PDA

View Full Version : Only ourselves to blame

paula_hurst
01-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Enough chances in the first half to win at a canter, they were all over the place. Stupid foul by Morgan, another missed penalty, the list goes on.
Certainly, the ref was 'interesting' today, but that's not why we lost.
A great 2013, must do better in 2014...

bradthemiller
01-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Our managers half time team talk must have been a belter.
ONE meaningful second half attack.
Why did he send the players out for the second half to hang onto a one goal lead?
We're not good enough to hang on to such a narrow lead.
TACTICAL STUPIDITY

deMiller
01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
A game that sums us up.
Dominate but cant put the ball in the back of the net then end up making mistakes and can not see a game out at all.
Get given a game changer on a plate and we dont take it.

Going to be Mills and Arnason at the back for two games now. God save us.

niamh999
01-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Why did milsom get subbed him and frecks bossed midfield first half

great_fire
01-01-2014, 06:08 PM
All our centre backs are too slow and can't deal with pace, Arnason is too casual, gets outpaced and out-muscled plus his passing is not good either, despite that supposedly being his strength, Collin does too much flapping at the ball and now seems to have turned into Bruce Grobbelar and keeps coming out despite not having a clue what to do when he does come out, and Revell wouldn't score if we played for 90 hours never mind 90 minutes.

Mattthemiller157
01-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Ref had nothing to do with it.

We should have been out of site at half time and they came out flying second half. The foul for the red was a foul and a red but outside the box from my angle level with the box. The linesman gave it, not the ref. The ref gave a free-kick initially.

We were shocking second half, and Arnason, Milsom, Mills, Vuckic were all very poor in that half.

The pen for us i didn't see what happened, but for the second game running we blew it. For me, it was a chance for Agard to redeem himself.

Their keeper won them the game, not just from the penalty save, but for his save throughout the first half. He kept them in it, and then won it for them.

Why are our home performances so below the standard that we should be? Only 3 wins at home, not good enough, simply not good enough.

No other excuses this time, except we were p!ss poor second half!

bradthemiller
01-01-2014, 06:12 PM
what he said, sometimes Evans comes across as a tactical idiot

northy69
01-01-2014, 06:30 PM

Quite clear to us in WS3 he was struggling to run.

jolly_roger
01-01-2014, 06:44 PM
what he said, sometimes Evans comes across as a tactical idiot

But without the tactical bit.

ExeterMiller
01-01-2014, 07:45 PM
I thought we showed our quality in the first half. We were inventive, and crafted plenty of opportunities, but for an awesome save and a glaring Agard miss against the keepers legs, Frecks flick up and volley being saved we should have been ahead before we scored a very clever goal. And all that was after their left winger nearly scored goal of the season against us in the 1st minute!

The second half just turned out to be one nightmare after another. We didn't play for the first 15 minutes, couldn't get out of own half and the Milsom / O'Connor change was to try and take charge again. We had a warning before the goal when their winger got the wrong side of Skarz and we got away with it. When their striker got the wrong side of Morgan and through on goal it had all been coming. But Morgan made a terrible decision to bring him down, when he should have left him to go to Colin and yes he probably would have scored but least we'd still have 11 men on the pitch. Colin nearly kept th

millertop
01-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Played well in first but as usually came out in 2nd not wanting it.

Arnie peed me right off today, he needs a rocket up his behind.

It will do Morgan some good being sent off ( it was only a matter of time) ,I've said he hasn't been his best in the last 4 out of 5 games.

No it was not a penalty, outside the box.

Thought the ref wasn't too bad.

SE said O'Connor will never take a pen again (has he fell out with him now) but when Agard missed a pen it was a different story, I'm I missing something?

millertop
01-01-2014, 09:07 PM

Quite clear to us in WS3 he was struggling to run.[/quote]

Thought Milsom wasn't too bad apart from over hitting the ball

NYSRich
02-01-2014, 09:37 AM
I thought we showed our quality in the first half. We were inventive, and crafted plenty of opportunities, but for an awesome save and a glaring Agard miss against the keepers legs,

That was Tavernier. To be fair, it all seemed to happen in slow motion; he had too much time to think about it.

millavanilla
02-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Played well in first but as usually came out in 2nd not wanting it.

Arnie peed me right off today, he needs a rocket up his behind.

It will do Morgan some good being sent off ( it was only a matter of time) ,I've said he hasn't been his best in the last 4 out of 5 games.

No it was not a penalty, outside the box.

Thought the ref wasn't too bad.

SE said O'Connor will never take a pen again (has he fell out with him now) but when Agard missed a pen it was a different story, I'm I missing something?

And also, if im allowed to say it, nardiello would have scored it...mind you, if he was here, hed probably be on the bench...

Heman
02-01-2014, 10:10 AM
My thoughts:

In extremely awkward conditions I thought the ref had a very good first half, allowing for slips and allowed to let the game flow. In the second half he was more picky but I think he got both penalty claims right and the sending off was obvious. The fact that he was outside the box was down to the linesman being poor. I don't think the ref favoured any team.

First half it could have been 7 - 0 but it wasn't. Second half, well I just think Coventry were hungrier for the points. They certainly deserved a point and probably deserved all 3.

I don't know why everyone is having a dig at Arnie, he anticipated quite a few passes and made some good headers and interceptions. He had a few bad passes but who didn't?

Morgan would have been better leaving the last man to have a shot on the keeper. He may have saved it - you never know.

Before he subbed Milsom it was obvious that a sub was needed, personally I thought Vuckic for O'Connor to shore up
the midfield, which was getting

uttis
02-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Don't know why O Connor is getting so much stick for missing the penalty, from where I was sat in North Stand he hammered it nine times out of ten its a goal, the keepers made a great save, its not like he's just strolled up to the ball and chipped it, bit much if true what Evans has said about not taking another penalty

ExeterMiller
02-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Did you not watch what the goalkeeper was doing before O'Connor took it? - their keeper was using mind games and his body to make O'Connor think he was going to dive the other way (I know because I've done it in 5 a side & saved a lot than been scored). Their keeper was only going to go one direction, and O'Connor fell for it hook, line and sinker. A player of his quality / experience should not let a goalkeeper control that situation

Heman
02-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Nah mate, the striker chooses the side, not the goalie. The goalie just guesses - and perhaps tries to influence the direction. In reality a decent penalty and well saved.