PDA

View Full Version : Strange,strange game yesterday

Townerslovechild
02-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Well,rollercoaster indeed !
For 43 minutes in first half,we were totally in control,I counted 5 saves from their keeper,plus other near misses,but...
We only scored one,my brother said to me that it was the most one-sidded half he`d seen in ages,but I also said that they must get better.
Cue second half,first 10 minutes sure enough they battered us,but didn`t score,the next 15 minutes were pretty even without us creating much,but in truth,City looked poor.
Step forward Mr Linesman...
Captain Morgan gets caught by a bit of pace,brings down man,defo foul,defo red card,BUT it was outside the area,which the ref seamed to agree with,as he didn`t point to the spot.But then for some reason he runs over to Lino,40 yards away,to get his opinion,he says,penalty...lovely.
Morgan goes off,they score penalty,1-1.
Evans makes change,brings off Milsom who had been playing well,on comes Mills to fill in at centre half.
Next 10 minutes is fairly tense,but it looks like a draw,fair enough,then with 5 mi

millavanilla
02-01-2014, 11:11 AM
[quote="Townerslovechild"]Well,rollercoaster indeed !
For 43 minutes in first half,we were totally in control,I counted 5 saves from their keeper,plus other near misses,but...
We only scored one,my brother said to me that it was the most one-sidded half he`d seen in ages,but I also said that they must get better.
Cue second half,first 10 minutes sure enough they battered us,but didn`t score,the next 15 minutes were pretty even without us creating much,but in truth,City looked poor.
Step forward Mr Linesman...
Captain Morgan gets caught by a bit of pace,brings down man,defo foul,defo red card,BUT it was outside the area,which the ref seamed to agree with,as he didn`t point to the spot.But then for some reason he runs over to Lino,40 yards away,to get his opinion,he says,penalty...lovely.
Morgan goes off,they score penalty,1-1.
Evans makes change,brings off Milsom who had been playing well,on comes Mills to fill in at centre half.
Next 10 minutes is fairly ten

Heman
02-01-2014, 11:16 AM
I was heavily hungover so could be wrong but I thought Milsom was replaced by O'Connor BEFORE the sending off.

Maybe I am wrong.

Corner
02-01-2014, 12:18 PM
I thought it was a cracking game yesterday with a bit of everything. Am I upset we lost - well yes, but in the scheme of things it's just another day. Entertainment value 10/10.

How many times have we led by a goal at half time, when it should have been half a dozen? I was sitting thinking to myself, one is never enough - then they scored, so probably my fault as much as anything for having those thoughts!!

Manager sent to stands, a penalty for each team - one incorrect & scored from, one correct & saved. Players stretchered off - hope they're ok and not a single booking - except Morgan's red. Oh & I thought the ref was overly generous, giving us every 50/50 decision; up until their penalty of course!

Also think Milsom was having a good game, and decided reason he was subbed (for O'Connor & yes, before the penalty, Heman)was probably because 2 or 3 times he clashed with Frecks as they both went for the same ball. Didn't think O'Connor contributed anything after he came on.

mikemiller
02-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Exciting game...but STUPID game!
Why didn't Frecklington take the penalty? I think that he was still on the pitch at that stage

C_Millers
02-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Our second half performance and attitude was inept forget the poor decision for the penalty.

We were under par against port vale and the same yesterday in the second half what worried me the most was how much confidence we seemed to lack, second half I felt like I was watching a side about to get relegated.

Also why are players arguing about taking penalties shouldn't the penalty taker be decided before we go out? It's Sunday morning stuff that and O Connor never looked confident.