PDA

View Full Version : Gosport FC ...

lovedeanblue
02-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Are having no luck at all. First the roof of their clubhouse, The Inn Off The Post, was blown off by the gales on Xmas Eve. Then leading Basingstoke 1.0 on Saturday, the lights failed at half time leading the game to be abandoned. If that wasn't enough a vandal slashed the tarpaulin covering the clubhouse the night before the New Years Eve party in the club. Then finally the money spinning New Years Day game with The Hawks was called off with the Privett Park pitch underwater. Let's hope they get some relief from what has been an awful end to 2013.

Corkhead
02-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Could it have something to do with their proximity to PFC?

nonsuchmike
02-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Bad luck indeed, Gosport. I do hope you manage to escape relegation.

lovedeanblue
08-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Latest from the News. Not many assets and not having much luck.

A BAILIFF sent to recover 14,000 pounds from a football club found only a photocopier and metal gazebo and even they were not worth taking.

It comes as Gosport Borough FC was ordered to pay 14,210 pounds to DLP Festival Management for a festival run in May 2012.

An officer from the Sheriffs Office went to the clubs grounds in Privett Road last month to recoup the cash following a high court writ.

But the officer found only the photocopier and gazebo, which will not cover the debt.

Former councillor Dave Smith, the sole director of DLP, told The News he had to cash in his pension because of the debt.

He said: No money has been paid to me. Its frustrating, because this just goes on. I never had the money. It was only because I was conscientious that I went ahead with this.

Mr Smith said he has not received any money since a county court judgement was issued in October 2012.

But club chairman Mark Hook said a paymen

TurktownAnt
12-01-2014, 03:39 AM
As if non Turktowners give a monkeys about GBFC :( Or maybe you do :D

TurktownAnt
12-01-2014, 03:46 AM
As if non Turktowners give a monkeys about GBFC :( Or maybe you do :D

I've been getting on the ferry on a Saturday for many years now. And there are hundreds of Gosport Blues doing the same.

lovedeanblue
12-01-2014, 07:00 AM
They are through to the last 8 in the FA Trophy along with The Hawks, Eastleigh and Aldershot. Well done 'Ampshire football.

barmyandloyal
13-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Aldershot v hawks in quarter final.however gosport travel to north ferriby who currently sit top of the northern premier.

Corkhead
13-01-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm at Leamington vs North Ferriby tomorrow night. I'll send down a dossier. >;)

lovedeanblue
13-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Aldershot v hawks in quarter final.however gosport travel to north ferriby who currently sit top of the northern premier. The tie is The Hawks v Aldershot, best of luck to the Hawks