PDA

View Full Version : Highlights are up

SMsW
02-01-2014, 12:08 AM
...of the Dundee Barca super youngsters pumping. :) - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXQYl5TKceg)

WestCoastDon
02-01-2014, 12:16 AM
bit too bbc'ish for me... waiting for red tv... hopefully they will have extended highlights

SMsW
02-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Do you reckon Red TV can make it look more of a pumping.

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2014, 12:30 AM
bit too bbc'ish for me... waiting for red tv... hopefully they will have extended highlights

I think the youtube stuff is better than the BBC.

The BBC don't even show all the highlights and they show one angle.
However...I may tune in tomorrow night ;D

We might see eastStandSh1te hingin fae the rafters XD

WestCoastDon
02-01-2014, 12:35 AM

The only foul shown was Flood's. If you look at the stats though, they had far more fouls and should have had a man sent off.

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2014, 12:38 AM

The only foul shown was Flood's. If you look at the stats though, they had far more fouls and should have had a man sent off.[/quote]

Aye, the fat no.6, the hammer thrower they signed from the First Division.

SMsW
02-01-2014, 12:44 AM
The winning goal against TSMSTID went down well. XD - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8KYVbO228)

The_JB
02-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Robson looked like he enjoyed that today.

Very pleasing result but Langfield looked lost again at the corner for their goal.

Red_Don
02-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Richard Gordon getting grief from some hurting joot on twitter, saying he's a fekkin disgrace, blah, blah, blah.
Anyway, this same joot reckons the pen should never have been given. Feck me, after watching the highlights and seeing how blatant a pen it was, I'm not sure what irks me more, how blinkered the chunt is or the yinited player's reaction - Russell Anderson got booked v Well for less.

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Richard Gordon getting grief from some hurting joot on twitter, saying he's a fekkin disgrace, blah, blah, blah.
Anyway, this same joot reckons the pen should never have been given. Feck me, after watching the highlights and seeing how blatant a pen it was, I'm not sure what irks me more, how blinkered the chunt is or the yinited player's reaction - Russell Anderson got booked v Well for less.

Apparently on Radio Scotland he was a touch sarcastic about their pre-match "display".
Maybe that's why the pikey is whingeing?
Maybe they should go and clipe to Vincent Lunny, that's their usual behaviour.

WestCoastDon
02-01-2014, 12:54 AM
The winning goal against TSMSTID went down well. XD

the 3rd second to the 10th second is brill.

thebeachend
02-01-2014, 02:59 AM
The winning goal against TSMSTID went down well. XD

the 3rd second to the 10th second is brill.[/quote]

Langfield yet again comes for a ball through a ruck of players and doesn't get there. Not good enough. Thats now Celtic, ICT and Utd where this has led to goals. Smarten up min. Its amazing because he is usually rooted to his ****ing line for crosses he should be collecting. Getting difficult to defend him. In any case bailed out by his team mates. Great result and Pawlett, Flood - special mention. Classy.

DesertDon
02-01-2014, 05:02 AM
I've been working in the deserts of Oman throughout Christmas & New Year, & these highlights have made a lonely Dons fan VERY happy.
COYR

donsdaft
02-01-2014, 07:03 AM
Looks like a great day.

Langfield is a crap keeper, shouldn't surprise anyone really.

ILikeJam
02-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Was listening to the game on the radio and Richard Gordon mair or less said this;

"It's a fantastic atmosphere in the ground with both sets of fans making a huge amount of noise. The United fans are making some sort of display... But it's not the most impressive to be honest. They're holding up bits of card but I can only assume a lot of them have been damaged by the rain... Although if you really squint your eyes you can just about make out that it says "DUFC"..."

He did seem to be enjoying the fact it was sh*te quite a bit.
I was pishin masel!

PitchMick2013
02-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Fantastic result yesterday :)

Looks like we hammered them based on those highlights.

We were fortunate that the officials didn't spot that Anderson was lying on top of their goalie when the 2nd goal went in XD

The only negative was Langfield. Yet again. We really need a new keeper.

WilliesTash
02-01-2014, 08:43 AM
@IlikeJam, aye I heard him saying that tae!! farkin hilarious !!

1903_Redz
02-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Was listening to the game on the radio and Richard Gordon mair or less said this;

"It's a fantastic atmosphere in the ground with both sets of fans making a huge amount of noise. The United fans are making some sort of display... But it's not the most impressive to be honest. They're holding up bits of card but I can only assume a lot of them have been damaged by the rain... Although if you really squint your eyes you can just about make out that it says "DUFC"..."

He did seem to be enjoying the fact it was sh*te quite a bit.
I was pishin masel!

I listened to it as well. It's little wonder he wasn't impressed by their 'display', check it out... XD XD XD - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgVomq8YXaI)

O_Kahn
02-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Wasn't Anderson offside for our winner? He's crouched over Czerniak on the goal-line when Pawlett headed in.

I'm glad it stood, and the United players didn't seem to protest, but he was surely interfering with play, or whatever the phrase is these days. - view external link (http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/3523590)

OleOle
02-01-2014, 10:11 AM
That was brilliant to watch, especially the video of the magnificent bounce at Pawlett's winner.

Robson was absolutely on fire with his celebrations. What a great example of leadership.

How the DABs can complain about the penalty award is totally beyond me. It was as blatant as you'll get. And the way Robson rumped it home was a joy to watch.

Flood should definitely have seen red for that tackle. A bullet was dodged there, thank phuck. And good that the ref didn't see Anderson copulating with the pikey goalie at the winner :D

As for Langfield at the pikey goal : deary, deary, deary, deary, deary phuckin me. Enough said :blue:

Magnificent result and brilliant vociferous dandy following again.

Tubilay
02-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Certainly there have been red cards for lessss, but Flood got a yellow card and by the letter of the law of merited nothing more. It was cynical, calculated and deliberate, but there was no recklessness, no prevention of an obvious goalscoring opportunity, nor was it a challenge with undue force.

It's a bit disappointing that we dont see Paton's foul. Maybe the BBC will get it in their edit.

PitchMick2013
02-01-2014, 01:57 PM
I think what the Flood and Anderson incidents, and possibly even the penalty, do prove is that we really need to stop with the Celtic-esque 'poor us' routine that often rears it's ugly head on this message board after a defeat.

Yes, the standard of refereeing is poor in Scotland, but the truth is everyone gets their fair share of poor decisions, except Celtic (and the dead club) of course.

I'm fed up of hearing how hard done by we were after a defeat, it makes us sound like victims. When we lose, it's best just to suck it up and move on, in my opinion.

deedon
02-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Anderson's momentum carries him into the keeper. Not his fault the boy couldn't get up quicker...

WestCoastDon
02-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Pitch - take 2 incidents.

Shauny sending off at Motherwell.

Flood yellow card at Tannadice.

Why did one deserve a sending off and the other a yellow card? Not having a go, just interested in your opinion.

PitchMick2013
02-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Pitch - take 2 incidents.

Shauny sending off at Motherwell.

Flood yellow card at Tannadice.

Why did one deserve a sending off and the other a yellow card? Not having a go, just interested in your opinion.

That's exactly my point - the refereeing is inconsistent, but it's the same for everyone.

I'm not saying Flood deserved to be sent off I'm just saying that on one day it could happen and on another it couldn't.

That points to sh1te refereeing but not bias.

Mason89
02-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Joes takle at Motherwell was dangerous. You could tell straight away it was a red.

Floods tackle yesterday was funny :)

Girniedon
02-01-2014, 02:22 PM
"It's a funny ol' game"!

When we win (and that normally means we play well, or at least better than the opposition) the referee's performance is usually good/acceptable.

But when we get beat (and miss ump**** gilt edged goal scoring opportunities - e.g. Hertz & Motherwell) the referee's performance is crap.

Can't put my finger on why that should be.

:? :?

;D ;D

ReDBeaM
02-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Floods booking was just stupid. No need so early in game. Thankfully he played well in rest of game and managed to avoid another yellow.

TheAngusBull
02-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Nothing in the Anderson on their keeper when the goal went in.

Just a momentum thing which neither player could do anything about.

If a foul was given for that sort of clash the foul count in games would increase dramatically.

milne_afc
02-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Floods booking was just stupid. No need so early in game. Thankfully he played well in rest of game and managed to avoid another yellow.

It was a great booking, by all accounts, PJM included, the OTP hid in his shell for the remainder of the game. Seen mentioned elsewhere, it shows the confidence our manager has in Flood by resisting any temptation to sub him off regardless of the early booking.

Great tackle. B)

Redbull
02-01-2014, 03:21 PM

If a foul was given for that sort of clash the foul count in games would increase dramatically.

I think Russell deserves a bit more credit than that. Whilst I agree that his momentum led to him being there in the first place he dithers a bit, purposefully obstructing the keeper though such is his experience he's done it in a way that looks innocuous hence why the ref hasn't blown up!

Well played Ando :) John Terry did something similar against portugal in a quarter final for England allowing Sol Campbell to score but it was ruled out.

ReDBeaM
02-01-2014, 03:25 PM

It was a great booking, by all accounts, PJM included, the OTP hid in his shell for the remainder of the game. Seen mentioned elsewhere, it shows the confidence our manager has in Flood by resisting any temptation to sub him off regardless of the early booking.

Great tackle. B)[/quote]

Confirms it , it was a stupid booking. B)

Paralysed_Sheep_83
02-01-2014, 03:26 PM
The stats don't lie.

Possession ~ 57% to us 43% to them

Shots ~ 12 to us 4 to them

Goals ~ 2 to us 1 to them

Barcelona utd my erse.

>:)

SMsW
02-01-2014, 03:36 PM
The Matalan Catalans.

TheAngusBull
02-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Beeb highlights now up.

Have to be honest and say I don't think Paton's elbow was a straight red. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25574336)

OhioRed
02-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Referees always have been, and always will be, inconsistent. Any situation looks different from different angles, so a lot depends on the position of the ref relative to the incident. Add to that the fact that despite all indications to the contrary, refs are in fact human. That means that what their eyes see gets interpreted by what, in some cases, passes for a brain. End result, different people see the same thing in completely different ways.

Add to that, possible bias. Lets be fair here. For anyone to want to become a ref they must have an interest in football. Logically that means they tend to be more in favour of some teams than they are of others. While they may try to suppress that, and in some cases that is debatable, it is probably not possible to be 100% unbiased in all games.

Also because they are human, they probably like some players and dislike others. So inconsistency is here to stay for a variety of reasons.

I can't really agree that when we win we usually tend to s

deedon
02-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Beeb highlights now up.

Have to be honest and say I don't think Paton's elbow was a straight red.

He'd already been booked, so a second yellow would have seen him sent off...

TheAngusBull
02-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Beeb highlights now up.

He'd already been booked, so a second yellow would have seen him sent off...[/quote]

Thought the yellow was for the elbow incident?

He could have easily gone for another yellow for the foul on Pawlett. Then again Flood was lucky not to be carded a second time for a foul after the equaliser.

Whisper this - not just because we won but is it maybe the case that Collum was okay yesterday on most of the big calls?

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Beeb highlights now up.

He'd already been booked, so a second yellow would have seen him sent off...[/quote]

Thought the yellow was for the elbow incident?

He could have easily gone for another yellow for the foul on Pawlett. Then again Flood was lucky not to be carded a second time for a foul after the equaliser.

Whisper this - not just because we won but is it maybe the case that Collum was okay yesterday on most of the big calls?[/quote]

The fat boy Paton should definitely have had 2 yellows. No doubt about it.
Collum bottled it, and probably what helped fat boy was that the play carried on and Aberdeen had the ball.
He should still have got a yellow when play stopped - you can tell Paton thought he was walking by his immediate reaction.
Flood's was a d

SMsW
02-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Does that no-mark Graham get an assist for the winner? :)

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Does that no-mark Graham get an assist for the winner? :)

Another First Division haddy signed by Jackie Guardiola
...along with Erskine & Paton, who looks like he wouldn't want to be trying to catch Pawlett in a match every week.

jackdon
02-01-2014, 06:21 PM
The lad Paton really should have been sent off.
McGinns shot in 2nd half ,was that nae a pen.in lead up to it.

Pawlett is unstoppable at the moment.

Next up Killie away.
C.o.y.r

Macaroni_Pie
02-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Nae sure I buy into this "referees in the SPL are inconsistent" statement...

They're pretty consistently shyte

PitchMick2013
02-01-2014, 06:36 PM
[quote="Macaroni_Pie" statement...

They're pretty consistently shyte[/quote]

Actually, that's a fair point.

The consistent shyteness affects all the clubs though.

afcreds81
02-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Spot on, absolutely nothing in that. Dundee Utd keeper was never ever getting back up in time to stop the header.

Macaroni_Pie
02-01-2014, 06:50 PM
@ Pitchmick: Indeed, but you wonder what the fk goes on in their heads. Last season/season before, we went for about a year without getting a pen awarded. I can't be arsed checking the stats but we seem to have had quite a lot in the following year (nae that I'm complaining) but you cannae be surprised that fans get the idea that these refs have an agenda.

Fans are obviously Partisan by nature - it's easier to blame the refs than the shortcomings of your team. To be honest, I'd rather that than the alternative of getting on certain players back and (for example) booing them as they're brought on as a sub, which is hardly going to help

Stav22
02-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Amazing truly amazing, The way we are playing just now is a joy to watch, Looking forward to going to the game v hibs next friday.

57vintage
12-03-2022, 06:53 PM
B*mp

RED_JOHN
12-03-2022, 07:02 PM
B*mp

We didn’t miss much from the time before your bump post. XD

wester_ross_don
14-03-2022, 08:11 PM
Secret time machine uncovered after accidental post on wrong mboard thread

XD