+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    On my way to the NYS today, I brushed aside the fact we were relegated and only hoped that we didn't get tanked. That would have marred the sending off we had come to give Viktor. As it turned out, we were all grateful of a final home win and the praise for the team showed that.

As for Viktor, he was rightly applauded and the singing of his name rang out time and again and rightly so. Fantastic man and a brilliant player for us who will be sadly sadly missed but, he's leaves us with all the blessings that could be bestowed on anyone, there is such warmth and respect for him.

The result was great as Evo tried a formula of three up front which at times bonded well in the attack. Hugill's first goal was very well worked.
    Eaves scores twice, I'll come back to that in a mo and Nombe scores a beauty on the turn, brilliant goal.

The penalty taking. I thought it was a well known fact that Hugill is the recognised penalty taker at the club. What Eaves did was inexcusable as it showed his selfish side in not being a team player, okay he scored but what happened prior to that was not acceptable.

Hugill asked for the ball and Eaves was having none of it, embarrassing as it unfolded as this took over a minute to resolve. Hugill walked away in disgust and did not join in with the celebrations in the corner once Eaves had scored. While the celebrations were happening you could clearly see Evans shouting to Hugill to either scold him for not joining in the celebration or to ask him why he didn't take it, we'll never know?

Had Eaves been on for a hat trick, you would have expected Hugill to hand over the ball but that for me was a very sour moment tin the game, shame on you Eaves.

Overall, the day was a good experience for once. Players put an effort in where they didn't do for Richardson? Viktor got the send off he thoroughly deserved, Evo claimed his 4th point from three games, all in all a positive ending to a very very poor season we all want to forget.

NB. CT Milller, I didn't make the free pint from Viktor but from the shots I was shown today, they were queuing well down the road so apparently it was a great success for Viktor and the Tavern.
    Ironically. If taken and scored. The penalty would have given hugill a hat trick...

A word of caution.
    Of course, some may have appeared to do more this game. 1. It was a friendly. 2. Most importantly some were considering contracts for another cushy year…..

Clear them out!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    On my way to the NYS today, I brushed aside the fact we were relegated and only hoped that we didn't get tanked. That would have marred the sending off we had come to give Viktor. As it turned out, we were all grateful of a final home win and the praise for the team showed that.

As for Viktor, he was rightly applauded and the singing of his name rang out time and again and rightly so. Fantastic man and a brilliant player for us who will be sadly sadly missed but, he's leaves us with all the blessings that could be bestowed on anyone, there is such warmth and respect for him.

The result was great as Evo tried a formula of three up front which at times bonded well in the attack. Hugill's first goal was very well worked.
    Eaves scores twice, I'll come back to that in a mo and Nombe scores a beauty on the turn, brilliant goal.

The penalty taking. I thought it was a well known fact that Hugill is the recognised penalty taker at the club. What Eaves did was inexcusable as it showed his selfish side in not being a team player, okay he scored but what happened prior to that was not acceptable.

Hugill asked for the ball and Eaves was having none of it, embarrassing as it unfolded as this took over a minute to resolve. Hugill walked away in disgust and did not join in with the celebrations in the corner once Eaves had scored. While the celebrations were happening you could clearly see Evans shouting to Hugill to either scold him for not joining in the celebration or to ask him why he didn't take it, we'll never know?

Had Eaves been on for a hat trick, you would have expected Hugill to hand over the ball but that for me was a very sour moment tin the game, shame on you Eaves.

Overall, the day was a good experience for once. Players put an effort in where they didn't do for Richardson? Viktor got the send off he thoroughly deserved, Evo claimed his 4th point from three games, all in all a positive ending to a very very poor season we all want to forget.

NB. CT Milller, I didn't make the free pint from Viktor but from the shots I was shown today, they were queuing well down the road so apparently it was a great success for Viktor and the Tavern.

Rathbone captain should have * Eaves off & given ball to Hugill to take it. After that one of them have got to go for that it should be Eaves.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456