PDA

View Full Version : Okoro could be back next month

av4ever
06-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Hope so be cool to see him play before the end of the season.

Done it again spelling tut tut :P

O K O R E

link... - view external link (http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/injury-update-jores-okore-ahead-6677663?)

bongosdad
07-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Good! I look forward to the day Clarke and Baker are not in the 1st 11. Okori is a young lad but has already shown his in a different class to the chuckle brothers. Both probably to young to be sold but i would swap both for a quality center back.

bbvilla
07-02-2014, 03:23 PM
This lad played two and a half games for Villa before getting his injury - Chelsea, Liverpool and half Newcastle - all lost incidentally. So why exactly are we saying he is a world class defender and time to offload Clark and Baker?
Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Baker is green as grass and a panic merchant, I am amazed Lambert still picks him, Clark is getting better and warrants a place on the subs bench and Vlaar is average at best so yes, we desperately need quality centre backs. So I HOPE Okare is it but too soon to say.

If we rate Guzan as a good goalie then our goals-against column shows how piss-poor our defence really is..

bongosdad
07-02-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't think Okori is world class but defiantly a class above anything we have.

monty1
08-02-2014, 07:55 AM
no he didnt look too great but he did have a bit of psce which we lack with all the others.

Baker and Clark are fine anyway, going to be good quality players.

iwuztherein82
08-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Careful Bong ... your doing it again, assuming these players are class/great without really knowing their ability.

I so hope that Okore is gonna be the real deal but at the moment none of us can know.

Writing off Baker and Clarks is also shortsighted, both these players have ability and either one alongside an experienced, class centre half would learn positional sense very quickly, it has not helped that we have a developing midfield which brings with it very little protection for the back 4.

It could well be that Baker and Clarke are every bit as good as Okore ... or there again Okore could be the next Paul McGrath ... doubtful but wishful thinking never hurt anyone.

Come on you Lions ... a big 3 points today would do us the world of good B)