PDA

View Full Version : January Transfers.

Woking88
01-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Interesting article from the Mirror:- - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wolves-striker-leigh-griffiths-shock-2976108?)

Woking88
01-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Wells is not that tall either:- - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nahki_Wells)

wolves71
01-01-2014, 08:25 AM
It could just be speculation and paper talk, but if this did happen, i'd be happy to see Wells at Wolves, he has a good all round game and knows where the net is. He has a good partnership with Hanson at Bradford. Griffiths at this moment in time isn't starting games and Wolves do need goals.

Wolfiebill
01-01-2014, 10:22 AM
This could go a long way to explaining why KJ is not picking Griffo (and sticking with Cassidy). Although I would be sorry to see Griffo go, if his heart is not with us and he is "homesick" for Scotland, then its best for all concenred that he move on PROVIDED KJ gets to use the transfer money buying another proven striker.

greystone16
01-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I thought we should have gone for Wells a season ago,a goal scoring frontman who seems to operate wide and float in around the box.If he went I think he would go to a more northern club.

Evewolf65
05-01-2014, 05:48 PM
In regards to Gav's heads up about Jamie Paterson in a possible swap type deal with Sako, I personally would be interested!!

wolves71
05-01-2014, 05:51 PM
In regards to Gav's heads up about Jamie Paterson in a possible swap type deal with Sako, I personally would be interested!!

At the time when Forest were sniffing about, Paterson was linked with us, Wolves asked for him on loan, but were told no deal. I can't see Forest letting him go, or still wanting to take Sako, but stranger things have happened. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24214574)

grabut
05-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Point is we are Wolverhampton Wanderers , we should only sell when we want to. Any owner should be proud and looking forward not looking to make a few quid

grabut
05-01-2014, 07:01 PM
In my opinion we would be 6 points better off if we had played our strongest side, but no we have to experiment to see if we can sell.

wolves71
06-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Two stories of note today, could be speculation yet again. Carlos Edwards linked with a loan move from Ipswich and Bjorn Sigurdarson linked with a move on loan to Watford. Wolves have allegedly told Watford where to go. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/oyxlwsa)

Woking88
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Good to see that Chelsea's Patrick Bamford, who was such a thorn in our side with MK Dons has now gone on loan to Derby County! :)

derby123
07-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Very exited about Bamford, heard very good things, the red dogs are also fuming that he has come to us which makes the deal even sweeter.

Ive heard Jacobs has signed on a permo deal for you're lot. I think i speak on behalf of most derby county fans who would be very dissapointed to see him go, when he has played he has shown for derby alot of potential, clever player. I hope he gets a chance under mclaren, but im told he confirmed on his instagram page he would be leaving to sign for wolves on a long term deal, shortly before removing the statement probably at the request of the club ;)

good luck for the season! You rams!

wolves71
07-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I've only seen Bamford play once and you have signed on loan a very good player, very good in the way MK Dons play the game. He took his goal well against us, i wish we could have got him in.

Jacobs at the moment has been one of a few players that can come out of our poor run with any credit. I just hope if and when he does sign he cam maintain his good form.

Woking88
08-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Good to see that this one has completed without any problems:- - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/ogysoxn)

baggins
10-01-2014, 05:47 PM
looks like Nakki Wells going to Huddersfield Town :(

sky news down at ground and apparently a announcement is iminent :blue:

Evewolf65
10-01-2014, 05:49 PM

What a waste!! :blue:

wolves71
10-01-2014, 06:52 PM

At £1.3m bargain if that's what Huddersfield have paid for him.

baggins
10-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Being from Yorkshire most of my family follow the Terriers so If he's not coming to Wolves I suppose its good for the Terriers :/

Slightly worrying that we can't seem to tempt players wether to buy or loan like Nakki over Terriers :? I would I have thought we were the biggest prospect :/

Makes you wonder what is putting people off ? - view external link (http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/nahki-wells-huddersfield-town-expected-6496033?Although)

baggins
10-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Deal done :blue: - view external link (http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/nahki-wells-huddersfield-town-break-6497012?)

wolves71
10-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Being from Yorkshire most of my family follow the Terriers so If he's not coming to Wolves I suppose its good for the Terriers :/

Slightly worrying that we can't seem to tempt players wether to buy or loan like Nakki over Terriers :? I would I have thought we were the biggest prospect :/

Makes you wonder what is putting people off ?

I know over last few days when Wolves were linked, he's stated that he wanted to play at a higher level than the one Bradford and Wolves find themselves.

Ambition of the club and wages may play a part, also, how the likes of Thelwell and co try and "sell the club" to the player.

TundraWolf
10-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Unrelated to Wolves, Jermain Defoe has gone abroad, signing with Toronto FC from the MLS. He will be loaned back immediately to Spurs until March 1st when he will make his move to Toronto permanent. He will receive an initial salary of 68,000 GBP per week, possibly rising to 90,000 GBPs.

Toronto had a poor season in 2013, but are looking to move up with some serious signings over the winter. He will fly to Toronto this weekend to sign with the club, meet the Press and then fly right back. I wonder what he will think about the present Arctic deep-freeze hovering over the Toronto area. XD

PremierWolf
11-01-2014, 06:23 AM

What a waste!! :blue:[/quote]

would have been a decent signing:blue:

MichiganWolf
11-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Pete O'Rourke a??@SkySportsPeteO
Wolves closing in on the signing of Wigan forward Nouha Dicko. #WWFC #WAFC

Interesting. Apparently at the Mol today

MichiganWolf
11-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Unrelated to Wolves, Jermain Defoe has gone abroad, signing with Toronto FC from the MLS. He will be loaned back immediately to Spurs until March 1st when he will make his move to Toronto permanent. He will receive an initial salary of 68,000 GBP per week, possibly rising to 90,000 GBPs.

Toronto had a poor season in 2013, but are looking to move up with some serious signings over the winter. He will fly to Toronto this weekend to sign with the club, meet the Press and then fly right back. I wonder what he will think about the present Arctic deep-freeze hovering over the Toronto area. XD

They have signed Roma MF and US international Michael Bradley as well. Should see quite a turnaround next season

essexwolf
11-01-2014, 05:40 PM
[quote="MichiganWolf"]Pete O'Rourke a??@SkySportsPeteO

Interesting. Apparently at the Mol today[/quote##0

Kenny Jackett confirms interest .

Wolves @OfficialWolves
Kenny Jackett confirms to media that Nouha ****o has been at club for talks today.
Jan. 11, 2014

wolves71
11-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Pete O'Rourke a??@SkySportsPeteO

Interesting. Apparently at the Mol today

Rumoured to be available for A?300k, first heard about him being at the game as local radio station Radio WM mentioned it. he never got a chance for wolves last season but seeing him play as a striker for Rotherham against Wolves, he is a handful and scores goals, also plenty of pace to burn.

MichiganWolf
13-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Saw on another board and a couple sites (one French, the other looked like it could just be a rumours site) that we may get a loan from French winger Abdoul Camara of Ligue 1Sochaux (if you recognize the, that is where Boukhari is currently on loan, although he still isn't healthy).

He's a 23 year old winger and from highlights looked alright to me. Supposedly had dinner with Sako last night and I know Sako tweeted at him. TIFWIW

essexwolf
13-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Quite a few sites and E and S linking us with Callum Mcgregor from Celtic .
He has been on loan at Notts county this season.

Possible swap and cash with Griff.

JonDeWolf
13-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Happy to see Dicko on board. Gotta say I wasn't that impressed in his brief stay last season but to be fair I wasn't impressed with the other ten on the pitch either- we're a different beast now and his pace should be interesting.

The link with the Sochaux guy would seem strange if Sako really is on his way.

Harry Maguire would be a brilliant signing- if it's true I'd be very happy.

chedozie
13-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Don't bother with Mcgregor chaps he's crap...

MichiganWolf
13-01-2014, 06:46 PM

:D

How is he utilized at Notts? I see he has double digit goals and that is quite impressive as a MF. What formations and position is he typically used in?

wolves71
13-01-2014, 06:48 PM

He's having a good season so far, scored ten goals in the league and two in the the other cups, pretty good for a midfielder.

wolves71
13-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Saw on another board and a couple sites (one French, the other looked like it could just be a rumours site) that we may get a loan from French winger Abdoul Camara of Ligue 1Sochaux (if you recognize the, that is where Boukhari is currently on loan, although he still isn't healthy).

He's a 23 year old winger and from highlights looked alright to me. Supposedly had dinner with Sako last night and I know Sako tweeted at him. TIFWIW

Have to admit Mich, i've never heard of him and to be fair he's not a prolific forward.

It's been a crazy few days with the players linked to the club. - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdoul_Camara)

chedozie
13-01-2014, 07:14 PM
He's just a lazy goal poaching midfielder, leave him at Notts be the best thing for him, you don't need him...

essexwolf
14-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Interesting on Sky Sports

16:40
Leeds and Wigan are ready to rival Celtic for Wolves striker Leigh Griffiths, Sky sources understand. Wigan and Leeds are in the market for a new striker this month and Griffiths is thought to figure highly on their wanted list. Celtic have held a long-term interest in Griffiths with Neil Lennon thought to be an admirer of the former Hibernian man. Griffiths impressed on loan at Hibs last season picking up SFWA Footballer of the Year, SPL Player of the Year and SPFA Young Player of the Year last term and breaking into Gordon Strachan's plans in the Scotland set-up. Celtic assistant boss Garry Parker was spotted at Molineux last weekend against Preston to look at Griffiths as well as cast an eye over out of contract players Richard Stearman and Dave Edwards. Griffiths is Wolves' top scorer this season with 13 goals despite not being a regular starter in Kenny Jackett's first XI in recent months.

essexwolf
14-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Interesting on Sky Sports

16:40
Leeds and Wigan are ready to rival Celtic for Wolves striker Leigh Griffiths, Sky sources understand. Wigan and Leeds are in the market for a new striker this month and Griffiths is thought to figure highly on their wanted list. Celtic have held a long-term interest in Griffiths with Neil Lennon thought to be an admirer of the former Hibernian man. Griffiths impressed on loan at Hibs last season picking up SFWA Footballer of the Year, SPL Player of the Year and SPFA Young Player of the Year last term and breaking into Gordon Strachan's plans in the Scotland set-up. Celtic assistant boss Garry Parker was spotted at Molineux last weekend against Preston to look at Griffiths as well as cast an eye over out of contract players Richard Stearman and Dave Edwards. Griffiths is Wolves' top scorer this season with 13 goals despite not being a regular starter in Kenny Jackett's first XI in recent months.

I

Wolfiebill
18-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Sky transfer rumour:
"We are hearing reports that Wolves have made an enquiry for Leicester City forward Jeffrey Schlupp. Wolves boss Kenny Jackett is in the market for a striking reinforcements and he has lined up a move for Schlupp. Schlupp has been in and out of the Leicester side this season and he maybe be tempted to move on in search of regular first-team football."

MichiganWolf
19-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Second Leicester forward we've been linked to. The other is Martyn Waghorn, who has been on loan to Millwall this season. Obviously, with Philips coming in, they're going to fall down the pecking order so makes sense for Leicester to move one. Personally, I'd prefer Schlupp as he's younger. But neither really excite me.

Also saw someone post a link with Nick Proshwitz of Hully. He did well in Switzerland and Germany but never really made a mark with Hull. He's a big forward standing at 6'3". It would be great to to get a bigger forward to pair with Dicko, but they're hard to come by, at least quality ones anyway.

wolves71
19-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Sky transfer rumour:
"We are hearing reports that Wolves have made an enquiry for Leicester City forward Jeffrey Schlupp. Wolves boss Kenny Jackett is in the market for a striking reinforcements and he has lined up a move for Schlupp. Schlupp has been in and out of the Leicester side this season and he maybe be tempted to move on in search of regular first-team football."

Can also play at the back as well, versatile player.

JonDeWolf
19-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Really can't see Leicester wanting Schlupp to leave tbh, let alone the player wanting to leave a club currently sitting in pole position for a return to the top flight.

Proschwitz might be a good shout if he's willing to drop down- not really had many starting opportunities at Hull and with Jelavic and Long joining he's certainly looking surplus to requirements.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 05:08 PM
He's just a lazy goal poaching midfielder, leave him at Notts be the best thing for him, you don't need him...

You have him back on loan for the rest of the season. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25865809)

Woking88
24-01-2014, 05:13 PM
That news will provoke some interesting thoughts on what our remaining transfer targets may be!

Woking88
24-01-2014, 05:18 PM
There is a claim on Wolves Rumours that Sako is going to Montpellier for 3.5m and that we are after Tottenham's Alex Pritchard for 1m and Brentford's Clayton Donaldson for 1.75m. May not be so far-fetched after all.

Sorry Footymad doesn't seem to like pound signs! :/

wolves71
24-01-2014, 05:21 PM
There is a claim on Wolves Rumours that Sako is going to Montpellier for ?3.5m and that we are after Tottenham's Alex Pritchard for ?1m and Brentford's Clayton Donaldson for ?1.75m. May not be so far-fetched after all.

The Pritchard one has been doing the rounds for a few weeks and he was impressive for Swindon at Molineux. Donaldson is one we were linked with in the close season, caused Ricketts no end of problems in the fixture between the two sides.

With Sako, if that sort of money is on offer, Wolves have to take it seriously.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 05:27 PM
That news will provoke some interesting thoughts on what our remaining transfer targets may be!

Not sure if Wolves and Celtic were hoping to do some sort of deal with Griffiths heading to Parkhead and McGregor to Molineux. It appears now it was all speculation. I still wouldn't rule out Griffiths heading to Celtic if Wolves can replace him.

PremierWolf
25-01-2014, 01:08 AM

Not sure if Wolves and Celtic were hoping to do some sort of deal with Griffiths heading to Parkhead and McGregor to Molineux. It appears now it was all speculation. I still wouldn't rule out Griffiths heading to Celtic if Wolves can replace him.[/quote]

I think Griff will go in this window Gav.

wolves71
25-01-2014, 08:55 AM

Not sure if Wolves and Celtic were hoping to do some sort of deal with Griffiths heading to Parkhead and McGregor to Molineux. It appears now it was all speculation. I still wouldn't rule out Griffiths heading to Celtic if Wolves can replace him.[/quote]

I think Griff will go in this window Gav.[/quote]

Well the rumours aren't going away, i think if Wolves do get Leon Clarke in, Griffiths will move to Celtic. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/q2khsno)

JonDeWolf
25-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I honestly think Griff's departure has been lined up for weeks, hence him not starting. Of course KJ has to say 'he's in my plans'- he has to make the player saleable and someone who couldn't make a League 1 side isn't going to scream 'buy me' to a 'higher' outfit. Still not sure I want Clarke back but we'll see.

As usual I worry that if we receive last minute bids for the likes of Sako and Doyle, then we won't have time to find replacements. And if we can't spend the money on players, then Jez can put an extra order in at Ginsters.

jiltedjohn
26-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Leeds and Celtic after Griffiths
I think he'll be at Celtic this week.

wolves71
26-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Leeds and Celtic after Griffiths
I think he'll be at Celtic this week.

Even Aston Villa mentioned yesterday :O

I'm with you though, i still think he will end up at Celtic. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/q5nphyb)

Wolfiebill
27-01-2014, 04:31 PM
As stated on Sky Sports: (and I know he's "expensive", but I will be sorry to see him go - he may not score many goals, but he makes a lot and works very hard)

Middlesbrough are in advanced talks with Wolves over striker Kevin Doyle, Sky Sports understands. Wolves are open to the prospect of Doyle, who is their highest earner, leaving Molineux this month and Boro are favourites to land him. However, his former club Reading and Ipswich are among a number of other Championship clubs who are also keen.

Woking88
27-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Expect a big flurry of activity in the transfer market any time now as we near the end of the transfer window!