the relationships formed along the way will be with me forever.

I have taken immense personal and professional pride in representing your wonderful and historic football club. So much so, that I am now a supporter and consider it to be MY club.

Being able to play a part in the club’s history, alongside some fantastic players, is something I will honour for the rest of my life.

From fighting relegation to leading the team away at Grimsby, it’s been some ride!

I hope you will remember me with fondness and as someone who gave everything every time I pulled on the shirt. It’s not “goodbye”, it’s “see you later”.

Love always,

Jim x
    "

Excellent message from the heart.

Right back at you Jim thanks for the great memories and your undefeated Managerial stint. Best of luck for the future.

Thank you JOB, you will be remembered fondly as a no-nonsense player that brought some grit into our team, good luck with your future where ever that may be, who know's, you may be back here in some capacity.
    Take great care of that left leg, the tattoo is invaluable!.

The consummate professional. Anyone entering the game should look at how Jim conducted himself.
    I still think there is a year left in him.
    Thank you Jim, I wish you and your boy everything you wish for.

What a man!

On behalf of every Notts’ fan thank you for your effort, desire and skill shown whilst wearing a Notts shirt. You epitomise all that a football fan can ask for whilst playing for their team. Aside from that you also oversaw a 5-5 score which, I understand, is unique in our 162 year history. Best of luck for the future.

Class from JOB that.

Top Man
    That' why he should have been kept on in some capacity or other. There are very few players with his attitude towards a club. I have a gut feeling Maynard wanted him out, too close to the players & not scared to confront him or have his say

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Top Man
    That' why he should have been kept on in some capacity or other. There are very few players with his attitude towards a club. I have a gut feeling Maynard wanted him out, too close to the players & not scared to confront him or have his say
    I love how this is somehow Maynard's fault

Probably some truth in that.
    Despite his age JOB was still up to the job and stats on one site puy Jim amongst our top ten players last season, an accolade given to Dan Crowley.
    JoB ,will be fondly remembered, a proper professional a true Notts legend.
    Thanks for the memories Jim, our loss will be another club's good fortune.
    Very best wishes for the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast