PDA

View Full Version : Next one off the production line

needle
02-01-2014, 07:21 PM
With Danny Ings supposedly on his way at Burnley , will they be able to roll another CF out who will be succesful and they then sell on for big money .
Rodrigues
Austin
Ings
???

backofthenet
02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
They have done very well in that regard.

I'm sure they will replace him. Hopefully with sh!te.

alfinyalcabo
02-01-2014, 08:02 PM
With Danny Ings supposedly on his way at Burnley , will they be able to roll another CF out who will be succesful and they then sell on for big money .
Rodrigues
Austin
Ings
???

where is he going to ? XD XD

backofthenet
02-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Rodrigues
Austin
Ings
???

where is he going to ? XD XD[/quote]

Rovers >:)

champs95
02-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Ings is like Burnley this season. An annoying little sod who just won't go away. :/

It won't last though, on both counts. >;)

Stan_van_nel
02-01-2014, 09:25 PM
It's one position that we've never really had a problem in filling and the player scoring goals.

Ings will still be with us in February, so it doesn't matter either way.

claret1978
03-01-2014, 04:14 PM
You forgot steven fletcher!

champs95
03-01-2014, 04:29 PM

and Alan Shearer...Chris Sutton ...Kevin Gallagher, Andy Cole, Matty Jansen, Craig Bellamy, Santa Cruz ...Jordan Rhodes ...aye,we have always struggled in the striker department too.
And never made a any money back on any of them.

MillHillRover
03-01-2014, 05:40 PM

and Alan Shearer...Chris Sutton ...Kevin Gallagher, Andy Cole, Matty Jansen, Craig Bellamy, Santa Cruz ...Jordan Rhodes ...aye,we have always struggled in the striker department too.
And never made a any money back on any of them.[/quote]

champs, did you deliberately forget to include Jason Roberts in your list ?

XD XD XD XD XD

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 05:46 PM

XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

i`d add shefki kuqi. signed for free, scored some crucial goals and then sold on for 2.5 million. great business.

champs95
03-01-2014, 05:48 PM

XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Well, we don't need to talk about Kevin Davies, Cicco Grabbi, Nathan Blake, Roberts or Ashley Ward, as none of that ever happened. ;D

champs95
03-01-2014, 05:52 PM

XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

i`d add shefki kuqi. signed for free, scored some crucial goals and then sold on for 2.5 million. great business.[/quote].

I quite liked Kuqi. Great goal celebration.

Another good bit of business (not a striker though) buying Le Saux for £600k, winning a title, and flogging him back to them for £6.5m.

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 05:52 PM

XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Well, we don't need to talk about Kevin Davies, Cicco Grabbi, Nathan Blake, Roberts or Ashley Ward, as none of that ever happened. ;D[/quote]

we got full value from roberts for a 2m fee, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn`t know the game..

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 05:54 PM

XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

i`d add shefki kuqi. signed for free, scored some crucial goals and then sold on for 2.5 million. great business.[/quote].

Another good bit of business (not a striker though) buying Le Saux for A?600k, winning a title, and flogging him back to them for A?6.5m.[/quote]

le saux was a class player. skill and workrate, perfect co

champs95
03-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Your mate Allardyce never fancied him Sax.

That's your mate who is getting sacked from a 3rd club now.
How long can one guy dine out on a decent season with Bolton?

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 05:57 PM

sam will turn it around, been there and done it before..

champs95
03-01-2014, 05:58 PM

XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Another good bit of business (not a striker though) buying Le Saux for A?600k, winning a title, and flogging him back to them for A?6.5m.[/quote]

le sau

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 06:00 PM

XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Another good bit of business (not a striker though) buying Le Saux for A?600k, winning a title, and floggin

champs95
03-01-2014, 06:00 PM

sam will turn it around, been there and done it before..[/quote]

Nah West Ham will get shut of him before they get relegated like Newcastle did...I shan't say us, as I will get heckled all evening. He's gabbage, he just knows how to pick up a few points against the lower sides around him. That's all he's ever figured out. His record against the bigger sides I'd appalling, at every club he's been after Bolton.

jordan12rhodes
03-01-2014, 06:03 PM

sam will turn it around, been there and done it before..[/quote]

Nah West Ham will get shut of him before they get relegated like Newcastle did...I shan't say us, as I will get heckled all evening. He's gabbage, he just knows how to pick up a few points against the lower sides around him. That's all he's ever figured out. His record against the bigger sides I'd appalling, at every club he's been after Bolton.[/quote]

if andy carroll was fit(among others, terrible injury list they have), they`d be top 10..

champs95
03-01-2014, 06:04 PM

XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Another good bit of business (not a striker though) buy

MillHillRover
03-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Your right, his attitude was spot on. A pleasure to watch and be around.

David Batty didn't think so >;)

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

joinerpat
03-01-2014, 06:31 PM

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

From Russia with :heart: :heart: XD XD

champs95
03-01-2014, 06:32 PM

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

I can't recall any big profile fall outs with those 2? Imagine if it had happened in a Champs League game live on TV. Feck me, that would've been bad.
Le Saux himself says he wasn't a blokey bloke ...his team mates used to rip him for reading the Guardian. The likes of Sutton could barley read ;D

yorkyclaret
09-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Rodrigues
Austin
Ings
???
Ashley Barnes by the look of things.

champs95
09-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Rodrigues
Austin
Ings
???
Ashley Barnes by the look of things.[/quote]

Am I right in thinking the last time you went up, you didn't sell your better players? Either the summer before, Or in Jan? If Barnes is to add to what you have, then that's ambitious. I can't think of many seasons where I could say that about your board. You got this far, another push and you can have another one season in the Prem. It's got to be worth it IMO.

yorkyclaret
09-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Rodrigues
Austin
Ings
???

Am I right in thinking the last time you went up, you didn't sell your better players? Either the summer before, Or in Jan? If Barnes is to add to what you have, then that's ambitious. I can't think of many seasons where I could say that about your board. You got this far, another push and you can have another one season in the Prem. It's got to be worth it IMO.[/quote]
I think you're right, we didn't have any real outstanding/valuable players that season. We did have 2 transfer embargoes that season, one because we couldn't pay a couple of installments on Chris Eagles, can't remember the other one.
Guess an occasional

Quickenthetempo
09-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Looks like the chairmen are still on their Christmas whiskey and gone and bagged Barnes and Nakhi Wells. Who'd of thought it eh?

champs95
09-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Looks like the chairmen are still on their Christmas whiskey and gone and bagged Barnes and Nakhi Wells. Who'd of thought it eh?

If so, you have 2 very good players. I was hoping we would sign Wells.
I will believe it when I see the 2 lads stood on your pitch holding the Claret scarves above their heads.

yorkyclaret
09-01-2014, 04:17 PM

If so, you have 2 very good players. I was hoping we would sign Wells.
I will believe it when I see the 2 lads stood on your pitch holding the Claret scarves above their heads.[/quote]
Me too, kind of hope we don't get both, as I think that would mean bye bye Danny.

Stan_van_nel
09-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Wells 'and' Barnes, well that's just silly talk.

It'll be one or the other and it's looking like it may be Barnes.

champs95
09-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Barnes is good. If the worst was to happen and you got a tonne of money for Ings, and you managed to replace him with both, I'd say your still in with a shout. If your keeping Ings and adding Barnes to what you have, that shows a massive intent to go up. Vokes just signed an extension to his contract too right? He's looked decent aswell this season.

I'd say the key one to keep hold of is this manager of yours, not so much the players. When Allardyce loses at Cardiff at weekend, I think West Ham may approach him. I could be wrong.

champs95
09-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Rodrigues
Austin
Ings
???

Am I right in thinking the last time you went up, you didn't sell your better players? Either the summer before, Or in Jan? If Barnes is to add to what you have, then that's ambitious. I can't think of many seasons where I could say that about your board. You got this far, another push and you can have another one season in the Prem. It's got to be worth it IMO.[/quote]
I think you're right, we didn't have any real outstanding/valuable players that season. We did have 2 transfer embargoes that season, one because we couldn't pay a couple of installments on Chris Eagles, ca

yorkyclaret
09-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Yes Vokes signed on 'till 2017, having a good season. and has one of those seemingly telepathic partnerships with Ings, I have to admit he has really surprised me this season, but if we go up is he good enough for the Prem and if we don't go up, Ings will be off, will Vokes be the same player without him?
Agree that we need to keep hold of Dyche too, would expect it to need to be somewhere a bit better than West Ham to turn his head. Can't see him getting that sort of offer until he has a real achievement on his CV.
Amazed we havn't had a European league before now, think sorting out promotion/relegation to and from it could be the problem.

champs95
09-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Yes Vokes signed on 'till 2017, having a good season. and has one of those seemingly telepathic partnerships with Ings, I have to admit he has really surprised me this season, but if we go up is he good enough for the Prem and if we don't go up, Ings will be off, will Vokes be the same player without him?
Agree that we need to keep hold of Dyche too, would expect it to need to be somewhere a bit better than West Ham to turn his head. Can't see him getting that sort of offer until he has a real achievement on his CV.
Amazed we havn't had a European league before now, think sorting out promotion/relegation to and from it could be the problem.

Ings has made all the headlines , rightly so. But Vokes seems to set up quite a few, and his goals have been valuable. That partnership is the best in this league thus far. Keep it together, and add to that Barnes, your looking very good. Dyche is doing superb and will win Manager of the seas

yorkyclaret
09-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Jones is doing a great job, one of the firsts on the teamsheet, not spectacular but doesn't make mistakes.
Ings? Well I thought it would be a long time before we had a better striker than J Rod but I think Danny is. I for one will be very sorry to see him go, maybe one good thing if we were to go up, could we keep him? Probably not but you never know.
Can't see a league without relegation working in football, even though it would be great to get rid of the rich city clubs.

champs95
09-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Jones is doing a great job, one of the firsts on the teamsheet, not spectacular but doesn't make mistakes.
Ings? Well I thought it would be a long time before we had a better striker than J Rod but I think Danny is. I for one will be very sorry to see him go, maybe one good thing if we were to go up, could we keep him? Probably not but you never know.
Can't see a league without relegation working in football, even though it would be great to get rid of the rich city clubs.

Aye, Jones isn't spectacular , but will do a good steady job. It depends with Ings, like you say, if you go up, you may keep him. But if he doss go, and you buy 3 or 4 decent players in, it could be beneficial long term. Like us with Rhodes. If someone comes in and offers A?15m he's off, but they won't, it's too much to pay as a gamble.
With a Euro league, it would go more like American football. A TV funded franchise. No relegation. Just 20 very rich c