+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thomas contract.

Thomas contract.

So Thomas has a contract for two more years. Anyone else surprised by that? Okay on his day he can be very good but he can also be prone to giving away possession, even when not under pressure. Add to this latter point the fact that he is injury prone to the extent only Chris Long can overshadow.
    I'm definitely not saying I wanted him to go but, in these cash-strapped times I thought the Alex would be reviewing recruitment practices in terms of probable lack of playing time due to an injury record.

Not surprised at all. He is the biggest miss of all the injured players. No-one else can play that holding role as well as Thomas. As for injuries, comparing him to sicknote is just plain wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So Thomas has a contract for two more years. Anyone else surprised by that? Okay on his day he can be very good but he can also be prone to giving away possession, even when not under pressure. Add to this latter point the fact that he is injury prone to the extent only Chris Long can overshadow.
    I'm definitely not saying I wanted him to go but, in these cash-strapped times I thought the Alex would be reviewing recruitment practices in terms of probable lack of playing time due to an injury record.

Thomas has only missed games towards the end of the season, prior to that he was pretty much an ever present. I think we have missed him and he is one of those players who when he is not playing it is noticable. I am delighted he has another 2 years

He's played 78 times in 2 seasons to date, including missing the last 7 or 8 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Not surprised at all. He is the biggest miss of all the injured players. No-one else can play that holding role as well as Thomas. As for injuries, comparing him to sicknote is just plain wrong
    Don't agree. Luke Offord is the player we have missed most in that position. As I said Thomas has been good at times but I am surprised that people have forgotten his frequency of injury and his disciplinary record.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Don't agree. Luke Offord is the player we have missed most in that position. As I said Thomas has been good at times but I am surprised that people have forgotten his frequency of injury and his disciplinary record.
    We have very much missed Offord for sure. We have missed them both really. Not sure where this "injury prone" idea comes from. Until a month or so ago he has barely missed any games unless I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    We have very much missed Offord for sure. We have missed them both really. Not sure where this "injury prone" idea comes from. Until a month or so ago he has barely missed any games unless I am missing something.
    25 league 2 appearances this season. So roughly half the season missed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    25 league 2 appearances this season. So roughly half the season missed.
    Thanks for that! Was beginning to think I was imagining his non-appearances.