PDA

View Full Version : Lionel Ainsworth

Hugepugeboznherbie
02-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Scored his fourth in four games for Motherwell yesterday,apparently tore the opposition apart,I know the Scottish Premiership is pretty poor and has a lot of failed English league players,but is it not worth bringing him back for a month just to give us the extra option of width,especially when teams are banging five across the middle at New York ?

deano_83
02-01-2014, 12:02 PM
That's why we signed Worrall, for some extra width and I'm surprised he didn't figure at some stage yesterday.

Ainsworth won't come back, like the others he's been told he has no part to play for us and he wants to move to Motherwell permanently.

CrackersATM
02-01-2014, 06:16 PM
I saw Ainsworth destroy us for 45 mins about 3 seasons ago when he was at Shrewsbury. Unfortunately he's never looked like replicating that form for us in one match let alone consistently. We are lucky that Motherwell are contributing to his wages as we run his contract down and I wouldn't do anything to risk that. Plus as Deano states when Worrall is fit he needs a run in the team. He has potential to be a cracking signing where as Ainsworth has had more clubs than Jack Nicholas for a reason.

UTM!