PDA

View Full Version : What's gone wrong?

BileysThere
01-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Back in September you were nailed on for the CL. :?
Now even the Europa looks a far away dream.
Happy new year by the way. :heart:

proclaimer
01-01-2014, 09:49 PM
8th to 10th was what I said at the start of the season and quite a few others also had realistic ambitions so I don't see the connection with CL etc. What's gone wrong? Well nothing really. We are about half way through the season and are 9th, even after a tough run of games with key people missing.

So long as confidence is maintained I'm looking forward to the second half of the season as much as I am to seeing the new players come into the team, whether through the transfer market or via our excellent academy.

How are you getting on with p1ssing L2?

Happy New Year also.

Dirtyweasel
02-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure what makes me happier. Saints, 9th in the premier league, playing with a largely English squad of young players, or po**ey, floundering in the murky depths of English football, months away from relegation, liquidation, or at best, both XD XD XD

I see nothing wrong there you charity thieving failed burger flipper.

saintwayne
02-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Simple, lack of squad depth.

Our first eleven when fit and on form are a match for anyone, but the number of injuries we have had lately has killed us. Anyway as Proc says above, top ten was the realistic target for most and we are still on course for that. Being around the top 4 was great but we all knew it wouldn't last.

K5054
02-01-2014, 12:15 PM
We were spoilt really by our great start to the season now we're having a poor run of results it shows but I said at the start of the season 8th would be a good position to finish so realistically we're not far off course as far as I'm concerned. I'm still disappointed by our recent form though but we'll get there.

CostaBaz
02-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Other than the injuries all coming at the same time, I'm not sure anything has gone wrong.
We're still playing good football.
Top teams, with the exception of Chelsea, are finding it very difficult to beat us, despite the injuries.
Most of the games we have lost, with the exception of Villa (freak result based on the game) we were expected to lose, according to the pundits.

I'm not going to get unduly worried until we start playing the teams below us. If the defeats then continue, then maybe something has gone wrong.
But from where I'm sat once we return to full strength, I can see the defence becoming miserly, again, and more points going on the board.

Brockley_Jack
02-01-2014, 04:55 PM
What's gone wrong? Simple answer - nothing. Another 4 more wins and I'd say we're safe.

Very poor fishing Biley, especially after losing in the last minute in your most recent game and scraping a draw at home to the bottom club! XD

kernow
02-01-2014, 06:30 PM
We've suffered with injuries to key players and the second choices are not good enough. That's true.

However the better opposition have figured out how to play against Saints' style of play and the good sides are well capable of nullifying our non too potent efforts in the final third.

Cardiff was a recent exception but well organised opponents make life difficult for us. The absence of any significant tactical changes to win games is very evident to this spectator.

whartons_a_god
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM
they have been found out ,plus they have a manager who cant speak english,it must me hard for the players

Pentridge
03-01-2014, 05:02 PM
He speaks perfect English in training.

ATAF.

Dirtyweasel
03-01-2014, 09:20 PM
plus they have a manager who cant speak english,it must me hard for the players

It's a good job our manager isn't black as well as that would give you the full house of insults to throw our way. Now run along, and take your copy of the Daily Mail with you.

proclaimer
03-01-2014, 09:25 PM
,plus they have a manager who cant speak english,it must me hard for the players

STL ... and this was 7 months ago.

The words you are looking for are EPIC FAIL. XD XD - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAieod4JpnY)