PDA

View Full Version : have we actually made progress under Kav ?

trout47
02-01-2014, 08:02 PM
I wanted Greg out and I was glad when he went, I didnt want Kav but I am willing to give him a chance.
but looking at our league position ( 3 points from the drop zone ) I dont actually think we have made any progress at all.???

we pick an odd win up now and again and everyone raves about the " fortress Brunton Park " rubbish .
but in reality we seem totally unable to beat teams lower in the league than us time and time again...

so statistically we are not much better than when Abbott was here , sad days ahead unless we pick up a good few league wins and fast.

cufcmike
03-01-2014, 03:16 AM
Maybe you've forgotten just how bad it was under Greg? Yes we still lose games, but at least its not 4/5-0

sandpit
03-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Forget about Greg,gone finished.Progress under Kav? well better,but that would not take much doing surely.

Good luck to the guy and just too soon to judge,one thing for sure he has his work cut out.

trout47
03-01-2014, 06:41 PM
I agree he is marginally better than greg I suppose as we are not getting thrashed every game, but we are still in a dog fight and although loads are singing Kavs praises I dont think we are much better off at all.

Leyton Orient next league game so I dont expect anything from that one. we are only 3 from drop zone and could in effect be overtook by around 5 teams so its looking very very bleak.

BlueBalls
04-01-2014, 09:53 AM
It's the club owners that engender the bleak outlook. Unprofessional, naive, detached from the customers, lacking in ambition, arrogant, toxic.

Kav has improved the situation on the pitch with far less resources than his predecessor squandered over the years (with the owners suicidal full backing). His mark on the change was instant with 3 back to back wins that his predecessor NEVER achieved in years of trying. He has stemmed the appalling goal leakage. His footballing brand is much improved and the players he brings in are sound and often exciting. You can't transform a screaming cat into a purring panther overnight, it takes time and gradual adjustment, as well as investment. What Kav is demonstrating is that he can tease more potential out of individual players BEFORE resorting to panic recruitment (Abbott style). Get off of the man's back in his honeymoon period, it's not just a steadying of the helm, it's a shipwreck he is rebuilding.

Lets just hope the owners (ALL OF THE

LUKNORTH
05-01-2014, 04:57 PM
A consortium of joiners and plumbers have offered to buy the club, but the BOD wouldn't take it seriously! The offer of ?12.00 was deadly serious!

TheDan
07-01-2014, 10:36 AM
We've made some but we are not there yet

Some better performances but, in the periods of games when we are starting to get on top of the opposition, we are not scoring.

What we need is someone to put the ball in the net, i.e. a proven striker this January

Markovitch
07-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Miller seems to have really gone downhill. His finishing is woeful. When he arrived it was like Brunton was a stop over while he got his career back on track ad moved up to the Championship, now he would struggle to get another club in this division

1954blue
07-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Well the honeymoon period is now well and truly over now that we are out of the Cup. He has 22 games left this season and it depends very much how he does from here as far as I am concerned. He has overseen some highs ( 3 league wins in a row, good league performances against Wolves and Peterborough and a good win against Brentford ) but a few lows too ( an abysmal performance against Fleetwood in the JPT after tinkering with the formation and the players clearly not knowing what they were doing - a defeat which scuppered our chances of making some money - poor FA Cup performances against Boreham Wood where Fleming got him out of jail in the replay followed by weak displays recently v PNE and Crewe ).

Potentially I think we have a better squad than at the start of the season and Kavanagh must take some credit for that. Townsend I like. Amos, Ehmer and Lawrence are, I presume, short term solutions and Meppin-Walter ( politics aside ) is a good acquisition. It will be interesting to see

FishIslandBlues
11-01-2014, 10:09 AM
I think Kav tinkering is a good thing at least he's trying different things. Sometimes it works and you get praised sometimes it doesn't and you get slated. Greg totally lost the plot and completely ragout of ideas under Kav we have different options it will take time for him to get the team to understand his footballing principles.

Our biggest problem is inconsistency and thats been hanging around like a bad smell for 2-3 years it will take time to physically/mentally get the players right and work our way out of that.

The best thing is were not conceding as many goals and were more difficult to beat that is the first step, a big step too, forward. Under Abbott we could never defend. We're working on becoming more of an attacking force so lets get behind him and see what happens I honestly believe Kav is going to be a very good manager for us.

BLUES!!!

dalmationblue
12-01-2014, 03:31 PM
To answer the heading question no,3points above the relegation place ain't progress in my book...>:(

Bagshot_Blue
13-01-2014, 12:39 PM
1954blue in general you are absolutely correct in your summation of Kav's performance as manager. Sadly, there is a consistency in our recent away performances. Lots of ball in the first part of the game but no end product, not one good chance on goal. Guy runs around for no purpose but to force the opposition to pass the ball. This works until our opponents realise we have nothing going forward and then just settle down and pass the ball through our midfield. Our defence has improved but cannot win a game without our midfield/forwards causing teams problems. We defend well for 40-50 mins then its the same old story they score, Guy gets replaced and nothing changes except our goals against column. 1954 Kav has not listened re. Townsend in from the start and Robson pushed up. He persists with Guy and thus nothing going forward. Chandler has disappeared but surely gives more going forward than Chimbonda!!! Miller has been picked to fail ie isolated up front, no-one supporting from midfie