+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsdale

Ramsdale

Apparently his agent is claiming its a done deal and Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle in the summer..

This transfer for me as some may know would be brilliant.. I rate Ramsdale as probably the best English Goalkeeper in the Prem and is up there with the best in the league..

why Arsenal would replace him with Raya is beyond me when he's not on the same level as Ramsdale..

Good with his feet and good shot stopper too.. he improves us massively if the rumours are true..

Would have preferred the Georgian Keeper but Ramsdale will be a good signing if this is true.

I read Raya was preferred because he was better with his feet?

I hope if its true its not part of a cash plus player deal for one of ours.

He's apperently come out and said "news to him" - however, he would say that as it would forfit his loyalty bounuses if he did acknowledge it.

I'd be happy with this to be honest. He feels like a Howe signing if I'm honest - prem experience and plenty of growth.

Question is, who would be Number 1...him or Pope?

if the rumours are true, it would have to be Ramsdale otherwise you couldn't see him swapping a number 2 position at Arsenal for a number 2 position here.

You'd think however, it could be that they'll be heavily rotated.

I don't know - but equally, any keeper we've been looking at would be expecting to come in as a No.1

I think it will be the Pope and Swiss cheese next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Question is, who would be Number 1...him or Pope?

if the rumours are true, it would have to be Ramsdale otherwise you couldn't see him swapping a number 2 position at Arsenal for a number 2 position here.
    Ramsdale is a better Keeper than Pope in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Ramsdale is a better Keeper than Pope in my opinion
    Yeah I'll agree with you Tutsterino!

He's younger, better with his feet and on a par shot stopping so better over all.

However, how many millions of £££ better than Pope is he?

£15m I guess is good business. £20m+ is not in my opinion.

If we're gonna spend £20m + I really think we should spend the extra money for that Georgian lad from Spain. A genuine step up to a higher level in quality.

What do you lads recon is the sort of 'cut off' point (cost) where the club should 'bet the farm' on going for that Giorgi Mamardashvili fella?

Personally, I would prefer to see the club spend the extra money and go for the very best quality player every time they go into the market now.

We need to replace the current first team, the Burn's, Longstaff's, Murphy's, Schar's etc are the players who should be our 'squad players'. Only way we make that a reality is to bring in the players at the level of Bruno, Botman, Isak etc.

So I'd go all out for Mamardashvili, CF, RWF & possibly a DCMF of that level.

We're bringing in Kelly as replacement for out of contract Dummett, a huge step up & Torsin for Lascelles who will be out of contract end of next season. Both will be levels of quality higher than the players they are replacing, on free contracts so great business.

The rest of the replacement players brought in have to improve us in every area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)