+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Compare and contrast......

One team, in the automatic promotion places, able to secure that promotion on several occasions and yet seemingly unable to do so, losing points against inferior opposition culminating in an abject surrender against their last opposition.

Another team, outside the playoff place and unable to improve on that, denied an FA Cup final place by the baleful, inequitious VAR, yet still willing to give an automatic promotion candidate a run for their money.

Makes you proud to support Leeds, doesn't it?
    Had what some would call an epiphany this evening. A team with nothing to play for, and who were cruelly robbed of a giant-killing cup win by stupid f00king VAR, STILL came out and made a game of it even though they had no prospect of getting to playoff contention. Leeds on the other hand put on arguably the worst performance of the season when a win might have secured automatic promotion.

Had enough.....I'll "follow" LUFC results, but no longer as a team, expending precious time and emotional capital on a club that simply doesn't deserve it any more. I'll attend matches at Eastleigh, its inexpensive, the players play for the shirt, not for the money, crowds are smaller (I know, Iv'e been there this season) but all are there because of who and what Eastleigh are, nothing more, with no expectations of greatness, just a hope of a win now and then, nothing less and come rain or shine they keep coming back. LUFC could learn a lesson or two from those further down the ranks in what it means to have spine, heart and a pair.

Had enough.....I'll "follow" LUFC results, but no longer as a team, expending precious time and emotional capital on a club that simply doesn't deserve it any more. I'll attend matches at Eastleigh, its inexpensive, the players play for the shirt, not for the money, crowds are smaller (I know, Iv'e been there this season) but all are there because of who and what Eastleigh are, nothing more, with no expectations of greatness, just a hope of a win now and then, nothing less and come rain or shine they keep coming back. LUFC could learn a lesson or two from those further down the ranks in what it means to have spine, heart and a pair.
    Got quite a few mates who still follow York City in the National League from when i lived in York, many are also Leeds fans but cannot afford to follow Leeds nowadays so i get the latest news of what goes on York wise.

I see Eastleigh beat York City twice this season & finished a decent 13th too - not bad at all !

There is a mural-wall at the new York City stadium & it has all visiting clubs badges on it & the Eastleigh badge is really bang on with its towns history, so yeah each to their own when following live football & the lower leagues are defo great places to visit, for sure & defo a lot cheaper to attend & the stadia have a real warm sense of genuine comardre culture.

My Mum (a York City £1 annual shareholder)
    was always telling you to get down to see your local team so she'll be well chuffed that you did. 👍

Golden Share Process Complete | York City Supporters Trust
    https://www.ycst.org.uk/golden-share...0in%20November.

Suspect the understandable frustrations of the last 8 games are impacting some of us more than others.

This has still been a good season and it’s a competitive leave - I think a team with 48 points might get relegated!

At the start of the season a few worried about the implosion of the club but it has t happened.

Finishing 3rd with 90 or 93 points is a good season by any metric.

We will be okay financially due to attendances and the amount of merch we sell.

The squad is decent and as Spaldy has noted elsewhere with a few additions is probably capable of competing in the bottom 7 or 8 of the prem.

Summerville will probably go but that was always likely if a Liverpool came in.

Farke still worries me but equally he got us to here and knows what he is doing whether we agree with it or not.

The season is still not done and the playoffs ‘owe’ us for all the previous angst caused.

Frustrating as the last few weeks have been the season is still far from over.

Of the current play off places the only team that worries me is Southampton.

Keep the faith

Well done Ipswich , they didn't fold and deserve promotion.

Obviously piss poor from our perspective , given where we were after the international break , we were primed not only to win promotion but to grab the title.

The 2 home games against Sunderland/Blackburn killed us , win both we would already be up!

Said it before but we only have ourselves to blame.

Onto the play-offs...what could possibly go wrong

Hats off to Coventry. They really went for the win. Really grown to like them this season. it's certainly a test of character being a Coventry fan just like it is a Leeds fan.

I think the playoffs this year are going to be even more painful than ever for us. None of the teams coming in are "in form" which means our losing will be even more painful than the derby fiasco. Just bracing myself for the gut punch that i know is coming.

I will carry a life long disdain and antipathy toward the wales national team. I hope they are mopped up in every tourney the rest of my days. Childish but the way i feel.

I am disappointed that Farke didn't get more of the squad in the rotation when we were obviously fading after then international break. I am sure the wales fiasco affected Rodon, Ampadu and James negatively. Unfortunately, Farke did not seem to see that or thought it better to train and play them until they were broke down. They are some of the key players and we are going into key games with a lifeless and spent team. I know it's easy to monday morning quarterback but it wasn't hard to see....even for a casual fan. Even stranger when you had a fresh and charged cresswell sitting the bench.

I do think we'll need to do a wholesale cleaning house sale wise this off season. The FFP rules are pretty strict and the FA's corruption and dislike along with selective enforcement against Leeds is legion. May have been deserved during the risdale years but long since over.

Agree Spaldy , Farkes lack of squad rotation , especially when it was obvious some players were not at it was quite mind boggling , but the same can be said of the timing of his substitutions , just don't understand his reasons for leaving it so late.

We have one last shot at promotion , fail and its the championship again next season with a weaker squad and probably with the same manager who failed to get us up with arguably the strongest squad in the division.

Fingers crossed we win the play-offs but ffs it really should not have come to this.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Suspect the understandable frustrations of the last 8 games are impacting some of us more than others.

This has still been a good season and it’s a competitive leave - I think a team with 48 points might get relegated!

At the start of the season a few worried about the implosion of the club but it has t happened.

Finishing 3rd with 90 or 93 points is a good season by any metric.

We will be okay financially due to attendances and the amount of merch we sell.

The squad is decent and as Spaldy has noted elsewhere with a few additions is probably capable of competing in the bottom 7 or 8 of the prem.

Summerville will probably go but that was always likely if a Liverpool came in.

Farke still worries me but equally he got us to here and knows what he is doing whether we agree with it or not.

The season is still not done and the playoffs ‘owe’ us for all the previous angst caused.

Frustrating as the last few weeks have been the season is still far from over.

Of the current play off places the only team that worries me is Southampton.

Keep the faith
    Well said that man!
    Well done LUFC and here’s hoping we can still make it. If not we try again ✔️

Had what some would call an epiphany this evening. A team with nothing to play for, and who were cruelly robbed of a giant-killing cup win by stupid f00king VAR, STILL came out and made a game of it even though they had no prospect of getting to playoff contention. Leeds on the other hand put on arguably the worst performance of the season when a win might have secured automatic promotion.

Its to do with the mentality and attitude that the Coventry manager sent his team out with.
    With us, you can usually tell in the first 10 minutes, if we are up for it. And lately we haven't been.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)