+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who are you voting for?…

Who are you voting for?…

I’m presuming thst it’s voting day today as I’ve just had the Labour Party knocking at my door and pushing their leaflets through the letterbox

Luckily I heard them go to next doors first and hear them bore him on why he should vote so I was successful in avoiding them

Looking at the leaflet they want me to vote for Clair Ward who I’ve never heard of before,she wants to get a grip on our roads,buses and trams,deliver more jobs and better skills,build the homes we need and work for a greener East Midlands all of which the Conservatives and others want to do as well

Well ram it Claire,if you only make yourself known on the day that you want my vote then you’re not worthy of me walking into Arnold to cast it,now then,where’s those bone idle Tory’s,why haven’t they knocked on my door to butter me up?

Only vote here is for Policing/crime Commissioner and, as it’s a position I don’t agree with, this is the ONLY occasion on which I don’t vote.These positions were invented as jobs for the boys; if the Chief Constable’s doing a bad job sack the bugger instead af getting some jumped up former local politician to make excuses for him/her. And a few millions that could be better spent.

I should point out that, if there was a box at the bottom of the ballot paper saying “none of the above” I’d be down there like a flash. THAT would be democracy.

Funnily enough I’ve had a leaflet also asking that I vote for Gary Godden whoever he is in the Police and Crime Commissioner election,I didn’t even know that this was thing until this morning,don’t they just move up the ranks or summat?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)