+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everton are in a mess.

Everton are in a mess.

What a right mess this club is in and the eye watering loans that they have secured in the last while.
    This is truly shocking for football in general. I really don't think this is worth gloating over by fans either. This is how football fans/communties have been treated/shafted by authorities in the sport.

From the Guardian..... https://www.theguardian.com/football...takeover-doubt

The move comes as the club are believed to still be waiting for a further £15m of loans that 777 had pledged to provide Everton with during April, according to one 777 source.
    The latest loan would have taken the amount the club had borrowed from the American firm to more than £200m during the seven months since it was announced it would acquire Everton.

Further.....Another set of Everton creditors – MSP and its partners, the Evertonian businessmen Andy Bell and George Downing – has loaned the club about £160m, which is secured over the new stadium development at Bramley-Moore Dock, as well as a charge over more than half of Moshiri’s 94% stake in the club, according to corporate documents filed in the Isle of Man. That consortium could use its security to take control of the club.

If football was a patient....I would be calling all the next of kin to get in quick, as there is very little time left...

Makes things look pretty good for us doesn’t it. Another thing I can’t stand about the Prem is the money you need to meet the HUGE expectations once you are there. When you think of the hundreds of millions teams like Wolves and Nottingham forest have spent on players and where are they? One is mid table and the other close to relegation. Trying to do well in the Prem is like trying to hold a cheese trophy aloft off a mouse trap.

Although this makes for some horrific reading there’s a difference between their present situation and where we found ourselves with Lai.

They’ve got a magnificent new stadium and have been chasing glory, for better or for worse the intentions were to become bigger and better.

In our situation we were getting smaller and being r a p e d by an asset stripper.

Neither scenario is great but I’d rather be in the first camp than the second.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Although this makes for some horrific reading there’s a difference between their present situation and where we found ourselves with Lai.

They’ve got a magnificent new stadium and have been chasing glory, for better or for worse the intentions were to become bigger and better.

In our situation we were getting smaller and being r a p e d by an asset stripper.

Much of the damage was done by the bald
    c unt who lined his pockets and Lai was very badly advised when he acquired the club. There was no love from the bald t wat towards the club only towards the riches from the end game!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Much of the damage was done by the bald
    c unt who lined his pockets and Lai was very badly advised when he acquired the club. There was no love from the bald t wat towards the club only towards the riches from the end game!
    That’s not the point I’m making though.

Everton have pursued a state of the art stadium and invested in players etc.

That’s totally different to what Lai did to us.

As for Peace, he was extremely clever, he gave us a Premier League side that finished mid table and above and we enjoyed the ride but he also managed the finances and positioned things to suit his own end game.

Neither of these Albion scenarios are the same as what Moshiri has done at Everton AL.

Both of our owners have used us to meet their own needs, just that Peace was more cunning.

Guess that’s the problem though. I think we would all like to be very ambitious but if you can’t compete with the big money clubs what can you actually really achieve? How long can you even maintain being a top 8 club in the Prem for? We could think were a nothing club now but we could still be a nothing club hundreds of millions of pounds later. What has football actually become now?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Guess that’s the problem though. I think we would all like to be very ambitious but if you can’t compete with the big money clubs what can you actually really achieve? How long can you even maintain being a top 8 club in the Prem for? We could think were a nothing club now but we could still be a nothing club hundreds of millions of pounds later. What has football actually become now?

Well run clubs don’t need fortunes if they have a great owner who will invest albeit carefully and a fantastic recruitment set up. Look at Brighton and Brentford.

We need to look at more youngsters like Fellows etc and there’s a few talented kids who played last night. Apart from Johnston the loans brought in have been poor compared to other clubs and these players will be on decent money. Bartley - Phillips - Reach and Dike once fit need to go. Any good offers for Grady - Grant and Griffiths then get rid.

As Mick says scour the lower divisions for good talent and get the recruitment right.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Well run clubs don’t need fortunes if they have a great owner who will invest albeit carefully and a fantastic recruitment set up. Look at Brighton and Brentford.

We need to look at more youngsters like Fellows etc and there’s a few talented kids who played last night. Apart from Johnston the loans brought in have been poor compared to other clubs and these players will be on decent money. Bartley - Phillips - Reach and Dike once fit need to go. Any good offers for Grady - Grant and Griffiths then get rid.

As Mick says scour the lower divisions for good talent and get the recruitment right.
    The reality is that our model under Peace and the models now run by Brentford and Brighton are the best ways of doing it for clubs like ours.

I’d still like to be a mid range Prem side who competed well in the cups.

The reality is that our model under Peace and the models now run by Brentford and Brighton are the best ways of doing it for clubs like ours.

I’d still like to be a mid range Prem side who competed well in the cups.
    I agree but I remember that when we finished 8th and 10th we were wanting more (understandably) I just think that whatever you do now it’s all about three or 4 clubs. The rest are under the table looking for scraps. The Brentford and Brighton model is perfect for us yet where are they in the table? I suppose I’m just glad we’re in good hands now and hope we have some memorable matches to come.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I agree but I remember that when we finished 8th and 10th we were wanting more (understandably) I just think that whatever you do now it’s all about three or 4 clubs. The rest are under the table looking for scraps. The Brentford and Brighton model is perfect for us yet where are they in the table? I suppose I’m just glad we’re in good hands now and hope we have some memorable matches to come.
    I’d be happy with that scenario again.

In our best period we were beating Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool and doing it home and away.

Sometimes we absolutely hammered them 3-0.

I’d take that mate tbh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)