+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everton are in a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’d be happy with that scenario again.

In our best period we were beating Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool and doing it home and away.

Sometimes we absolutely hammered them 3-0.

I’d take that mate tbh.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I agree but I remember that when we finished 8th and 10th we were wanting more (understandably) I just think that whatever you do now it’s all about three or 4 clubs. The rest are under the table looking for scraps. The Brentford and Brighton model is perfect for us yet where are they in the table? I suppose I’m just glad we’re in good hands now and hope we have some memorable matches to come.

I agree. Everyone said we were in good hands when Lai arrived buying fans a beer and scarfs. Obviously paying off the loans will be to protect his investment which is the club so I will say we are in good hands myself when Patel starts investing in the playing squad so CC can build his own team. Even if this investment is modest and salaries are reduced - that’s fine!

Let’s start praising Patel after we see what happens this Summer. I do like the fact he’s attending matches coming over from the US though.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree. Everyone said we were in good hands when Lai arrived buying fans a beer and scarfs. Obviously paying off the loans will be to protect his investment which is the club so I will say we are in good hands myself when Patel starts investing in the playing squad so CC can build his own team. Even if this investment is modest and salaries are reduced - that’s fine!

Let’s start praising Patel after we see what happens this Summer. I do like the fact he’s attending matches coming over from the US though.
    I’ve said this for weeks AL…..let’s see what Patel dips his hand in his pocket to the tune of this summer.

I’ve been saying since he came that I’m waiting to hear what his vision is for the club, I want to know what the blueprint is?

To be honest, I’m a bit surprised that we’ve heard nothing of note on this subject up to now.

For the first time on your watch Mr Patel I will utter the immortal words…..tick tock Mr Patel, tick tock!

I’ve said this for weeks AL…..let’s see what Patel dips his hand in his pocket to the tune of this summer.

I’ve been saying since he came that I’m waiting to hear what his vision is for the club, I want to know what the blueprint is?

To be honest, I’m a bit surprised that we’ve heard nothing of note on this subject up to now.

For the first time on your watch Mr Patel I will utter the immortal words…..tick tock Mr Patel, tick tock!
    I would imagine a lot will depend on his next move when he knows which league we will be playing in next season.
    Until then, not much point budgeting until you have more information. He could find himself in the bizzare position of having recouped his £60 Million investment six months after buying in....wouldn't that be a sweet return.
    I imagine we will get a better view at the end of the season when things become clearer.
    In the meantime...just sit tight and enjoy the rest of the shoestring season..

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I would imagine a lot will depend on his next move when he knows which league we will be playing in next season.
    Until then, not much point budgeting until you have more information. He could find himself in the bizzare position of having recouped his £60 Million investment six months after buying in....wouldn't that be a sweet return.
    I imagine we will get a better view at the end of the season when things become clearer.
    In the meantime...just sit tight and enjoy the rest of the shoestring season..
    How do you do this “enjoy” thing you mention Dubs?

How do you do this “enjoy” thing you mention Dubs?
    Well I thought the new you had that cracked Mick!
    It's the right end of the league for a start. Rather be in this position then a must win V Preston to stay in the Championship at the other end.
    Having been in a play off place for so long it would be disappoing for the players and fans if we didn't get an extra few games in the end.
    Then rest regroup and hopefully rebuild.Could be a blessing either way.

Brighton's is a great story of business acumen with a plan underwritten by one hell of a lot of Tony Bloom's personal fortune derived from gambling and further enhanced by broadcasting rights following promotion to the Greed League.

Brentford's is a great story of business acumen with a plan underwritten by one hell of a lot of Matthew Benham's personal fortune derived from sports analytics and gambling further enhanced by broadcasting rights following promotion to the Greed League.

Shilen Patel has plenty of business acumen, personal wealth and family funding. I doubt he'll be gambling much of his personal wealth and family funds on the club so I'm looking forward to finding out his business plan for us moving forward with or without the further enhancement of broadcasting rights following promotion to the Greed League.

I'll be particularly interested to see whether anyone else comes aboard to provide additional financial input. If you look at Wrexham you'll see their owners are now investing in Mexico's Club Necaxa. The owners of Club Necaxa are in turn reported to be investigating in Wrexham. Interesting times ahead; with or without promotion.

PS.

Fk Everton 😉 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Brighton's is a great story of business acumen with a plan underwritten by one hell of a lot of Tony Bloom's personal fortune derived from gambling and further enhanced by broadcasting rights following promotion to the Greed League.

Brentford's is a great story of business acumen with a plan underwritten by one hell of a lot of Matthew Benham's personal fortune derived from sports analytics and gambling further enhanced by broadcasting rights following promotion to the Greed League.

Shilen Patel has plenty of business acumen, personal wealth and family funding. I doubt he'll be gambling much of his personal wealth and family funds on the club so I'm looking forward to finding out his business plan for us moving forward with or without the further enhancement of broadcasting rights following promotion to the Greed League.

I'll be particularly interested to see whether anyone else comes aboard to provide additional financial input. If you look at Wrexham you'll see their owners are now investing in Mexico's Club Necaxa. The owners of Club Necaxa are in turn reported to be investigating in Wrexham. Interesting times ahead; with or without promotion.
    This is true. I read somewhere (so no clue how true this is) that the Brighton owner had put around a billion into the club since he's been there. He's obviously recouped some of that now with the player sales. But anyone who thinks theirs is a sustainable model is just not the case. They have had an owner with deep pockets prepared to invest a large amount.

We have never had that, and even though the club is in better hands now, we still won't have that level of investment.

We should really be looking at ourselves for the blueprint...the 2010-2018 era. We had a sustainable club, an owner who watched every penny and for some of that time, a director of football who was the best in the country. Our recruitment was largely very good, which was the foundation of our success.
    Last edited by WBA123; 01-05-2024 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    PS.

Fk Everton 😉 .

😂. F uck all the scousers in their trackies!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)