PDA

View Full Version : Cairney

Howie5o
01-01-2014, 11:20 AM
...last game today on paper ..do you think GB will let Cairney play in his favoured position as a sending off present ..?? O:)

jordan12rhodes
02-01-2014, 05:00 PM
set to sign perm for £500,000 according to hull`s local paper..

Howie5o
02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
set to sign perm for £500,000 according to hull`s local paper..

yeah id heard the rumour ..fingers xd it all goes through ..sounds like the lad wants to come to Rovers and Rovers only ..

DanRrr
02-01-2014, 05:19 PM
fingers, toes and b0llocks crossed on this one! We're much better with him.

Howie5o
02-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Cairney and Gestede both signed up on permanent deals ..official..great news :D

DanRrr
02-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Just looked on the Rovers site. Excellent news.

I guess W@anky's have thought 'phuck it, we're gonna get hammered on FFP no matter what' XD

Howie5o
02-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Cairney interview ..good lad .. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0yN7ISAvSw)

DanRrr
02-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Cairney interview ..good lad ..

Good lad indeed. Want's to wear the shirt!! Want's to do a job. Got his feet on the ground and a good head on his shoulders from that interview :star:

bigmoon
02-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Fantastic news about Cairney, he is an excellent young player. Not been able to seen Gestede yet, so I will have to reserve my judgement.

We certainly have two of the better young midfielders in Cairney and Evans. Good to see the Venky's are still backing Bowyer. However, does this money being spent mean that we will be moving out a few in January.

champs95
02-01-2014, 07:01 PM

I guess W@anky's have thought 'phuck it, we're gonna get hammered on FFP no matter what' XD

Let's see how much we get for Rhodes yet, and how that's invested in another striker (looking more & more like Wels) Hudds Town are totally reliant on Vaughan being sold before they will move for Wells. We will be offering higher wages either way.

accyrover
02-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Cairney's a great signing :star: exactly the caliber of player needed if we're going to do out in this division. Juries still out on Gestede, but must say he rose well for his goal against Leeds.

I'm starting to think keeping Rhodes will be a minor miracle. And if he goes I really don't know who's going to provide the goals. But hey ho, there's a month left and out could happen.

kennyK
02-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Wonderful player - my player of the season so far - an absolute snip

DanRrr
02-01-2014, 08:51 PM

Let's see how much we get for Rhodes yet, and how that's invested in another striker (looking more & more like Wels) Hudds Town are totally reliant on Vaughan being sold before they will move for Wells. We will be offering higher wages either way.[/quote]

Two things here that don't mean much to me right now Champs.

1. Finance, it will take many years to clear the backlog from the SEM period, so whatever is got for Rhodes isn't that important, (if he's sold).

2. IF, (and that's a big if), Rhodes is sold, it may do more good than harm. He's a great finisher, no doubt about it. But that is it. There is nothing else to his game. Watching every home game, and a couple away this season and last, I'd be very happy to see other players try and take resp

jordan12rhodes
02-01-2014, 08:57 PM
i`m of a belief that bowyer would prefer a more complete forward player in rhodes`s place, even if that player scored less goals personally. GB keeps talking up rhodes`s transfer value, and i can`t help but get the feeling he`s putting him in the shop window..

Howie5o
02-01-2014, 09:14 PM
i`m of a belief that bowyer would prefer a more complete forward player in rhodes`s place, even if that player scored less goals personally. GB keeps talking up rhodes`s transfer value, and i can`t help but get the feeling he`s putting him in the shop window..

i think Rhodes doing a good enough job of putting himself in the shop window ..big risk if GB is trying to palm him off in order to buy another striker with a more all round game..all goes wrong you know how fickle us fans are losing a 20-25 goals a season goal scorer means our Jason Lowes and Josh Kings had better find their shooting boots rather quickly ..

Stan_van_nel
02-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Most other businesses start laying folk off when they become millions in debt but some football clubs employ more people.

It's a funny old game.

haunted
02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Phuck me !
It stinks on here aswell :blue:
Is there nowhere safe from the smart@ssed bottom feeder ?

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 01:49 AM
Most other businesses start laying folk off when they become millions in debt but some football clubs employ more people.

It's a funny old game.

a whiff of jealousy there from a fan of a club with a board that never invests, no matter where they sit in the league..

Stan_van_nel
03-01-2014, 02:05 AM

It's a funny old game.

a whiff of jealousy there from a fan of a club with a board that never invests, no matter where they sit in the league..[/quote]

You're not quite familiar with football or with Burnley FC dealings are you?

We must have won the best right back in the division, top goalscorer and one of the best centre backs in a christmas cracker last year.

Well jealous me.

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 02:34 AM

It's a funny old game.

a whiff of jealousy there from a fan of a club with a board that never invests, no matter where they sit in the league..[/quote]

We must have won the best right back in the division, top goalscorer and one of the best centre backs in a christmas cracker last year.

[/quote]

i think mr kilby was still in charge when the majority of those were signed, weren`t he..?

and i think you`ll find the top scorer is mccormack of leeds, cup goals don`t count..

blue_bruce
03-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Why is everyone talking as if it is a 'minor miracle' if we keep Rhodes? Have I missed something here? I thought nobody had expressed any interest, other than one club (Palace was it?) who said they couldn't afford him.

He isn't kicking up a fuss about leaving either, says he is happy to stay.

Stan_van_nel
03-01-2014, 03:31 PM
'i think mr kilby was still in charge when the majority of those were signed, weren`t he..?'

Well if you meant chairman why did you put board?

Only one new face on the board since Kilby was Chairman.

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Why is everyone talking as if it is a 'minor miracle' if we keep Rhodes? Have I missed something here? I thought nobody had expressed any interest, other than one club (Palace was it?) who said they couldn't afford him.

i think we`ve learnt enough at rovers over the years, not to take as read `i`m happy at the club` statements..

personally, i think if wigan had got the money earlier last summer, he may have already been gone, with a replacement brought in by bowyer.

i stand by my feeling, that bowyer is not satisfied with rhodes as his front man and would replace him with more of an all rounder if possible.

Howie5o
03-01-2014, 05:37 PM

i think we`ve learnt enough at rovers over the years, not to take as read `i`m happy at the club` statements..

personally, i think if wigan had got the money earlier last summer, he may have already been gone, with a replacement brought in by bowyer.

i stand by my feeling, that bowyer is not satisfied with rhodes as his front man and would replace him with more of an all rounder if possible.[/quote]

And who do you suggest as a replacement who is more of an all rounder ?.

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 05:39 PM

i stand by my feeling, that bowyer is not satisfied with rhodes as his front man and would replace him with more of an all rounder if possible.[/quote]

And who do you suggest as a replacement who is more of an all rounder ?.[/quote]

nahki wells, and maybe the wheels are already in motion for it

blue_bruce
04-01-2014, 04:07 AM

[/quote]

I never said Rhodes definitely won't leave. But there's a big leap from the possibility of him leaving to it being a 'minor miracle' if we keep him. I can't see any way in which it is a minor miracle if we keep him, since there is no mooted interest, we are meant to be asking a lot for him, and he has said he is happy here.

And no I'm not some naive tool who believes a player saying they are happy means they won't leave. But it usually means they're not going to throw

needle
04-01-2014, 06:25 AM
What has Bowyer done or said , for anyone to suggest that Bowyer is looking to ship out Rhodes and bring in a more "all round striker" ?????????????

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 06:45 AM
[quote="needle" ?????????????[/quote]

well i certainly havnt seen any sign that Bowyer is trying to unload Rhodes for a more All rounder

And to be honest with how many goals
Rhodes has scored and keeps scoring (more goals than suarez in a calendar year ?) it could be complete managerial suicide ..

As for a crazy bid money wise for Rhodes coming in thats different ..the club being in the position they re in but there again ..do you sell a striker with 16 goals at the half way point knowing the club really has to get out of this league as soon as possible and replace him with someone untried at this level ?

Wells looks a decent talent ..off what bit ive seen of him ..seems to work well with that Hanson guy ..Would Wells work with Rhodes rather than replacing him ?

needle
04-01-2014, 08:48 AM
I honestly dont see anyone taking Rhodes . No one will pay the asking price . Anyone who has watched him will know he is a goal scorer and not much else . Although I do think he has improved as a player this season , still scoring goals and his hold up play and work rate has improved .
If we were to get promoted and he is still scoring , then , he will be gone .
I would think the club would be looking for a minimum of 12 million for him and I dont see that happening !

AucklandRover
04-01-2014, 09:12 AM
I honestly dont see anyone taking Rhodes . No one will pay the asking price . Anyone who has watched him will know he is a goal scorer and not much else . Although I do think he has improved as a player this season , still scoring goals and his hold up play and work rate has improved .
I would think the club would be looking for a minimum of 12 million for him and I dont see that happening !

I wouldn't totally discount it, though, Needle. You know what can happen: a PL manager near the relegation-places whose other or previous offers have been rejected, (but who is backed by a rich owner), can get desperate on the last day of the window and start flinging silly money about.
If a club with an asset like Rhodes keeps its nerve and brushes off all approaches until the final countdown, windfalls can appear!
I wouldn't favour this, but I don't think we would pl

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 09:20 AM

I wouldn't totally discount it, though, Needle. You know what can happen: a PL manager near the relegation-places whose other or previous offers have been rejected, (but who is backed by a rich owner), can get desperate on the last day of the window and start flinging silly money about.
If a club with an asset like Rhodes keeps its nerve and brushes off all approaches until the final countdown, windfalls can appear!
I

bigmoon
04-01-2014, 10:50 AM
[quote="needle" ?????????????[/quote]

Bowyer ain't said nowt, this has all come from the fragile mind of Saxo... I rest my case your honour. ;D

needle
04-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I agree Aucks , if the right offer comes in he will go . I`m just saying I dont see anyone coming up with that offer !