PDA

View Full Version : Penalties or rather Lack of

Wellup4it
02-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I can't ever recall such a long run of domestic games without us being awarded a single penalty. We've been on the receiving end of a good few bad penalty decisions this term.

eaststandman
02-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Until the last two matches we were seldom in the oppositions penalty area this season.

Wellup4it
02-01-2014, 02:28 PM
That's certainly a factor but as recently as Boxing Day Hutchy had a very strong claim dismissed at Pittodrie. Earlier in the season we had several stonewallers waved away.

LawSteelman
02-01-2014, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't worry about not getting awarded penalties, we'd only miss about 90% of them anyway. Our record from the spot is utterly pathetic in recent years.

Handsome_Devil
02-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't worry about not getting awarded penalties, we'd only miss about 90% of them anyway. Our record from the spot is utterly pathetic in recent years.

What do you base that on? The Higdon-Murphy-hateley series was bad but that apart I think we've been pretty solid. I can remember only two misses from Higdon, he had an excellent record as our last regular taker.

firparkloony
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
That's certainly a factor but as recently as Boxing Day Hutchy had a very strong claim dismissed at Pittodrie. Earlier in the season we had several stonewallers waved away.
The way are playing at the minute and the results we are getting I have one Question...Who needs penalties?
'Mon the 'WELL

Wellup4it
03-01-2014, 03:43 PM
The way are playing at the minute and the results we are getting I have one Question...Who needs penalties?
'Mon the 'WELL

Well if the final league positions come down to a goal difference or a point or two, early season decisions against ICT and Aberdeen could prove crucial.