PDA

View Full Version : Todays game vs Wigan

StensonRam
01-01-2014, 05:46 PM
In a funny way todays loss may well show up some of our weaknesses just in time for the January window, ok we could of and should of won it near the end with 3 or 4 chances that were harder to miss than score but sometimes thats how it goes. My concern is that when we come accross a team that doesn't let us play our passing game we look lost and any chance we get in the box like tday 1-0 down we get excited, rush and we panic

Wigan seemed to be happy playing for a draw but once they scored parked the bus or so it seemed on the radio.

Shame to lose especially since Burnley, Leicester and QPR won, even notts forrest managed to win but 4th is still good and a strong position to crack on from, lets hope we get some quality in January

EDIT, didn't realise forrest drew XD , serves me right for storming off in a huff before results were in, oh well every cloud and all that ;D

Toggles
01-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Today went as I expected, and have thought this type of game has been due since Blackpool.

I'd of liked a change of shape really early on today. Wigan obv came to do a job on us, and it seemed pretty clear after 20-25 mins that it was working.

Soon as Sammon came on and we changed to a more 4-4-2 shape, we were more of a threat.

Easy to say with hindsight, but I've wanted us to change shape before we got found out, be pro-active and keep the opposition managers guessing. Maybe in Jan window we will add players to give us options to do this SMc feel we lack at the minute?

How we bounce back now, is the issue. Very bad time to be playing Leicester and Burnley though. Think next 9 games will let us know where we are in terms of being real automatic contenders.

sheeeeeeeeeep
02-01-2014, 01:21 AM
The wind didn't help, but we played ****e today. People saying Wigan did a job? I thought Wigan were pathetic! They time wasted and fouled all the way through the game. Our players didn't move or get into space, if they had played half decent we would have murdered Wigan, they were ****!

I hope we never get Rosler as a manager. That was the most boring pathetic sack of crap I have ever seen.

bigmattvdcfc
02-01-2014, 02:57 AM
They might have been crap and pathetic, but they still beat us, 3 points to them.

We were to predictable, this result has been coming for a few games, we haven't exactly been playing well lately, and have been hanging on towards the end of the last couple of matches.

We played a team that played to their strengths and cancelled ours out, as in the last couple of matches, we should have changed the formation sooner, we are becoming 1 dimensional, plan A and that's it.

Rattea
02-01-2014, 06:40 AM
The wind didn't help, but we played ****e today. People saying Wigan did a job? I thought Wigan were pathetic! They time wasted and fouled all the way through the game. Our players didn't move or get into space, if they had played half decent we would have murdered Wigan, they were ****!

I hope we never get Rosler as a manager. That was the most boring pathetic sack of crap I have ever seen.

I told you we rode our luck at Barnsley an you wouldn't have it. Even tho player and management said as much too! And today we got the other end of that. Even at three nil up at their place they were unlucky not to get something out of us so this was always going to be a tough one.

Add to that these are the games that I have been talking about against stronger opposition. It's ok to get over excited at beating your Doncasters, Barnsleys and Bournemouths but it's these teams and the likes of QPR, Burnley etc you need to beat to show any

Toggles
02-01-2014, 08:56 AM

I told you we rode our luck at Barnsley an you wouldn't have it. Even tho player and management said as much too! And today we got the other end of that. Even at three nil up at their place they were unlucky not to get something out of us so this was always going to be a tough one.

Add to that these are the games that I have been talking about against stronger opposition. It's ok to get over excited at beating your Doncasters, Barnsleys and Bournemouths but it's these teams and the likes of Q

ellafella
02-01-2014, 10:05 AM
In a funny way todays loss may well show up some of our weaknesses just in time for the January window, ok we could of and should of won it near the end with 3 or 4 chances that were harder to miss than score but sometimes thats how it goes. My concern is that when we come accross a team that doesn't let us play our passing game we look lost and any chance we get in the box like tday 1-0 down we get excited, rush and we panic

Wigan seemed to be happy playing for a draw but once they scored parked the bus or so it seemed on the radio.

Shame to lose especially since Burnley, Leicester and QPR won, even notts forrest managed to win but 4th is still good and a strong position to crack on from, lets hope we get some quality in January

EDIT, didn't realise forrest drew XD , serves me right for storming off in a huff before results were in, oh well every cloud and all that ;D

I agree that today's result was coming. It was indeed obvi

sheeeeeeeeeep
02-01-2014, 10:16 AM

Add to that these are the games that I have been talking about against stronger opposition. It's ok to get over excited at beating your Doncasters, Barnsleys and Bournemouths but it's these teams and the likes of Q

Gift_of_the_Gabb
02-01-2014, 10:24 AM

Add to that these are the games that I have been talking about against stronger opposition. It's ok to get over excited at beating your Doncasters, Barnsleys and Bournem

dcfcdavecov
02-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Rattea
02-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Well if the three free headers and the one just outside the post in the first half alone didnt happen then I wasnt there ... unfortunately for you they did happen but you can live in cloud cukcoo land if you like and thing we will and should win every game. In your mind we probably won yesterday XD XD XD XD XD

I'm not going to praise rush as the running of the club has seriously deteriorated since his tunure started IMO and by yhe looks of posts on here and the increase on certain issues that opinion is shared!!!

And I have not stated an opinion on McClaren and co if you look. Helps to read what is posted somethines. however I have seen no foundation to prove there has yet been an improvement!

So you are saying wer are better off if everyone is a happy clapper and says what you want them to say than expressing an opinion based on sound information at the time. If you want otherwise you might want to go to China as they support your way of thinking on freedom of speach. :p

Gift_of_the_Gabb
02-01-2014, 01:35 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Well if the three free headers and the one just outside the post in the first half alone didnt happen then I wasnt there ... unfortunately for you they did happen but you can live in cloud cukcoo land if you like and thing we will and should win every game. In your mind we probably won yesterday XD XD XD XD XD

I'm not going to praise rush as the running of the club has seriously deteriorated since his tunure started IMO and by yhe looks of posts on here and the increase on certain issues that opinion is shared!!!

And I have not stated an opinion on McClaren and co if you look. Helps to read what is posted somethines. however I have seen no foundation to prove there has yet been an improvement!

So you are saying wer are better off if everyone is a happy clapper and says what you want them to say than expressing an opinion based on sound information at the time. If you want otherwise you might want to go to China as they support your way

Rattea
02-01-2014, 01:52 PM
[quote="Gift_of_the_Gabb"]Well if the three free headers and the one just outside the post in the first half alone didnt happen then I wasnt there ... unfortunately for you they did happen but you can live in cloud cukcoo land if you like and thing we will and should win every game. In your mind we probably won yesterday XD XD XD XD XD

So you are saying wer are better off if everyone is a happy clapper and says what you want them to say than expressing an opinion based on sound information at the time. If you want otherwise

roger_ramjet
02-01-2014, 02:51 PM
My New Year's Resolution is to ignore Ratposts so I will not rise to the bait. Unless it's Warfarin.

swaledale
02-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Whatever the rodent says its best ignored, how can you take anyone seriously who says FACT and COMEDY GOLD in virtually every quote and whose posts show a complete lack of intellectual depth!

Rattea
02-01-2014, 03:33 PM
FAILDale you have never come back with any argument just misdirection, denial of the facts, disinformation and outright lying.

You jump on any band wagon going and trip yourself up time and time again!

Now what I have been saying is starting to look like it has solid foundatuion and you've jumped the gun you want to not discuss and bury your head in the sand ...

Absolute COMEDY GOLD XD XD XD XD XDXD

Gift_of_the_Gabb
02-01-2014, 03:47 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Well if the three free headers and the one just outside the post in the first half alone didnt happen then I wasnt there ... unfortunately for you they did happen but you can live in cloud cukcoo land if you like and thing we will and should win every game. In your mind we probably won yesterday XD XD XD XD XD

So you are saying wer are better off if everyone is a happy clapper and says what you want them to say than expressing an opinion based on sound inf

StensonRam
02-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Rattea its all well and good waiting till we lose so you can come out and tell us all so but remember this...this is Cloughs team - your mate right, don't blame Maclaren its not his fault we weren't good enough, lets not forget that FACT hey rats, you can't have it both ways!!! ;)

Rattea
02-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Stenson ... check the FACTs ... and my post history I've been posting constantly!!!!

And I've not had it either way ... again if you check the FACTs ... Just some of my points appear to be coming to fruition not :p

roger_ramjet
02-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Absolutely rat, you have been right all along and I imagine always will be

StensonRam
02-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Stenson ... check the FACTs ... and my post history I've been posting constantly!!!!

And I've not had it either way ... again if you check the FACTs ... Just some of my points appear to be coming to fruition not :p

Yes you've been posting constantly while maclaren has been in charge but in all that time you've never had anything positive to say about our performances/wins etc etc instead telling everyone that this was cloughs team and he should take the credit NOT Maclaren, thing is your right and if i remember rightly no one actually disagreed with you, all i was pointing out was it works both ways, when we lose, just remember its cloughs team not Maclarens, like i said you can't have it both ways

If your slating the team then slate clough too, Maclaren is just picking up from where clough left it...blame Maclaren when its his team thats all i'm saying

boyceeeunderrated
02-01-2014, 07:56 PM
the ref just didn't fall for chris martin diving antics disgraceful cheat that player is... wait till we sign a good striker..im confident we can get in the top 2

triz
02-01-2014, 08:03 PM

So you are saying wer are better off if everyone is a happy clapper and says what you want them to say than expressing an opinion based on sound inf

Gift_of_the_Gabb
02-01-2014, 09:47 PM
[quote="triz"]Well if the three free headers and the one just outside the post in the first half alone didnt happen then I wasnt there ... unfortunately for you they did happen but you can live in cloud cukcoo land if you like and thing we will and should win every game. In your mind we probably won yesterday XD XD XD XD XD

So you are saying wer are better off if everyone is a happy clapper and says what you want them to say tha

swaledale
02-01-2014, 10:49 PM
FAILDale you have never come back with any argument just misdirection, denial of the facts, disinformation and outright lying.

You jump on any band wagon going and trip yourself up time and time again!

Now what I have been saying is starting to look like it has solid foundatuion and you've jumped the gun you want to not discuss and bury your head in the sand ...

Absolute COMEDY GOLD XD XD XD XD XDXD

I am of course put firmly in my place as the great and good rodent remisne me of his infinite wisdom.

As Spock didnt say its comedy gold but not as we know it!!

dcfcdavecov
03-01-2014, 10:00 AM

swaledale
03-01-2014, 10:36 AM
IF and its a very big IF I know, but imagine it if you will a certain poster was as knowlegeable and as intelligent as he (or she?) like to keep reminding us, then surely they would be above quoting the fatuous rubbish put out by the gutter press as FACTS?

Everyone is entitled to opinions but as most on here are aware, you do need some evidence if they are to be taken seriously!!