PDA

View Full Version : Mark Dempsey

tony260674
02-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Appointed assistant manager at Cardiff.
I wonder what has happened to Joe Mcbride and Danny Divot?

CrackersATM
02-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Tony, I saw the and wondered if it was former Miller Mark Dempsey. Good luck to him and Ole with the chairman at Cardiff.

UTM!

mikemiller
02-01-2014, 05:22 PM
..and it is THE Mark Dempsey who played in midfield for the Millers (just checked)

LiberalFan
02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Did this guy by any chance used to live in Maltby and had a kid called Billy?

millavanilla
02-01-2014, 08:44 PM
ill always remember him running with the ball across the box in the tivoli end..it was the second leg of the league cup against sheff utd..after drawing at the lane, we were in the 89th minute and to be honest, i dont think he would have scored from the angle...but simon tracy ,the goalkeeper,pulled him down...penalty...the ultra reliable bobby williamson stepped up..
and planted it straight in the corner...a lot of people on here will remember it..what a great night..previous to the draw, a workmate said to me if it was the fa cup one game you can sometimes get a shock...but over two legs, your lot cant beat utd...never say never...

ExeterMiller
02-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Sheff U, were light years ahead of us in those days, to draw at the lane then do em with Sir Bobbys peno in front of the Tivoli like that was amazing. I was only early ****s but remember it well. Most of that 4th Division winning team would run rings around most teams in the championship, never mind our current crop.

And they say the standard has got better in the England lower leagues, not fooling me with that rhetoric

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Did this guy by any chance used to live in Maltby and had a kid called Billy?

Ye that's him.

ZIPPY64
02-01-2014, 10:28 PM
This is Mark now, his curly hair has slipped onto his chin.

http://i43.tinypic.com/eurqr6.jpg

mikemiller
03-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Yep, quite a skillful player , if a bit lightweight...seem to remember him scoring a good goal against Preston, first day of the season at a sun-baked Millmooor (think we won comfortably 2-0)

tony260674
03-01-2014, 02:30 AM
Yep, quite a skillful player , if a bit lightweight...seem to remember him scoring a good goal against Preston, first day of the season at a sun-baked Millmooor (think we won comfortably 2-0)

Close. It was 3-1. Grealish was outstanding.