PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of the D ?

MarkThomas
02-01-2014, 11:38 AM
The award of a penalty against us for a trip just outside the D led to the above question this morning. I did not know the answer.

Do some officials now think the D is part of the penalty area ?

Seriously though, what is the purpose of the D ?

tony260674
02-01-2014, 11:41 AM
The award of a penalty against us for a trip just outside the D led to the above question this morning. I did not know the answer.

Do some officials now think the D is part of the penalty area ?

Seriously though, what is the purpose of the D ?

It marks 10 yards from the penalty spot Mark.

MarkThomas
02-01-2014, 11:59 AM
cheers tony, Happy New Year !

tony260674
02-01-2014, 12:05 PM
And to you Mark!!
I sent you a message after I was made redundant, did you get it??

M0ZZA
02-01-2014, 03:29 PM
The D is an arc 10 yards from the penalty spot so when a pen is taken all players have to be outside the area and the D

NeztheMiller
02-01-2014, 04:51 PM
... and if that stupid referee had done his job right, then their penalty kick would have been re-taken seeing as the No9 Leon Clarke was already inside the "D" before the ball was kicked! >:(

http://i42.tinypic.com/2cz3t3p.jpg

kempo
02-01-2014, 05:17 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2cz3t3p.jpg[/IMG]

indeed he was...another great picture...why bother having any rules?

BradfordFozzie
02-01-2014, 05:58 PM
To be fair I don't think there is a penalty taken where players don't encroach the area. It's almost a given that it won't be punished and very rarely are they retaken.

Can't really blame Coventry for that one I'm afraid.

caytonmiller
02-01-2014, 06:21 PM
vuckic looks like hes breaking a leg to get in for the rebound

millertop
02-01-2014, 06:24 PM
To be fair I don't think there is a penalty taken where players don't encroach the area. It's almost a given that it won't be punished and very rarely are they retaken.

He is the only one in the D so surely one of the officials must see it so that's got to be cheating

millertop
02-01-2014, 06:24 PM

XD XD

CAMiller
02-01-2014, 06:36 PM

XD XD[/quote]

Funny observation but that picture just shows the impact of pitch level perspective as he's nowhere near the penalty area. On the highlights there are 3 Millers on the edge of the area on that side and Vuckic is not even in the picture,

BradfordFozzie
02-01-2014, 06:46 PM

He is the only one in the D so surely one of the officials must see it so that's got to be cheating[/quote]

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm saying it happens with EVERY penalty taken! You try and find one penalty on Youtute this season where a player doesn't encroach, you'll be very hard pressed to find one.

I haven't looked at the highlight but has anyone checked our penalty? I will put money in it that at least one of our and their players would have been in the box as O Connor kicked the ball.

CAMiller
02-01-2014, 06:58 PM

He is the only one in the D so surely one of the officials must see it so that's got to be cheating[/quote]

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm saying it happens with EVERY penalty taken! You try and find one penalty on Youtute this season where a player doesn't encroach, you'll be very hard pressed to find one.

I haven't looked at the highlight but has anyone checked our penalty? I will put money in it that at least one of our and their players would have been in the box as O Connor kicked the ball.[/quote]

I agree - it's not often you see these infringements called. With regards our penalty, the came

crashbang
02-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Another pain in the blox is when a player is waiting for a corner coming in , and some 2hat has his face in his , leaning on him.
Obstruction ref.

millertop
02-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Another pain in the blox is when a player is waiting for a corner coming in , and some 2hat has his face in his , leaning on him.
Obstruction ref.

I don't think I know any of the rules anymore, seem to just make their own up during games :/