PDA

View Full Version : Tweet from Jonathan Buchan - re. Dicko

deano_83
02-01-2014, 12:31 PM
The reporter who sometimes covers our games on dee dar has tweeted that he was 'told by someone yesterday' that Wigan may have recalled Dicko as he is part of a transfer deal involving Nahki Wells.

:O

Interesting, but hope it's only the active rumour mill!

Galant
02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
He's 4 times the player Wells is - can't see it. But he will probably be sold - if not contract extension and then return to the Millers on loan - please!

millertop
02-01-2014, 02:08 PM
That's unbelievable, whats the reasoning behind that?

Brin
02-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Bradfrord rate Wells as a 1 to 2 million pound player...Dicko out of contract at the end of the season...realistically do you feel Dicko is worth 1 to 2 million?

If this is the case then I can see Wigan's logic in all of this...but having seen both play recently I can confidently state that Wells couldn't lace Dicko's boots!

gramiller1959
02-01-2014, 03:03 PM
if dicko goes to bradford i will cry in my beer :(

Ericsladkilnhurst
02-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Re Dicko being a make weight in a transfer taking Wells to Wigan,I had a discussion with a few of the Millers fans in Rhino's new years day, & brought the subject up, being that Wigan said to be after Wells.
Personally I think Dicko is a better player, & hope he holds out on his contract, then come to a club being the Millers who really want him at New York Stadium.
I think Rotherham ought to put a bid in around ?400,000 / ?450,000 with a sell on clause.
Dicko's agent could help the Millers land Dicko, if he tells Wigan that Dicko will let his contract run down,then Wigan will lose him for nothing.
A fee to wigan would also help pay ex manager Coyle's contract compensation up, after Wigan chairman Whelan I belief had said would be around ?500,000.

Flicker1
02-01-2014, 04:30 PM
I posted yesterday that dicko was on his way to bradford, it's not yet a done deal but the source was reliable.

millyTHEmiller
02-01-2014, 04:36 PM
dicko walks all over wells. wells scored most of his goals from knock downs from hanson, i think wells will struggle if he doesnt play alongside a target man. dicko is the more complete striker

kempo
02-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Not a chance of Dicko going to Bradford in my view.It wouldnt make any sense for the lad's career at all and the real decider is the simple fact that Dicko is better than Wells.

Equally,he is too good to come to us permanently as he looks Championship standard already.
According to Evans he wants to return to us so lets hope thats possible but he wont go to Bradford on a permanent move...no chance!

millyTHEmiller
02-01-2014, 04:46 PM
its not his choice though is it. he does as hes told

twinnyjoe
02-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Of course it's his choice. Wigan might want to sell him to land wells but dicko has to agree to the move. Why would you join a mid table league 1 club permanently? He is so much better than that. I would try and loan him for rest of season, I'm sure he would love to come back

kempo
02-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Of course it's his choice. Wigan might want to sell him to land wells but dicko has to agree to the move. Why would you join a mid table league 1 club permanently? He is so much better than that. I would try and loan him for rest of season, I'm sure he would love to come back

exactly!

millyTHEmiller
02-01-2014, 05:15 PM
sometimes their minds made up for them though,if they strike a deal with bradford and dicko as part of it,if the moneys right he will go. money talks in this game

gramiller1959
02-01-2014, 05:16 PM
will dicko be allowed to join us if they get wells from bratfud ?

CrackersATM
02-01-2014, 05:16 PM
I rate Dicko very highly but Wigan appear not to feel the same way. If they did he would be getting game time in their championship team this season even if it was from the bench as an impact player. Last season he went on loan to Wolves and the feedback was he did little. I'm just saying his 6 goals in 5 games for us isn't the whole story.

Nobody knows how good Wells is yet because he's a young raw talent who's unexposed. If he did go to Wigan he would work with better coaches and play with better players. Potentially feeding off Grant Holt lay offs.

I really hope we can land Dicko on a permanent basis with a deal that works for all parties. We could be that club which plays to his strengths and get the best out of him.

UTM!

CrackersATM
02-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Sky Sports says a couple of Premiership clubs have shown an interest in Wells adding to Sunderland, Celtic, Huddersfield and Leeds interest. No mention of Wigan and where he ends up is anybody's guess. If it's not Wigan then there is no player exchange with Dicko.

UTM!

redandgreen
02-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Bradford appear to have overspent this season, i think the money from last years cup run must have gone on paying a loan back to the chairman. but if they were to get ?1m+ for Wells, maybe they could spend a chunk of that on Dicko.

northy69
02-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Said on the News at 7pm on Radio Deh Dah that the Bratfud vice chairman had confirmed they had received a bid for Wells.