PDA

View Full Version : Rickie Lambert

dagenhamJohn
01-01-2014, 12:56 AM
is our main target according to various HP's

here's 1..

Sam Allardyce is being backed by owners David Sullivan and David Gold who are prepared to gamble a fortune on a hit man to keep them up
Rickie Lambert: Could the Saints striker be heading for East London? Rickie Lambert: Could the Saints striker be heading for East London?
PA

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is making a staggering £8million bid for Southampton’s England striker Rickie Lambert.

Allardyce is being backed by owners David Sullivan and David Gold who are prepared to gamble a fortune on a hit man to keep them up.

And the Hammers are confident of success as Lambert could be up for the move despite their lowly position.

Lambert, the fairy-tale success who made the Three Lions side from humble origins, needs to play regularly to keep his World Cup hopes alive.

Southampton cannot offer him any guarantees of that right now because of the competition for places at Mauricio Pochettino’s side.

Now the £8million offer may t

bazwillrun
01-01-2014, 08:51 AM
and if we can also get Rodriugez thrown in then we should be ok I reckon ! ;D

When I actually see any of the players we are linked to step out in the C & B then I'll believe it.

But if we get him i'd be fairly confident of staying up

Norfolkammer
01-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Can't see it myself. This guy is playing for a successful club and on the back of that is likely to represent England in the World Cup. On that basis why would he want to come to us?

hammerwell06
01-01-2014, 01:25 PM
I can't see him wanting to come here either, surely it's going to be him & Carroll battling it out for a World Cup Spot ?

He must know that Carroll is first choice over anyone we buy & he has more chance of getting picked from Southamptons bench than ours by Roy...

Also 8 mill for an out of favour sub at his age ?
I thought we had learnt our lesson with spending over the odds for a striker , unless of course we have a 20-30 Million transfer kitty this window... I would only offer 4 mill.B)

clemmo
02-01-2014, 01:54 PM
personally id rather sign Shane Long.

Defensively we could do worse than Lescott on loan with veiw to perminant in the summer.

There are players hungry for 1st team football, its world cup year so the gems are there its a case of weather or chairman can match their talk and if the players want to fit into BFS sytle?????

dagger
02-01-2014, 02:02 PM
shane long is a good shout and why not rhodes at blackburn as we already checked him out last year

WHU f uck the rest

hammerwell06
02-01-2014, 04:48 PM
shane long is a good shout and why not rhodes at blackburn as we already checked him out last year

WHU f uck the rest

Agreed on Jordan Rhodes , he would be ideal for us whilst being a cheaper option & freeing up more funds to get more players in to cover our injuries.

clemmo
02-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Long £2-3 million Rhodes £7-10M

you could even get Doyle to play with Long if desperate.

Lescott or Micah Richards on loan to sort out the central defense

leaving enough for the compensation to get rid of BFS and get a new manager

rednekst
02-01-2014, 05:18 PM
How optimistic are any of us really that we will sign any "known" in this window.

I'm not!

Whilst we have a manager who teaches only one way of playing the beautiful game, we have no chance of these 'wanted' players coming to us..

Their reputations are on the line when it comes to who they sign for.

dagenhamJohn
02-01-2014, 05:26 PM
no one of any top level refute will join us in our current predicament unless we were to chuck silly money about!

and we won't ..

will we? ;D

BlackDiamond
02-01-2014, 05:49 PM
no one of any top level refute will join us in our current predicament unless we were to chuck silly money about!

and we won't ..

will we? ;D

Actually DG, this manager has taken the "chucking silly money about" comcept, to a new art form

dagenhamJohn
02-01-2014, 05:54 PM

and we won't ..

will we? ;D

Actually DG, this manager has taken the "chucking silly money about" comcept, to a new art form[/quote]hello mate :)

btw who's DG? :D

take care now
john.

Norfolkammer
03-01-2014, 03:32 PM

WHU f uck the rest

Agreed on Jordan Rhodes , he would be ideal for us whilst being a cheaper option & freeing up more funds to get more players in to cover our injuries.[/quote]

And what funds are these exactly?

IronworksFC
03-01-2014, 04:12 PM

and we won't ..

will we? ;D

We got turned down by a 31 year old defender who hasn't played in the Everton first team in the league all season. There is no chance of anys coming in at all.

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 04:17 PM

and we won't ..

will we? ;D

We got turned down by a 31 year old defender who hasn't played in the Everton first team in the league all season. There is no chance of anys coming in at all.[/quote]you forgot the out of favour striker Jelavic also Everton,

sad thing is if we want to get out of this mess or dilemma we'll have to pay well over the odds and then some!

jan window was never a good time to buy but the problem we have is..

we must.

BlackDiamond
03-01-2014, 04:21 PM

and we won't ..

will we? ;D

Actually DG, this manager has taken the "chucking silly money about" comcept, to a new art form[/quote]hello mate :)

take care now
john.[/quote]

Apologies John, I ment to type DJ. I blame the site for this typo :D

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 04:24 PM

and we won't ..

will we? ;D

take care now
john.[/quote]

Apologies John, I ment to type DJ. I blame the site for this typo :D[/quote]indeed fella :)

no Gerards on this board per chance? ;D XD

dagenhamJohn
05-01-2014, 06:48 AM
from the Mirror..

West Ham will offer England striker Rickie Lambert a staggering ?65,000-a-week contract to tempt him away from Southampton, writes Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

The Hammers want the 31-year-old to save them from relegation and hope to agree a fee with Saints.

Lambert will be handed a deal worth twice what he is on to switch to the strugglers.

The deal is backed by Hammers owners David Sullivan and David Gold, who know they need a genuine No.9 to survive.

The club currently lie 19th in the Premier League with 15 points from 20 matches.

probably not true, but with our club who knows!

rednekst
05-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Waste of space imo.