chiblu
01-01-2014, 05:19 PM
As ever we can't defend to the end,:blue:

AndoverPFC
01-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Same old story.

Jim
01-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Not quite the same old story, but luck was well and truly against us today.

Pompey dominated the first half and Southend were indebted to their keeper for keeping the score just down to one and we had a strong penalty claim turned down. They then score via a flukey deflection right at the end of the half.

The second half was more even but Agyemang set up two great chances to score that were squandered and Jed hit the crossbar yet again. Then their player decides to take a punt in stoppage time and luckily for him the ball flies into the bottom corner, probably aided by the wind.

Overall it was a very encouraging performance and the players, even those who have come under constant criticism this season, could not be faulted.

We deserved more but so long as this level of performance continues we should do just fine.

bigspoons
01-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Well worded, Jim. I also thought we played well and their first goal took a big deflection. My son and I had perfect view of the second and saw the wind bend the thing. The important point is that Pompey played really well and, even to my 'biased' mind, deserved to win. Such a horrible feeling to have lost game in injury time. Despite that, the signs of recovery are there and, if they play like that again on Saturday, victory is assured !!

Corkhead
02-01-2014, 08:51 AM
If RB could do one thing for me before departing for pastures new, whenever that may be, it would be to stop us conceding in injury time. The points we have lost in those last 5 minutes over recent years does not bear thinking about.