+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PL games played in the States???????

PL games played in the States???????

Are there no limits to the greed of the PL and the lengths they will go to in order to get further up the ar5e of the broadcasters?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...33f1c56a&ei=72

I doubt it will happen as soon as next season, but just as with the European super League idea, it will happen, eventually.

And this idea would assist in making football "sustainable" and help show that the sport wants to contribute to reducing carbon emissions etc? F00king pathetic.
    Last edited by WTF11; 01-05-2024 at 05:08 PM.

All about the money in the probably the most corrupt league in the world 🌎
    It will most likely happen.

The Premier League is a great example of capitalism in action..

Cambridge Dictionary definition of capitalism -

"An economic system based on private ownership of property and business, with the goal of making the greatest possible profits for the owners."

It remains a system where the vast majority of the small fry get shafted every time.

We need a revolution comrades.

Honestly wish the greedy 6 would just foxtrot Oscar and leave the rest of us to get on with it.

Never ever forget they ALL voted for it to happen.

Still disgusts me to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Honestly wish the greedy 6 would just foxtrot Oscar and leave the rest of us to get on with it.

Never ever forget they ALL voted for it to happen.

Still disgusts me to this day.
    Same here Rev. Should have kicked them all out!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Same here Rev. Should have kicked them all out!
    You have that now. It's called the championship!

off topic. not football related. stop reading if not interested.

On a more serious note. Alf, the revolution of which you speak is already occurring. If you wish to see a world without capitalism and you are young enough you'll be able to witness it. As more control is granted to the government and personal freedom is eliminated you'll get to experience a world controlled by something other than capitalism. I think the old adage "be careful what you wish for... you may get it" applies to this. The US offers unique perspective on the saga as parts of the country (California, New York) work toward the elimination of capitalism and individual choice. Other parts of the country are not as far along that path and offer a much different vision as well as quality of life. if the stakes weren't so high it would be a fascinating experiment on humanity. Where people migrate to and emigrate from tells you a lot about which system is preferable to the average person.

Simple things such as selling a combustion engine car (illegal in 2030 in CA) or using anything other than digital cash or credit card will be be banned. The UK is different in it's scope and size. My friends from the UK struggle to grasp the concept of distances in the US. it's possible to drive 2 full days at 100kph and still be in one state (TX). In parts of the country you can drive a 1000 miles and see less than a 100 cars. Electric vehicles don't work on that scale and train service is spotty at best. Nothing like Europe or the UK. electric and utility service can also be very spotty in places. an area without working electric service is an area where commerce can't be transacted if you are on digital currency. it can also be shut down at the whim of any bureacrat that's doing the "public good".

No economic system is perfect or even "good". However, no system has created more "middle class" and higher standard of living than capitalism. Might be offensive to some but its the reality. It's difficult to control people when they have financial freedom and independence. There has also never been a system where top down autocratic control has raised peoples standard of living. it's just a economic reality that has been played out since humans discovered fire.

Personally, I think playing in the states is great. I can only hope that the concept of relegation and promotion rubs off on the bush league MLS but I think that's a pipe dream

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    You have that now. It's called the championship!

off topic. not football related. stop reading if not interested.

On a more serious note. Alf, the revolution of which you speak is already occurring. If you wish to see a world without capitalism and you are young enough you'll be able to witness it. As more control is granted to the government and personal freedom is eliminated you'll get to experience a world controlled by something other than capitalism. I think the old adage "be careful what you wish for... you may get it" applies to this. The US offers unique perspective on the saga as parts of the country (California, New York) work toward the elimination of capitalism and individual choice. Other parts of the country are not as far along that path and offer a much different vision as well as quality of life. if the stakes weren't so high it would be a fascinating experiment on humanity. Where people migrate to and emigrate from tells you a lot about which system is preferable to the average person.

Simple things such as selling a combustion engine car (illegal in 2030 in CA) or using anything other than digital cash or credit card will be be banned. The UK is different in it's scope and size. My friends from the UK struggle to grasp the concept of distances in the US. it's possible to drive 2 full days at 100kph and still be in one state (TX). In parts of the country you can drive a 1000 miles and see less than a 100 cars. Electric vehicles don't work on that scale and train service is spotty at best. Nothing like Europe or the UK. electric and utility service can also be very spotty in places. an area without working electric service is an area where commerce can't be transacted if you are on digital currency. it can also be shut down at the whim of any bureacrat that's doing the "public good".

No economic system is perfect or even "good". However, no system has created more "middle class" and higher standard of living than capitalism. Might be offensive to some but its the reality. It's difficult to control people when they have financial freedom and independence. There has also never been a system where top down autocratic control has raised peoples standard of living. it's just a economic reality that has been played out since humans discovered fire.
    Spaldy,

The concept of "entrepreneur" is borrowed from the French words entreprendre “one who undertakes”.

In fact, the word entrepreneur was shaped from "celui qui entreprend" which is loosely translated as “those who get things done".

Mmm, history states in the early 18th century a group of thinkers called the Physiocrats surfaced in France around a school of new economic theory.
    They were the first proponents of laissez-faire & opposed all Government intervention in industry (especially taxation).

Their doctrine was that the economic affairs of society are best guided by the decisions of individuals.🤔

I noted your comment above that "There has also never been a system where top down autocratic control has raised peoples standard of living. it's just a economic reality that has been played out since humans discovered fire".

Gotta say my break times at work & free time when not at work are often sat in cafes, all of which have corner tables full of serious 'thinker conversation' on how to rectify all systems with Banking daily topping the lists.

Was reading an article at work tracing history of Banking in which most commercial nations have found necessary to institute banks & have proved to be the happiest engines that were ever invented for advancing trade, it stated.

It informed me that Mr Alexander Hamilton the first US Treasury secretary & founder of the Bank of New York, wrote in 1781 that “Venice, Genoa, Hamburg, Holland & England are examples of their utility.”

Whilst Thomas Jefferson the founding father of the US & author of the Declaration of Independence once called lenders “more dangerous than standing armies” - history states he also opposed vehemently the creation of a US central bank !

So the Central banks "conduct monetary policy" by adjusting the supply of money, usually through buying or selling securities in the open market.

Rightly or wrongly i've issues with that policy.
    As such strategy risks plunging more people into poverty.
    Monetary policy is not apolitical but it is sure undemocratic & that should change.

Gotta say - have had many a heated debate watching hydro power off shore propellers being built spoiling the views with regular oil tankers still passing by on the horizon.😉

Modern day challenge for capitalist/consumerist based economies is when is it enough or does it require year on year x% growth in a world of finite resources which aren’t enough.

It there is no ceiling then the fear is that it is akin to a giant ponzi scheme where eventually those at the bottom of it can’t sustain the top and it all crumbles.

Football to some extent is a magnified bubble of that in the prem and shows the inability of the regulators to adequately understand let alone address the issues whether in football or the wider world

MT,

thanks for the information. Kind of embarrassed to admit that I did not know about the Physiocrats. Going to do some research on that. It's always amazing to me how much the French influenced the US and the world. Here in the US almost everything historical seemed based on the British influence. Obviously, both good and bad early on. I would have little or no interest in toiling in a pioneer land to send my money back to some Monarch 1000's of miles away!!! However, I do kind of wish my ancestors had been "punished" and sent to Sydney!

I think Jefferson was our greatest politician and the wisest man ever to have led our country. Washington might have been the greatest in his selflessness and humble vision but Jefferson was the brilliant one that set the tone for years to come. I also suspect you and I have way more similarities than differences in our monetary policy thinking.

Hop, your statement on the giant ponzi scheme is spot on. it's think it might be called digital currency! Love the analogy to the prem and football in general. It does seem to be an analogy to quite a few other things going on in the world.

sorry to have hijacked the thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)