PDA

View Full Version : Andre Wisdom's form

tamworthram
01-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else concerned about Wisdom's current defensive form?

I remember thinking after the Doncaster game that everyone is allowed an off day but I thought he was poor (defensively) today and even against Barnsley he was found wanting.

I'm trying not to be too negative but I fear the game against Chelsea (assuming he will be playing) will show how far short of a premier league player he is still.

RockApeRam
01-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else concerned about Wisdom's current defensive form?

I remember thinking after the Doncaster game that everyone is allowed an off day but I thought he was poor (defensively) today and even against Barnsley he was found wanting.

I'm trying not to be too negative but I fear the game against Chelsea (assuming he will be playing) will show how far short of a premier league player he is still.

Are you serious?[!]128563;

SuperDerbySuperRams
01-01-2014, 11:55 PM

100% agree. I just have this feeling he thinks he's too big and good for this league

bigmattvdcfc
02-01-2014, 02:50 AM
Quite agree, sometimes I think he looks the real deal, but more often than not I'm not to sure.

Something about his play, does what he needs to, nothing more.

Rattea
02-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Quite agree, sometimes I think he looks the real deal, but more often than not I'm not to sure.

Something about his play, does what he needs to, nothing more.

I think it's an attitude think. You can see he wants to show off at times and some times over complicates it. Boarder line show boating?

RockApeRam
02-01-2014, 06:23 AM
I think your all a little tipsy from the new year still! Yeah a bit of a show boater or entertainer, but it's long in the memory since we've had genuine class in the team, and we have it in several players and not least Wisdom!

I for one am not complaining, he's run and cross at Barnsley was world class and his endeavour set up the sitter that Martin missed yesterday? He is genuinely effective in both penalty boxes!

Donny were the last team to score a goal from a cross from the left, he ain't doing too bad in my book!

Toggles
02-01-2014, 08:47 AM

Are you serious?[!]128563;[/quote]

I second that. WTF. Mind you, that Bryson character. Talk about off it. Can't remember him doing anything good this season!

Andre has barely put a foot wrong. Yes, maybe a little 'attitudy' at times, but I think most young PL players in his position are, and it's one of the reasons I'm not over keen (Keane!) on too many loans of this ilk. I keep harping on about squad morale, but once it's gone it's gone, and too much 'tude c

cheshireram123
02-01-2014, 05:43 PM
I think the criticism has been unfair. I'm struggling to think of a better RB in recent times and the fact that nobody mentions the loss of Brayford would support this.

Yes, he may be a little arrogant but couldn't you say the same of Stimac and he wasn't half bad was he.

Rattea
02-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Tyrone Myres was a better rightback. consistent and all round. just views are jaded as he saw Jewell for what he was and did what anyone of us would have and looked after his career.

Oh wait footballers arent allowed to do that are they ;)

tamworthram
02-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Seems like divided opinion over Wisdom.

Just to clarify, I do rate him, especially going forward, I just questioned his CURRENT form defensively.

minesahartington
03-01-2014, 03:12 PM
I think you`re right about the first half on Wed. If its the case that he wants to show off he has a perfect opportunity v Eden Hazard...

Rapid
03-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm shocked at what I've read on this thread. can anyone offer any examples of where he's been 'wanting defensively'?

he's been mustard for us.

as I've said several times on here including when we signed him, he is prone to the odd concentration lapse. I've not seen too many examples of that though.

rhino1980
03-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Is that the same Tyrone Myers that packed went to france without permission and never played again for us.

Very short memories some people good player but so arrogant it was unbelievable.

Wisdom does make the odd mistake but let's face it he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that.He's a young lad and I think he's doing fine for us.

tamworthram
03-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Sorry Rapid, are you contradicting yourself or do your previous comments relate the his form before he joined us?

First you ask for examples of his lapses (implying there aren't any), then you say that you have commented several times that he is prone to the odd lapse of concentration but you haven't seen too many examples (implying there have been some).

I repeat, I do rate him and he is obviously still learning his trade but I think his form (defensively) over the last three games has dipped a little. For example, I seem to recall that in the second half against Barnsley, most of their attacks came down their left and he seemed to be giving them way to much time and space.

tamworthram
03-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Correction. I meant the first half against Barnsley. Luckily, they weren't good enough to capitalise.

I'm sure he will soon be back to the outstanding player I saw before the Doncaster game.

Fletch_11
04-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Correction. I meant the first half against Barnsley. Luckily, they weren't good enough to capitalise.

I'm sure he will soon be back to the outstanding player I saw before the Doncaster game.

Thought 1st half against Barnsley there was a collective difficulty on the right in picking up Jim O'Brien who was playing a sort of 'in the hole' wide right position. It seemed that Russell and Wisdom were not quite sure who should mark him. If it was to be Wisdom it left a big gap behind him.

What no one has mentioned is that for the last two games it has been Russell wide right and he possibly doesn't track back in the same way that Ward does. Wisdom will maybe have to adapt his game depending on who is in front of him and the relationship they build over when he should push on and when to sit deeper. This will develop with games I'm sure.

ClougiesNoMoney
06-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Thought Andre and Jake were the men of the match against Chelsea. The game against Wigan there game plan stopped him playing in an attacking way at all.