PDA

View Full Version : Costa Del Scun New Ground

Wonder_goal
02-01-2014, 01:19 PM
We were told that our new to be ground was to be based on yours. To be fair i have forgot what your's looks like.

This is a pic of our future ground . - view external link (http://www.S****horpe-united.co.uk/news/article/new-stadium-proposals-1270160.aspx)

Wonder_goal
02-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Another one there !. Do this look an exact copy of your new Gaff then ? - view external link (http://www.S****horpe-united.co.uk/news/article/new-stadium-proposals-1270160.aspx)

Galant
02-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Very similar - ours has stepped roofs on the cop to lower down from the main stand to the family stand - yours has more curved roofs similar to Hudderfield's Galpharm (or whatever its called this week.
The roof section sloping down to the ground looks interesting and costly - may disappear due to costs - good luck with it all - transformed our club.

deano_83
02-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Tidy. Has similar features to ours and also reminds me of a smaller Reebok Stadium in places.

Off there Saturday for Bolton v Blackpool in the cup.

Tenpast_Chelsea
02-01-2014, 02:21 PM
The design looks quite good but wonder if any other teams will think that their ground too has a 25 year shelf life and need to move??

Johno2012
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM
I cant he think "WHY?"

I mean come on S****horpe is a hole isnt it! at least we deserved a new ground

gramiller1959
02-01-2014, 02:42 PM
looks nice mate :) not keen on the bricked up corners though :/

Wonder_goal
02-01-2014, 03:27 PM
[quote="Johno2012"

I mean come on S****horpe is a hole isnt it! at least we deserved a new ground[/quote]

That's a very blinkered view indeed. The council by all accounts approached the club about a multi sports ccomplex that doesn't just benefit the club and it's fans,but,the community as a whole, for S****horpe and further afield.

Where the new ground will be is also classed as part of the Lakeside project, if it was solely to be used as a football stadium, it would never come to fruition, as it's use would be limited, compared to the costs.

The one big thing is that Glanford Park is in and around fast food venues and a pub a stonesthrow away and most people spend their money there, and the club miss out on much needed revenue, it's unsustainable.

The new ground will have it's catering facilities on site so the club will see maximum profits from matchdays.

Also, selling off the Glanford Park plot and surround 4acres of land to

Tenpast_Chelsea
02-01-2014, 03:56 PM
W_G would your new ground have a linked to the local area like ours or would they sell their soul to the highest Bidder???

Just a thought but one to avoid would be linking up with a well known Irish Airline!!!!

The Scunny Lingus Stadium

Now that would take some licking!!!! :P :P :P

Wonder_goal
02-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Knowing our luck, it would bed after Michael Ball and Stewart Bagss.

Ball Bags Stadium ?

Also, with Russ Willcox as manager, we will then sign Neil Cox as assistant, we would then have the ground open 7 days a week to attract swingers, naturists from far and wide.

Living the dream folks.

Things could get very Messi !

gm_gm
02-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Knowing our luck, it would bed after Michael Ball and Stewart Bagss.

Ball Bags Stadium ?

Also, with Russ Willcox as manager, we will then sign Neil Cox as assistant, we would then have the ground open 7 days a week to attract swingers, naturists from far and wide.

Living the dream folks.

Things could get very Messi !

Good luck, it looks fantastic!

In terms of sponsorship I would sooner have Always Ultra as a sponsor than air fungus, having said that they are both deal with *&^%'s

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Looks great.

Hope it all goes to plan for you.

mikemiller
02-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Good luck - where will the ground be located though? (Any nearer the town centre/rail station etc ?)

BradfordFozzie
02-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Looks fantastic! It will make a huge difference to the club and community and hopefully another local derby for us.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

CrackersATM
02-01-2014, 05:48 PM
It looks good and similar size and spec to NYS. The nearest ground on looks is Chesterfields but your drawings make your potential new ground look a lot better than their place.

I've always thought that Glanford Park could have been better for not a lot more cash when it was designed. Seems like a waste to move after only 20 odd years but if Scunny are going to move then no point wasting time etc.

UTM!

Wonder_goal
02-01-2014, 06:28 PM
It looks good and similar size and spec to NYS. The nearest ground on looks is Chesterfields but your drawings make your potential new ground look a lot better than their place.

I've always thought that Glanford Park could have been better for not a lot more cash when it was designed. Seems like a waste to move after only 20 odd years but if Scunny are going to move then no point wasting time etc.

UTM!

I agree, it sounds a bit crazy moving only after 20years in GP,but,the current site is very limited, tired and we miss out on a lot of income because of it.

I believe the potential new ground is not going to be far from the current one, it's to be on gunness straight, also i think there will be a walkway to a new train station that will replace the althorpe station, which will make access a lot easier for away fans.

Also, traffic should be less of an issue than it now at Glanford Park.

I believe we wanted it near the town ce

CrackersATM
02-01-2014, 06:40 PM

UTM!

I agree, it sounds a bit crazy moving only after 20years in GP,but,the current site is very limited, tired and we miss out on a lot of income because of it.

I believe the potential new ground is not going to be far from the current one, it's to be on gunness straight, also i think there will be a walkway to a new train station that will replace the althorpe station, which will make access a lot easier for away fans.

Also, traffic should be less of an issue than it now at Glanfo

Wonder_goal
02-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Agree 100%. we both have been through the ringer, so to speak. Cross our fingers, we both have memorable seasons.

Onwards and upwards eh !

vespabri
03-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Hope it comes off for you WonderG.
I always keep one eye on Scunny as i have a sister & other relatives live in Bottesford..(Dolphins decent btw).
Good luck this season..your on fire at the minute,no stopping Scunny.

Never a day passes when the 1st thing i do when i open my bedroom curtains is look across to NYS and still i can"t believe its our home.
AND A FANTASTIC ONE AT THAT.!!

ExeterMiller
03-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Isn't Scunny's ground only 25 years old?

I remember going there when it was really new, Ian Helliwell days - & didn't Walsall copy the design (or was it the other way round).

The only questions I'd have is Why? - I wouldn't have thought there was interest to pay for such a project. Will Scunny double their attendances afterwards? - Beware the Darlington effect.

Wonder_goal
03-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Isn't Scunny's ground only 25 years old?

I remember going there when it was really new, Ian Helliwell days - & didn't Walsall copy the design (or was it the other way round).

The only questions I'd have is Why? - I wouldn't have thought there was interest to pay for such a project. Will Scunny double their attendances afterwards? - Beware the Darlington effect.

Read further up this thread, it's not just for the purpose of being a football stadium it's for the whole community and will double us as a sports complex for S****horpe and further afield.

I also find it absoloutely ridiculous that you compare darlington stadium to our potential new one, when darlington's was pie in the sky and was built to hold 30,000 fans, which was completely unrealistic.

Our potential ground will hold 12k, and will be funded not only by the sale of the present ground and the grounds surrounding area,but,by the council too, as it was them that a

CrackersATM
03-01-2014, 02:40 PM
I work with fans from all over the UK and I was asked the Darlo question regularly by plastic fans of franchise clubs(not saying ExeterMiller is a plastic fan or doesn't know his stuff) when NYS was being built.

The main differences are they crammed 25,000 seats into a stadium which would hold 18,000 max if it had the same leg room as NYS. Their fan base was historically lower than Rotherham and S****horpe and most the town support bigger clubs in the region. The way forward must be capacity's around 12,000 so you get some full houses and good atmosphere in Lge 1 and 2 but can quickly expand if you reach the Championship or beyond.

I guess in the Championship Glanford Park held Scunny back a little for being too compact. Another 1,000 home seats and away seats plus concourses with bars could over a season given the club more income towards players. Plus more chance for young Scunny kids to get to big games and get the bond with the club. With council support and switched on directors