PDA

View Full Version : Contract extension? Seriously?

stateside
08-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Poor tactics, poor display, keep job, get contract extension. Where do I sign? - view external link (www.astonvilla-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/contract_extension_seriously_824046/index.shtml)

juanpablomilosevic
08-02-2014, 04:57 PM
This couldn't be true , it just couldn't be !!! The guys piss poor ,

Arran007
08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Statesy, I know some on here think I moan at times but I work in a industry where you are paid on results, if we don't win enough new contracts then people are out of a job.

Yet here we have a manager who's win record is less than 25%, presided over cup defeats against lower league teams in Milwall, Sheffield United and a two-legged cup semi-final defeat at the hands of Bradford City.

Taking all that into account, he's being offered a new 3-year deal :? :blue:

stateside
08-02-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm all for giving a guy a chance, but to reward not even mediocrity. Blows my mind.

icecreamman
08-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Do you think there are a lot of top level managers who are willing to step into a side still cutting its wages? With very little transfer funds?

Frankly, judging by the expectations on this forum, I think managers would rather coach for England before coming to Villa...

stateside
08-02-2014, 05:58 PM
ICM

I think he's lucky to keep his job. I'm not calling for his head, but an extension? Even you have to see the flaw with this.

av4ever
08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm all for backing the manager but to give him an extension at this time would be a very stupid thing because he may take us down.

I'm not saying sack him now either the timing is terrible look at the baggies in freefall it could be us.

Plus it's 7.30 and my feet are still bloody frozen.

westcountryvillain
08-02-2014, 07:12 PM
I'd say 8 points in 33 is freefall, or blnkin' close :s

ICM - how do you know other managers would not take the job on with a limited budget, it's not quite as limited as some would believe. He's spent around 40M and won

appac
08-02-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm all for backing the manager but to give him an extension at this time would be a very stupid thing because he may take us down.

I'm not saying sack him now either the timing is terrible look at the baggies in freefall it could be us.

Plus it's 7.30 and my feet are still bloody frozen.

We are in free fall and I say sack the Pratt now an uneducated chimp could do tactics and plan B better than Dim Bert, the man should be employed as a court jester or a spin doctor, can't fault the lads for effort is this Pratt for real, man up and kick this shower of sh1t in the b0llocks and tell them they are in fact as crap at their jobs as he is at his