PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Point Plan

only1salty
02-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Back when the owners took over this was their published pledge. The details are in the link but here is my critique to date

1. Appoint the right manager - FAIL. There is only 1 other manager who couldn't be less suited to West Ham and he is now managing Palace

2. Sign new players - FAIL. Sure you have signed new players but not in the right positions. We are the only club in the PL with 3 CB's in the squad. You had all summer to get a striker to support Carroll. You have had since Sept 1st through to Jan 1st to get in a striker who should have been through the door at 00:01 on New Years Day.

3. More investment in the Academy - HOLD
Can't comment as I do not have visibility of this. Interestingly the detail of this pledge refers to the 'West Ham Way". Something our current manager dismisses

4. Continue to clear the debt - PASS. Debt is indeed going down

5. Freeze season ticket prices for renewals - PASS. Although our previous owners pledged a 20% reduction for those of us who had 5

clemmo
02-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Spot the fu(k on.

Being picky I’d say Arsenal only have 3 centre backs in their squad!!

And investment in the academy is very different from promoting or playing the results of that investment, so arguably that could be a Pass with a caveat that Allerdyce is a dinosaur in footballing terms further strengthen the FAIL in item 1.

bonzosbest74
02-01-2014, 01:08 PM
I would love to hear their opinion of your appraisal Salty.

At the end of last season our wage bill was £51m and Downing's big wages plus Rat & Adrian have been added to that. . . . . . in short we pay top 10 wages so they have invested and the Olympic strategy appears to have worked.

However their relegation record as owners is apparelling and I think it's because their choice of managers is so poor, it's no coincidence that McLeish, Grant & Francis are all out of work.

avit
02-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I thought you had a plan on how to get ten points :(

bonzosbest74
02-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Sullivan took control of Brum in march 1993 following administration.

93-94 relegated to div 2

94-95 promoted as champs

95-96 15th div 1

96-97 10th

97-98 7th

98-99 4th

99-00 5th

00-01 5th

01-02 5th promoted to prem via playoffs

02-03 13th

03-04 10th

04-05 12th

05-06 18th relegated

06-07 2nd promoted to prem

07-08 19th relegated

08-09 2nd promoted to prem

09-10 sold club to Carson Yeung mid season.

West Ham

09-10 17th

10-11 20th relegated to champ

11-12 3rd promoted to prem

12-13 10th

13-14 . . . . not looking good is it?

Tone_Loc
02-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Sullivan took control of Brum in march 1993 following administration.

93-94 relegated to div 2

94-95 promoted as champs

95-96 15th div 1

96-97 10th

97-98 7th

98-99 4th

99-00 5th

00-01 5th

01-02 5th promoted to prem via playoffs

02-03 13th

03-04 10th

04-05 12th

05-06 18th relegated

06-07 2nd promoted to prem

07-08 19th relegated

08-09 2nd promoted to prem

09-10 sold club to Carson Yeung mid season.

West Ham

09-10 17th

10-11 20th relegated to champ

11-12 3rd promoted to prem

12-13 10th

13-14 . . . . not looking good is it?

I think that list illustrates a very obvious point that they seem to be OK in the lower Divs but look exposed and (quite literally) out of their league in the Premiership.

bazwillrun
02-01-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm amazed we have got 10 points !

NeLSon_manjaffa
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM
i've asked the same question now a few times and put my views across ... most are aware that i can't wait to see the back of them

anyway!

anyone STILL happy with our owners ?

hammeredhome
02-01-2014, 01:46 PM
i've asked the same question now a few times and put my views across ... most are aware that i can't wait to see the back of them

anyway!

I am.

NeLSon_manjaffa
02-01-2014, 01:48 PM

anyway!

I am.[/quote]

you would be wouldn't you XD

hope the new year brings good things mate

clemmo
02-01-2014, 01:49 PM
my issue isn't how the club is run, its how the team is managed! now the link is the chairman choose the manager and when to sack him... so as it stands my issue is not them its Sam, always has been

hammeredhome
02-01-2014, 01:51 PM

anyway!

I am.[/quote]

you would be wouldn't you XD

hope the new year brings good things mate[/quote]

And to you mate.

hammeredhome
02-01-2014, 01:52 PM
my issue isn't how the club is run, its how the team is managed! now the link is the chairman choose the manager and when to sack him... so as it stands my issue is not them its Sam, always has been

Agreed.

NeLSon_manjaffa
02-01-2014, 01:58 PM

i can see where you're coming from but i think they've failed in their bid to make this club as succsessful as they'd hoped so far and things could realistically get worse

manager appointments are solely down to them and surely ( forget all the " meddling owners " etc ) they should keep a check on what sort of quality and condition the goods are before allowing an obviously out of depth manager spend it

each to there own ... we all have different opinions and people look at thngs in a different light i suppose

bonzosbest74
02-01-2014, 02:02 PM
They are excellent businessmen and have done a good job with the finances, stadium and have backed the manager with big wages and a ?50m + transfer kitty.

However if any chairmen needed a director of football then it's these two.

BFS could also benefit from having a football man above him (although his ego wouldn't allow it), he has wasted that ?50m yet his cheap signings have been pretty good.

Get someone in to run every football related task at the club including scouting, managerial appointments and signings. If we did that and left the chairmen to the administration then I think they could be excellent owners.

hammeredhome
02-01-2014, 02:03 PM

i can see where you're coming from but i think they've failed in their bid to make this club as succsessful as they'd hoped so far and things could realistically get worse [/ quote]

Could also get better, out of interest, who do you think would come in and buy our club at the moment???

NeLSon_manjaffa
02-01-2014, 02:10 PM

i can see where you're coming from but i think they've failed in their bid to make this club as succsessful as they'd hoped so far and things could realistically get worse [/ quote]

Could also get better, out of interest, who do you think would come in and buy our club at the moment???[/quote]

good question hh , really not sure who but i'm pretty certain that somebody would come in with a reasonable offer ... especially now the os is a carrot

they're only interested in a the money imo ... of course that is first and foremost for any buisnessman but they've negleted other more important factor of what this club is and what it means a

SuperIrons
02-01-2014, 02:11 PM
'Could also get better, out of interest, who do you think would come in and buy our club at the moment???'

Don't ask.

I hear the Qataris and the Kuwaitis are on the lookout for a Premier League club to add to their rapidly increasing portfolios.

:O

NeLSon_manjaffa
02-01-2014, 02:12 PM
They are excellent businessmen and have done a good job with the finances, stadium and have backed the manager with big wages and a ?50m + transfer kitty.

BFS could also benefit from having a football man above him (although his ego wouldn't allow it), he has wasted that ?50m yet his cheap signings have been pretty good.

Get someone in to run every football related task at the club including scouting, managerial appointments and signings. If we did that and left the chairmen to the administration then I think they could be excellent owners.

think we all know that won't happen ... all three would never agree imo ... all fairly egotistical

goo point though bonzo

hammeredhome
02-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Don't ask.

I hear the Qataris and the Kuwaitis are on the lookout for a Premier League club to add to their rapidly increasing portfolios.

:O

Rumors from the Rug Shop Amer? XD XD

Hope you're well mate.

SuperIrons
02-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Yes mate, that's the buzz going around the bazaars! ;D

I am well thanks. Yourself?

only1salty
02-01-2014, 02:28 PM

Totally agree. Their track record in finance is great. Their managerial appointments include the following

Allardyce
Grant
McCleish
Bruce
Trevor Francis
Barry Fry

Not exactly a who's who of progressive thinking.

I stand by my criticisms of transfer policy. If I held the purse strings and my manager wanted to s

SuperIrons
02-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Downing has been a complete waste of money imo.

Has he lost his legs?

More importantly, how much dosh are we drip-feeding him for the privilege?

Eggerts_Ears
02-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Cannot see how anyone can honestly say BFS was a bad appointment. He was hired for the short term, to get us back up. That was done, ergo it was a fu(king good appointment.

Easy to say it's isn't now, nearly 3 years down the fu(king line ffs. XD

It may be time for him to go, but let's not re-write history.

Eggerts_Ears
02-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Amer, have you actually watched us this season?

At all?

Tone_Loc
02-01-2014, 02:44 PM

This has always been my take too Bonz.

They're obviously very handy at financing and the way they handled the O.S was very very good.

But... they are just 'hopeless' when it comes to making "footballing-based" decisions and, like you said...we are clueless and rudderless when it comes to appointing managers, sc

WHU
02-01-2014, 02:46 PM

Agreed.[/quote]

agreed

happy new year gents

however, waiting too long to sack this dinosaur will be wrong for 'the business' so they need to act and fu(king sharpish

all the good work can easily go to sh1t with relegation and a dinosaur still 'running' things

only1salty
02-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Cannot see how anyone can honestly say BFS was a bad appointment. He was hired for the short term, to get us back up. That was done, ergo it was a fu(king good appointment.

I am not re-writing anything. Never wanted him in the first place. Having been to almost every one of those games in the 3 years the football has been pants.

He sorted out the sh!t. He got us promoted (just with the highest wage bill in Div 2) and stabilised.

My issue is it should have been, "Mission accomplished, thanks for everything, goodbye."

No compo, happy fans, a summer to change the style back to something remotely less dark ages.

only1salty
02-01-2014, 02:56 PM

Has he lost his legs?

Sorry but he is by far our best player. Comfortable on the ball, quick compared to most, can cross the ball and half the price of Jarvis.

clemmo
02-01-2014, 03:01 PM

Has he lost his legs?

Sorry but he is by far our best player. Comfortable on the ball, quick compared to most, can cross the ball and half the price of Jarvis.[/quote]

Salty beat me to it, Downing is the one positive...that and the new bloke in central defensive midfield, he looks alright i wouldn't be suprised if he ends up playing for his country?????? but what do i know If Sam says Noble, Nolan, Taylor and Diame are all more capable of breaking up oppostion attackswho am i to question him.

Eggerts_Ears
02-01-2014, 03:03 PM

I am not re-writing anything. Never wanted him in the first place. Having been to almost every one of those games in the 3 years the football has been pants.

He sorted out the sh!t. He got us promoted (just with the highest wage bill in Div 2) and stabilised.

My issue is it should have been, "Mission accomplished, thanks for everything, goodbye."

No compo, happy fans, a summer to change the style back to something remotely less dark ages.[/quote]

Right, well, I actually agree, he should have gone with all our best wishes at the end of last season.

That wasn't what yo

Eggerts_Ears
02-01-2014, 03:06 PM

Has he lost his legs?

Sorry but he is by far our best player. Comfortable on the ball, quick compared to most, can cross the ball and half the price of Jarvis.[/quote]

Salty beat me to it, Downing is the one positive...that and the new bloke in central defensive midfield, he looks alright i wouldn't be suprised if he ends up playing for his country?????? but what do i know If Sam says Noble, Nolan, Taylor and Diame are all more capable of breaking up oppostion attackswho am i to question him.[/quote]

I beat you both to it!! >:( >:( XD

At times like watching a big kid playing with little kids. Maybe not the position we needed to sign in, but when he's played he's been our best player by a mile.

only1salty
02-01-2014, 03:07 PM
I do stand by the fact that I didn't want him. Never liked his style before and haven't since he became our manager.

I don't think he was a good fit for our club.

He did what he was tasked with but in my opinion not a great appointment. A safe one at the time.

SuperIrons
02-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Downing seems to have slowed down a couple of yards.

Was at the Fulham game yesterday and though he was only brought on in the 2nd half to replace our goalscorer, thought he didn't make the number of runs he is capable of making. He wasn't the only one mind you. Cole was feeding off scraps as a result.

clemmo
02-01-2014, 03:22 PM
his been out how long after an injury? your assessment of his season is based on yesterdays 15 minutes??

He has been the one creator in the side, his looks direct and even yesterday was the only one wanting the ball to his feet so he could try something not like Taylor and co who were happy to get rid.

I thought George, Diarra and Downing did ok yesterday. the rest played like it was new years day!!!!

SuperIrons
02-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Fair enough mate. He has come back from injury so time will tell if he has truly slowed down or not.

clemmo
02-01-2014, 03:35 PM
If your right i'll be sure to give you the thumbs up in time ;-)

Whiskyman
02-01-2014, 03:37 PM
4. Continue to clear the debt - PASS. Debt is indeed going down

Accordinbg to the last published balance sheet (up to May 2012) whilst it is true that short term debt reduced by ?4.5 million the longer term figure actually rose from ?52 million to ?80 million.

Some reduction that is.
;D

only1salty
02-01-2014, 03:45 PM
I was trying to be positive :O

BlackDiamond
02-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Bloody f.acking hell ! It has taken one week to bleedin logon and now I find, I have f.uck all to say...

Right, completely agree with the original poster. I have always been - and will continue to be - an anti-Samuel, type of guy.

Yes the fool got us promoted via the playoffs, BUT with that squad, we should have won the division. Yes Ears; I even belittle that smudge of a success.

Just checked the "usual suspects" twit feeds...and no "Had to let Sam go, in both our best interests..." tweets :blue:

Still, it's early in the day, and I'm hoping Karen CBE, will point and "Your fired"