Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
A goal scorer at prem level is always hard to find. Rare as hens teeth for sure. However to says his injury record isn't good is a real soft peddle. he's been unavailable for 30% of matches over the last 2 seasons. that's 11.4 matches he misses per season.

If we bring in a 3rd, a top quality youngster, 19-21 yrs old with World Class potential and we can keep Wilson happy in the squad. I'm 100% on board. However, to rely on Wilson without a 3rd striker in would be a massive concern.

Anything happens to Isak and we then have to play Wilson 2 or 3 times a week isnt' sustainable as we've seen based on the evidence of this season.

The Strikers put the ball in the back of the net so the cost the big big money. However, the also represent the biggest merchandise revenue stream as fans buy shirts with their names on the back, also, they are the players Sponsors slap on their promotional material. So the investment in a player with a World Class ceiling would pay for itself over the duration of the players contract.

Messi & CR7 are both the pinnacle of cost/benefit when signing them in their later years. Man U made 10s of millions from fans buying that seasons shirt with Ronaldo's name on it.

Summing up my ramble. Wilson is a great player when fit. As part of a 3 man competition for starting line up in the centre foward birth I'd be buzzing, knowing we can bring him on at 65-70 mins to hold the ball up and score late goals.

If we get an offer of £15-20m from abroad and he went. I'd send him on his way with a round of applause as NUFC's Prem 2nd highest all time striker.
Eddie Howe knows where he stands. “Of course I want him at the club next season. I will do everything I can to make that happen,” said Howe.

Wilson said outside the team bus at Turf Moor: “The future? Finish the next four games. My first thought is finish the season strong and then try to get myself into the tournament in the summer, and then, I am contracted to Newcastle still so will be back in pre-season." Asked if there was an element of doubt, he replied: “Nah, nah, I guess, say what you want to say. Yeah
He said: “Of course it is on my mind. I have to be playing at Newcastle and the rest takes care of itself. I heard after the game Gareth Southgate was here, and obviously watching as many English players as he can. All you can do is perform when you are given an opportunity.

“Most players have played 50-60 games and to my disappointment I haven’t but that can only benefit me going into the summer if I get in the squad, fantastic. If not, I will continue my fitness work anyway and won’t waste what I have been working on.

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t have my eye on the last four games and trying to make an impression. That is all you can do. There are players who have had fantastic seasons this year who are English and strikers. It gives the manager an extra dilemma and person to choose from. I got an assist in the World Cup. Representing your country is what dreams are made of and it is the pinnacle. I think, yeah, realistically it is my last major tournament. I will be 34 for the next one. Who knows, it is fantastic to represent your country.”