PDA

View Full Version : SKY subscription

sergei
01-01-2014, 12:35 PM
I notice that both Corky and Midhurst have both done as I have and cancelled SKY. I have to agree that I don't miss it plus pennies in my pocket.
Anyone else?

BlueAdder
01-01-2014, 01:47 PM
I cancelled SKY Sports as my little protest at the way they have messed up football, imo.
I still have normal Sky TV and Sky for phone and broadband.
My daughter says good things about BT deals and reckons the new free BT Sport is very good.
I have been thinking about a switch.
Anyone got anything to report?

tamarblue
01-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I have never subscribed but if Pompey are on I'll either find a link or go to a mates house who has sky.
I get a bit p*ssed of with BT saying that their sport package is free. It's only free if you subscribe to superfast broadband and get a new box. I only got a new you view box last year and according to BT this box can't show BT sport, but I could buy a new box to show it or get a free box if I subscribe to superfast broadband and although I'll get free sport it'll cost me an extra £15 / month.
What a load of spin.

sergei
01-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Adders - I've now got BT Sport, Broadband and landline. Under half the price of SKY. Someone I know works for SKY and they are getting concerned that BT will have the rights to a lot of sports, including English Footie, in the very near future.
A lot of it at the moment is continental stuff but I'm quite enjoying it.
Broadband is great.

I also agree that SKY have a lot to answer for regarding footie in the UK.

Corkhead
01-01-2014, 02:34 PM
BT Sport is OK Bladds if you don’t want wall-to-wall football. They show approximately one Prem game a week plus lower league games which is enough for me. This afternoon, for instance I am sitting down to watch Scum Chelsea which you would love given your allegiances. :D

Tamar is right, there are a few provisos with getting BT Sport including having BT Broadband but as I already had that for my business it was a no-brainer. There is a Catch-up facility on the box plus a record facility which I didn’t have on my ancient Sky box. All in all I manage with these facilities to fill up my tv watching time without getting fleeced by Murdoch and watching (or avoiding) 20 mins of ads per hours broadcasting.

Sergei - good luck in your Sky-free world. As Tamar says you can get Pompey matches that are on Sky via the web.