PDA

View Full Version : Pringle or Le Fondre?

tanksandy
02-01-2014, 03:37 PM
if you had to choose.

if reading offered a straight swap would you accept?

im not sure what i would do to be honest.

we have got a really good midfield here currently. is it worth sacrificing our most creative player for a striker we know can score plenty. or is it worth sticking with pringle and finding another striker somewhere?

twinnyjoe
02-01-2014, 03:46 PM
For me Pringle is one of the best players at the club but I would snap readings hands off if they offered that. We still created plenty of chances yesterday even without Pringle but nobody to take then. We all know Alfie would

caytonmiller
02-01-2014, 04:10 PM
pringle all day long...

and i would sooner have dicko than alf

one_a_day
02-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Le Fondre is hardly the kind of player that Evans likes otherwise Nardiello would still be here.

monkfish67
02-01-2014, 04:35 PM
pringle all day long...

and i would sooner have dicko than alf

What he said

NeztheMiller
02-01-2014, 05:06 PM
I would have Pringle!

His workrate is excellent and his delivery into the box is fantastic most of the time and I can't think of another player in this league who's as good as him at crossing the ball!

millyTHEmiller
02-01-2014, 05:18 PM
alfie every day of the week,you cant beat a prolific goalscorer in a team,its what gains you promotion and wins you matches. alfs a predetor and even though him n pringle are different players for me le fondre is a class above

millertop
02-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Would be happy if Alfie came back ( if that's what SE is looking for) but out the two I would have to go with Pringle to stay

ashbynick
02-01-2014, 05:43 PM
deffo Pringle for me. He is the only player we have who, as the game goes on, will bring the ball out from the edge of our box without looking to hoof it at the first opportunity.

ghost_of_dusty_m
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I would have Pringle!

His workrate is excellent and his delivery into the box is fantastic most of the time and I can't think of another player in this league who's as good as him at crossing the ball!

We can cross as many balls in the box as we like but goals win games.

We created enough without pringle yesterday 1st half.

Easy one ...I'd drive Ben to reading myself ( or Wigan for dicko)

Not against him but we need quality up top

caytonmiller
02-01-2014, 06:18 PM
you can get a striker into as many goal scoring positions but without the precise pass he wont score :) you say tomato i say tomato.

twinnyjoe
02-01-2014, 06:25 PM
How many times this season especially at home we have lost points for not taking chances? We create plenty as we did yesterday without Pringle we need that goalscorer. I'd love Alfie and dicko and to keep Pringle am I being a bit greedy and optimistic? [!]128515;

OregonMiller
02-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Can't believe anyone would really take Prings over Alf. The world has gone mad.

By the way, nothing against Pringle, I think he is a fine player, just not in Alf's class.

merry_miller
02-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Le Fondre is hardly the kind of player that Evans likes otherwise Nardiello would still be here.

Comparing Nardiello to Le Fondre is like comparing a bottle of cheap fizzy wine to a bottle of Krug.

merry_miller
02-01-2014, 08:39 PM
How many times this season especially at home we have lost points for not taking chances? We create plenty as we did yesterday without Pringle we need that goalscorer. I'd love Alfie and dicko and to keep Pringle am I being a bit greedy and optimistic? [!]128515;

greedy & optimistic ? the white coat is on it's way.

twinnyjoe
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
It was a bit of sarcasm. We would never be able to afford le fondre. Dicko would be a great signing if we could get him on loan again though. Another centre half needed as we then we can be playoff contenders for sure

millertop
02-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Can't believe anyone would really take Prings over Alf. The world has gone mad.

By the way, nothing against Pringle, I think he is a fine player, just not in Alf's class.

Both play different positions so tbf we can't compare.

Now if it was between Alfie and Dicko then I'm not sure which way I would go

redandgreen
02-01-2014, 09:07 PM
you can get a striker into as many goal scoring positions but without the precise pass he wont score :) you say tomato i say tomato.

Alf doesn't need a precise pass, he reads situations and anticipates the mistake, goes where the defenders don't.

caytonmiller
02-01-2014, 09:10 PM
easy solution then. sell the team and buy alf..

vespabri
03-01-2014, 07:23 AM

Alf doesn't need a precise pass, he reads situations and anticipates the mistake, goes where the defenders don't.[/quote]SPOT ON!!!
How anyone can doudt Alfie is beyond belief.
Pringle & Alfie are worth the entrance fee when they are on song.
We missed Pringle in the 2nd half on Wednesday, we missed him trying to carve something up out of nothing.
Dicko"s VERY GOOD...Alfies AWESOME!!

axholme_miller
03-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Pringle definitely

one_a_day
03-01-2014, 08:13 AM

Comparing Nardiello to Le Fondre is like comparing a bottle of cheap fizzy wine to a bottle of Krug.[/quote]

Not in terms of work rate. We all know Le Fondre is a far better player than Nardiello but it baffles me when the same people who call Nardiello lazy would love to see Le Fondre back. Given the chance, Nardiello would have scored the goals to get us out of this division.

wickersley__miller
03-01-2014, 02:29 PM
I'd carry Pringle there and carry Le Fondre all the way back. If he can get 30 goals with the service of Harrison and Ellison he'll bang em in for fun with Frecklington, O'Connor, Agard.

millertop
03-01-2014, 02:38 PM

Comparing Nardiello to Le Fondre is like comparing a bottle of cheap fizzy wine to a bottle of Krug.[/quote]

Not in terms of work rate. We all know Le Fondre is a far better player than Nardiello but it baffles me when the same people who call Nardiello lazy would love to see Le Fondre back. Given the chance, Nardiello would have scored the goals to get us out of this division.[/quote]

Nards was lazy but I was surprised he went

wickersley__miller
03-01-2014, 02:40 PM
He's paid to score goals not run around like a headless chicken. We've got Revell for that. If both strikers were running here, there & everywhere we'd never have anyone in the box.