+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Shearer

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Al would chin Keane, mind...
    100% agree on that 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    I think players are completely different off the pitch compared to on the pitch… and with all these podcasts we’re getting to see actual personalities where they don’t have the strict broadcasting company standards and guidelines to meet.

In fact even your everyday bloke is different on the football pitch too… I’ve put a mate into the boards in a 5-a-side game and dislocated his shoulder… just the nature of competitive sport but never carried it off the pitch.
    And were you still friends afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    I’m gonna be unpopular with this one…

He comes across as very BBC… even with his swearing on the podcast with his MOTD mates it’s all a bit bland.

The really unpopular bit is.. in comparison… based on his personality and banter/wit on a different podcast (and just to add I watch them both on YouTube, not listening, so you get more of the personality when you can see expressions I mean) is I think I would rather have a pint with Roy Keane than Shearer.

#tinhatonhead
    Whilst I wouldn't rather have a pint with Keane than Shearer, I do agree he comes across very BBC.

I don't think he's a dick and I don't know enough of him as a person to call pure class.

So at a push, number 2 but I like to believe that Zips, number 4 catagory is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    And were you still friends afterwards?
    Yeah, I didn’t mean to do it… I’m just competitive and it was a *cough* full-blooded challenge is all, no malice in it… completely meant to take him out but not to injure him.

Always was more effort than skill on the football pitch 🤣

Competitive sports, or just non-professionals thinking they are pros 🤣

Anyway, I would love to have a beer with Keane AND Shearer. That would be funny! 😅

For the legend he is, he’s a humble person (that’s to be applauded). Has a decent sense of humour. Definite: seems canny.

Shearer can come across as a bit boring and I think he stands by his opinions.
    He always seems to be trying hard to come across as professional but behind the scenes I bet he's a decent laugh and a decent bloke.

Roy keane seems decent enough as well.
    If anyone seems more of a knob trying to disguise it, it's Lineker for me but then again without being fully around any of them it's hard to make proper judgement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)