PDA

View Full Version : Will Hughes value? Time to sell?

sheeeeeeeeeep
02-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Watching the majority of games this season I have to say that in my opinion Will Hughes has not been the player we all expected him to be of late. I thought he was very poor yesterday and his passing was very poor at times and he seems much less affective now teams have cottoned on to him and mark him out of the game. He isn't scoring goals and lately he has not really created that much either. Is this going to affect his value? What is his value? And at the the moment all he seems to be is potential and is not really having a big affect on games. Personally if we can get half of the 15 million that some seem to think he is worth them I would let him go in a shot. This is of course my opinion and is open for debate and discussion and other people will no doubt think differently to me.

So what do you think guys? Is he really the player we all want him to be? Would selling him now give us chance to strengthen the team or would we be weakened?

Rattea
02-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Apparently its been said on here hes gone to Liverpool for £7m and its a done deal. Would seem odd that the window opened yesterday and hes still with us and nothing has been announced if that were the case???

I've stated before I struggle to see anything wonderous in him than a level headed steady 18 year old learninghis trade and being allowed to.

Will we get silly money? I doubt it. For that it has to be one of the big boys. I cant see any other team putting out big money as they would need him to go straigh in and perform in the PL. Even peiople in and around the club are saying hes not ready for that yet.

Maybe someone will take a punt on potential but outside the big boys it would be unlikely to be more than a few million.

Looking at him realistically is he out this world and a game changer putting in amazing performances that catch everyones eye week in week out. for me no far from it and I would expect he will still be with us in February.

sheeeeeeeeeep
02-01-2014, 02:05 PM
To be honest I am expecting more interest in Bryson in January, he is creating goals, scoring goals, breaking up play, covers every inch of the pitch and is in his prime. If I had to either sell Hughes to keep Bryson or sell Bryson to keep Hughes and 6 million was on the table for both then I would sell Hughes. In reality we will possibly end up losing both if we don't go up this season and Hughes will probably go for more than double what Bryson does. It's a strange game at times and young English players playing at this level always go for much more than they are worth. For me I can't say either way if Hughes is going to go on to be a Walcott or Chamberlain or if he will end up like Conor Wickham and I think the top teams are going to want to see a bit more from him before they splash the cash.

Rattea
02-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm with you I've said the same for a long time on here. Bryson is a kingpin in the side. We lose him we will lose traction unless we get someone excellent in to replace him and then who has an engine like him?

Opinion on Hughes does seem to be losing pace generally rather than gathering. I dont know but is that a sign og reality setting in?

entersandman86
02-01-2014, 02:54 PM
He's cream knackered, wish we'd give the lad a rest and play Hendrick or even Ciise. It's amazing the hype surrounding Will, but just don't see how he's rated so highly by some folk - especially the media.

10, 12 million? Not a chance in hell. He's good, but I'd be most disappointed losing Bryson for the supposed 750k clause.

roger_ramjet
02-01-2014, 03:08 PM
You are so right and always have been Ratty

sheeeeeeeeeep
02-01-2014, 04:03 PM
He's cream knackered, wish we'd give the lad a rest and play Hendrick or even Ciise. It's amazing the hype surrounding Will, but just don't see how he's rated so highly by some folk - especially the media.

10, 12 million? Not a chance in hell. He's good, but I'd be most disappointed losing Bryson for the supposed 750k clause.

That could also be a reason why he isn't performing of late. I have said before that Hendrick should start more and rest Will but I wasn't impressed with Hendrick yesterday either when he came on.

AdiSalisbury
02-01-2014, 04:06 PM
He should stay with us and develop further.

Bstand
02-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Seems there is a deal - view external link (http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/01/02/sp-will-hughes-more-like-manchester-united-legend-than-gerrard/)

chris311080
02-01-2014, 08:12 PM
We have an agreement in place with Liverpool and fee was agreed.

That I know for sure.

That I was told 3 months ago and mentioned it on here

This week it was reported in several national newspapers that Liverpool have first refusal.. Coincidence.. I think not

Now I don't give a toss who believes me and who doesn't. Track record says my source is good.

swaledale
02-01-2014, 10:56 PM
We shall see, rather strange for Rodger to deny it and for Derby's hieracrchy to deny it very publicly again recently - not saying your wrong just very odd -If there is a deal what would be the point of denying it? It will become public at sometime.

However, the views that Hughes is overrrated seem at odds with those expressed by a number of people who have far more knowledge and expereince of what a good player looks like than most on here (inc. myself) so I'm not taking any notice of those who say he isn't as good as he is made out to be - but the lads been ill, he has played a lot of football and frankly is entitled to a loss of form - and anyone who has seen him play over the past couple of seasons would recognise a quaity player when they see one.

That is of course with the exception of one poster in particualr who seems to want to prove to all and sundry that he is rather less bright than he likes to make out!!

Rapid
03-01-2014, 10:21 AM
He should stay with us and develop further.

I hold an opposite view mate. personally I think he needs to play at a higher level to improve and that may be one of the reasons his form hasn't been great recently. he needs to play and train with better players, learn new things, play in a league where technique is paramount.

time to sell? yes if the price is right.

D_D
03-01-2014, 10:28 AM

That I know for sure.

This week it was reported in several national newspapers that Liverpool have first refusal.. Coincidence.. I think not

Now I don't give a toss who believes me and who doesn't. Track record says my source is good.

I've always believed what Chris posts to be gospel, simply because he's never been wrong regarding transfers and "goings on" at the club.

The fact Liverpool have committed to a fee makes me think it won't be all that much initially. Maybe 6-7 million? With add-ons I'm sure.

Rapid
03-01-2014, 10:34 AM

That I know for sure.

I've always believed what Chris posts to be gospel, simply because he's never been wrong regarding transfers and "goings on" at the club.

The fact Liverpool have committed to a fee makes me think it won't be all that much initially. Maybe 6-7 million? With add-ons I'm sure.[/quote]

there was once chris's source didn't come good but to be fair I think that's because circumstances changed on a deal (can't remember which one...).

anyone who pays attention on here knows there's only 2 people claiming to have a source that's worth listeni

sheeeeeeeeeep
03-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Maybe he would do better in a league with more time and space. At the moment I feel he is being bullied and knocked about when he gets near the ball and he just isn't developed physically enough yet. Not saying he is a bad player but I think the money we could get for him might prove more important in a promotion push than if we keep him.

Rattea
03-01-2014, 11:16 AM
We shall see, rather strange for Rodger to deny it and for Derby's hieracrchy to deny it very publicly again recently - not saying your wrong just very odd -If there is a deal what would be the point of denying it? It will become public at sometime.

However, the views that Hughes is overrrated seem at odds with those expressed by a number of people who have far more knowledge and expereince of what a good player looks like than most on here (inc. myself) so I'm not taking any notice of those who say he isn't as good as he is made out to be - but the lads been ill, he has played a lot of football and frankly is entitled to a loss of form - and anyone who has seen him play over the past couple of seasons would recognise a quaity player when they see one.

That is of course with the exception of one poster in particualr who seems to want to prove to all and sundry that he is rather less bright than he likes to make out!!

Do you mea

roger_ramjet
03-01-2014, 01:37 PM
[quote="Rattea"]We shall see, rather strange for Rodger to deny it and for Derby's hieracrchy to deny it very publicly again recently - not saying your wrong just very odd -If there is a deal what would be the point of denying it? It will become public at sometime.

That is of course with the exception of one poster in particualr who seems to want to prove to all and sundry that he is rather less bright tha

Stringer_Bell
03-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Maybe he would do better in a league with more time and space. At the moment I feel he is being bullied and knocked about when he gets near the ball and he just isn't developed physically enough yet. Not saying he is a bad player but I think the money we could get for him might prove more important in a promotion push than if we keep him.

You might be right there. I thought Tom Carroll looked better when he's playing against more technically gifted players instead of playing with a load of thugs in the championship and the same could be true of Hughes as well. But Hughes has held his own in this league when Carroll didn't which is a sign of his quality even if he doesn't always assert himself as much as we'd like.

tomsdubs
03-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Another prime example is Ross Barkley, looked reasonable at Sheff Wed but nothing out of this world. Looks awesome now in the Prem.

Stringer_Bell
03-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Another prime example is Ross Barkley, looked reasonable at Sheff Wed but nothing out of this world. Looks awesome now in the Prem.

And he wasn't seen as an improvement on Tonge or Green at Leeds so they sent him back.

ramspride
03-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Where Hughes is very good is his awareness of team mates when he has the ball and his precision well paced passes, some of which are not always read by other players. That is a talent that cannot be learn't, it's a gift, That's why he is valued highly

sheeeeeeeeeep
05-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Where Hughes is very good is his awareness of team mates when he has the ball and his precision well paced passes, some of which are not always read by other players. That is a talent that cannot be learn't, it's a gift, That's why he is valued highly

I didn't see any of that today. I saw a player jogging around the pitch, not fully committed to anything he did, his passing was poor and once he didn't have the ball he just stopped running instead of running into space for a return pass. He was doing this from the start of the game so you surely can't say he was tired. Hendrick was just as bad too. We need to sign a midfielder in January, maybe even two.

Any scouts watching that match will not be reporting back that he is worth 2 million never mind 15!

triz
05-01-2014, 06:25 PM
anyone that ever said 15 mill was wildly over exagerating.im sticking with my 5-7m guess of his market value.

BigusDikus
05-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Notts County need a few players, I'm sure he'd get a game there. XD