PDA

View Full Version : Transfers

millertop
02-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Is twitter on a wind-up or has SE lost the plot?

Worrall going out on loan.

After Miles Addison from Bournmouth

CrackersATM
02-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Worrall does need some game time and is probably well behind Pringle, Agard and Flecklington to play wide in midfield at the moment.

UTM!

millertop
02-01-2014, 09:52 PM
And Morgan to Huddlesfield

twinnyjoe
02-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Where on twitter you heard this?

clarkey1974
02-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Worrall does need some game time and is probably well behind Pringle, Agard and Flecklington to play wide in midfield at the moment.

UTM!

Not sure why he didn't get at least a part run out yesterday,with the lacklustre 2nd half display i don't think it would have disrupted anything,neither done him no harm.!.

millertop
02-01-2014, 09:57 PM
On the hashtags. #rufc

Nedstarks_son
02-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Can't afford to be losing any players especially not Morgan and Pringle regardless of what fees we would receive. We missed Pringles probing on NY Day big time.

Worrall needs game time in a millers shirt for me and the Coventry game showed Tavernier to be a good attacking full back but not a wide midfielder.

millertop
02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Crackers;
Meant to put Worrall to Oldham ( don't agree loaning to clubs in same league)
Agree he needs game time

twinnyjoe
02-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Not seen the Morgan rumour in twitter? Addison would be a good addition

millertop
02-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Not seen the Morgan rumour in twitter? Addison would be a good addition

Hasn't Morgan been linked to Huddersfield before? So that could be old news (hopefully)
Fans can't wait to get rid of Addison by the looks

twinnyjoe
02-01-2014, 10:15 PM
May not be up to championship standard but he got them promoted from league 1. He's got to be a better option than mills

millertop
02-01-2014, 10:29 PM
May not be up to championship standard but he got them promoted from league 1. He's got to be a better option than mills

Tbh I haven't seen him play, was just going on their fans reaction.
He is 24 (I think) can play both central mid and central defence.

We need some one who is solid at the back and not easily knocked of the ball

gramiller1959
02-01-2014, 10:32 PM

steve evans would be a better option than mills :s

vespabri
03-01-2014, 06:41 AM
To be honest Mills looked like a fan that had won a competition to play for his local club, and he"d trained hard for his big day...for about 3 days!!

Tophams_Excelsior
03-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Some talk in Bournemouth Echo about Addison-Millers links below. - view external link (http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/10911376.AFC_Bournemouth__Addison__Thomas_and_Fogd en_could_make_January_moves/?ref=var_6)

millertop
03-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Worrall is a six month deal by the looks :/

Surely that's not right

axholme_miller
03-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Another strange decision, Worrall is a quality player, makes no sense, losing faith in SE big time

Tophams_Excelsior
03-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Does it mean that we're going to make an offer for Adams at Crawley?!

TOM_RUFC
03-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Another strange decision, Worrall is a quality player, makes no sense, losing faith in SE big time

Totally agree, Evans out! Jesus wept.

Heman
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
[quote="vespabri"d trained hard for his big day...for about 3 days!![/quote]

I've always been a big fan of Pablo Mills as a midfielder sat in front of the back four in League 2. Unfortunately bri I agree with you, he really looked out of his depth, but it is a bit unfair as we were down to 10 men.

shiregreenmillers
03-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I've always been a big fan of Pablo Mills as a midfielder sat in front of the back four in League 2. Unfortunately bri I agree with you, he really looked out of his depth, but it is a bit unfair as we were down to 10 men.Heman why don't you ask mills to go to the gym with you fatboy :P ;) :s

millavanilla
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Here we go...! And after all the happy new years.. XD

Weststand4
03-01-2014, 10:18 AM

Me too. If he brings in anymore players like Tavernier, Vuckic and that rubbish one, Dicko, I'm never going again...

millertop
03-01-2014, 10:21 AM

We are doing well in L1 but I must admit I do find some decisions SE makes strange.

Agree Worrall needs game time if not with us then why not a lower league club on a months loan?
Yes he can say Worrall won't play against us with Oldham but he can help them move up the league :/

millertop
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Close to signing Ipswich town's Anthony Wordsworth, midfielder.

I can't keep up with all the comings and goings

deano_83
03-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Wordsworth can play wide and was very good at Colchester previously, so would make sense with Worrall going out, for what looks like the rest of the season now.

clarkey1974
03-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Wordsworth can play wide and was very good at Colchester previously, so would make sense with Worrall going out, for what looks like the rest of the season now.

Was we heavily linked with him before,??.,last summer or could be summer before.certainly was mentioned alot.but seamt to be going to a higher level at the time,so not sure whats happened with him since seems to have stalled abit.

millertop
03-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Lee Hughes gone to forest green rovers XD

leedsmiller
03-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Happy Birthday Anthony Wordsworth - what better present could he have than signing for the Millers.

clarkey1974
03-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Happy Birthday Anthony Wordsworth - what better present could he have than signing for the Millers.

Yeah and made less appearances than worrall this season,which i thought would have been hard to acheieve..!.

Brin
03-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Hylton to bury...apparently didn't fit in with the plans with who was in front of him but never really given a chance ..nevertheless still on a 2 year contract...

Nards to Bury because of the fallout...but he's bagged 5 in 7 now! X-D

Ainsworth to Motherwell as he didn't figure in the side either...now scored 4 and wants to stay there...

Now Worrall to Oldham..who btw must surely be match fit or Oldham wouldn't take him... a player we've given a 2 year contract to and we're crying out for different wing options???

We know about Adejaye/Stockdale/Mullins etc but 'what' exactly is the Gaffer up to?

Yes I had faith last season in everything he did but I feel things seem slightly misshaped this season...however he's the Gaffer for a reason so we have to trust in him again...

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
03-01-2014, 12:36 PM

Me too. If he brings in anymore players like Tavernier, Vuckic and that rubbish one, Dicko, I'm never going again...[/quote]

XD XD

ilikecarling
03-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Hylton to bury...apparently didn't fit in with the plans with who was in front of him but never really given a chance ..nevertheless still on a 2 year contract...

Nards to Bury because of the fallout...but he's bagged 5 in 7 now! X-D

Ainsworth to Motherwell as he didn't figure in the side either...now scored 4 and wants to stay there...

Now Worrall to Oldham..who btw must surely be match fit or Oldham wouldn't take him... a player we've given a 2 year contract to and we're crying out for different wing options???

We know about Adejaye/Stockdale/Mullins etc but 'what' exactly is the Gaffer up to?

Yes I had faith last season in everything he did but I feel things seem slightly misshaped this season...however he's the Gaffer for a reason so we have to trust in him again...

Throwing money down the pan, needs to be put on a leach or the begging buckets will be back out at this rate. Think tony Stewart needs to have a word in his lobe

twinnyjoe
03-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Leave Evans to do his job. Worrall has been injured since he stepped through the door this is freeing up wage to being in somebody else who is fit an available. Worrall mag come back to us for next season fit and ready

millertop
03-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Leave Evans to do his job. Worrall has been injured since he stepped through the door this is freeing up wage to being in somebody else who is fit an available. Worrall mag come back to us for next season fit and ready

SE is obviously not going to change his mind but we are entitled to give an opinion or get things off our chest, ARE YOU SE IN DISGUISE? ;)

Worrall is fit enough for Oldham who is in same league as us :/ so must be fit enough for us so I wouldn't put money on him coming back

C_Millers
03-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Worrall won't play for us again.

mikemiller
03-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Adam Morgan , who we had on loan last season, has moved from Liverpool to Yeovil (free transfer)

twinnyjoe
03-01-2014, 01:08 PM
I never said you wernt entitled to your opinion did I? No I'm not Evans is disguise but he's payed to make decisions he will do it if you like it or not. He sees Worrall everyday in training we don't so obviously he hasn't impressed. If we get a better replacement in who cares.

clarkey1974
03-01-2014, 01:17 PM

I am sure a similair line was said about ainsworth last season.!.

Birdysmalls
03-01-2014, 01:27 PM
We are 6th in league one half way through the season and above Sheff Utd...I would have taken that this time last year! Before you start posting statements about SE has no idea look at the table.

We have lost the last two games because we have had a player sent off. Deal with it. Im confident this time next year we will be in the Championship.

As far as transfers go, I trust Evans in whoever he brings in...Look at the players he brought in through his time, O'connor,Milsom,Tav,Dicko,Morgan,Agard,Vuckic,Harr is, All top top players.

twinnyjoe
03-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Exactly pal he's brought in some great players and yes some have failed but that's the way it goes

millertop
03-01-2014, 01:40 PM
I never said you wernt entitled to your opinion did I? No I'm not Evans is disguise but he's payed to make decisions he will do it if you like it or not. He sees Worrall everyday in training we don't so obviously he hasn't impressed. If we get a better replacement in who cares.

It's the way you come across (nothing against you)
I'm sure we've been here before, it's a message board and we are going to think differently. Seriously if we all agree on the same thing how boring would it be.

The SE bit was a joke, in case you didn't realise (looks like you didn't)

millertop
03-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Yes we are 6 in the league, doing well, I've said all along we are going up but we have lost some games which we shouldn't .

I'm annoyed because we could/should be higher, we have proved we can play some great football,maybe if we had a STABLE team then we could take this league easily

millertop
03-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Good news for you Mills haters ;) he's gone to bury

leedsmiller
03-01-2014, 02:15 PM
How appropriate, Bury becoming the last resting place of ex-Millers. :D

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Good news for you Mills haters ;) he's gone to bury

yippeeeeee XD

millertop
03-01-2014, 02:16 PM
How appropriate, Bury becoming the last resting place of ex-Millers. :D

XD who's next, Davis?

Redshank
03-01-2014, 02:17 PM
We certainly seem to be "leaching" players at an alarming rate.

Perhaps SE should be put on a "leech". That might quell his fever. Either that or a leash.

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 02:17 PM
he making way for some decent players then :)

millertop
03-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Leaving us a bit thin at the back ATM

CrackersATM
03-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Is Mills permanent or on loan? Daft as it sounds with Davis and Morgan having suspensions do we need him for another week or 2 before off loading as he's not good enough for Lge 1 long term. Obviously if we sign a fit centre half before 11 Jan 14 I'll drive him to Bury myself.

Any news on Bury making Nardiello's move permanent? Their manager was keen a few weeks ago as they are near the maximum number of loan players. Though I think short term Nards could do a job for us if SE won't play him then removing him from the wage bill in total frees up funds for other players.

UTM!

millertop
03-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Made enquiries about Alfie, don't get too carried away

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Is Mills permanent or on loan? Daft as it sounds with Davis and Morgan having suspensions do we need him for another week or 2 before off loading as he's not good enough for Lge 1 long term. Obviously if we sign a fit centre half before 11 Jan 14 I'll drive him to Bury myself.

Any news on Bury making Nardiello's move permanent? Their manager was keen a few weeks ago as they are near the maximum number of loan players. Though I think short term Nards could do a job for us if SE won't play him then removing him from the wage bill in total frees up funds for other players.

UTM!

"Defender Pablo Mills has quickly fixed himself up with a new club after leaving Rotherham by signing a contract at League Two side Bury".

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 02:31 PM
14:22
Leeds United manager Brian McDermott has confirmed he is close to making his first signing of the transfer window after being linked with Hull City winger Cameron Stewart and Bradford City youngster Nahki Wells.

millertop
03-01-2014, 02:32 PM
According to McCarthy, Wordsworth isn't available :/

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 02:41 PM
The chase for Bradford's goal ace Nahki Wells appears to be hotting up with the Bantams confirming an opening seven-figure bid has been rejected. Huddersfield are 8/11 favs with Sky Bet.

didnt we give alfie away :(

millertop
03-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Well I seriously hope the players SE is fetching in are better than what we have/had.

Tidser to Ross county.

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 04:24 PM
More news from Scotland where Ross County have completed the signing of three players. Blackburn Rovers forward Jordan Slew has joined on loan for the rest of the season, as has Rotherham midfielder Michael Tidser, while defender Evangelos Oikonomou has returned to Victoria Park for a second spell

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Cheltenham have confirmed a deal to keep hold of Rotherham midfielder David Noble.

Yooreds
03-01-2014, 04:42 PM
For me Noble Tidser and Worrall are all goog enough to be here and challenging, the only thing that makes sense is we have a trio (at least) of championship quality players as good as Dicko coming in.

If we do, fair play.

millertop
03-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Will Miller bear be going out again on loan? XD

leedsmiller
03-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Cheltenham have confirmed a deal to keep hold of Rotherham midfielder David Noble.

So how many is that? Mills, Tidser, Worrall, Ainsworth and Noble confirmed today with Nardiello next and Odejayi already gone. Actually, looking at that list, none would have made the game against Crewe, so if we can bring in four quality signings jobs a good 'un. Only concern is 'outs' before 'ins' but Evans must know what he's doing...

caytonmiller
03-01-2014, 04:54 PM
pointless news from coventry game..
young lad being shown around by millers staff. def footballer but couldnt put a to the face.. ov similar height/build to agard with looks of tavernier...
first glance i thought fek me thats leon best. but thinking about it i was not sure he was tall enough...

more chance it was a nobody though ;)

Mattthemiller157
03-01-2014, 04:59 PM
We have to make permanent transfer as well surely?

We can't replace all the players we have let go with loan players otherwise 2 or 3 won't even be allowed in the squad with a 5 max rule. We have to make some permanent transfers, but will this be the time that we finally break the transfer record, that TS and SE have been talking about for 18 months?

Lets hope so.

kempo
03-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Yes we are 6 in the league, doing well, I've said all along we are going up but we have lost some games which we shouldn't .

I'm annoyed because we could/should be higher, we have proved we can play some great football,maybe if we had a STABLE team then we could take this league easily

:D :D :D :D

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 05:03 PM

So how many is that? Mills, Tidser, Worrall, Ainsworth and Noble confirmed today with Nardiello next and Odejayi already gone. Actually, looking at that list, none would have made the game against Crewe, so if we can bring in four quality signings jobs a good 'un. Only concern is 'outs' before 'ins' but Evans must know what he's doing...[/quote]

he has got his money together now he can go shopping :P

masta_2009
03-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Need to be careful with wage structure- what happens if 2/3/4 players we have sent out on loan get injured and return to us to be on our wage bill and we have already got to maximum wage cap with their replacements?

millertop
03-01-2014, 05:49 PM

:D :D :D :D[/quote]

Been on the laughing gas again Kempo? You should really stay on it

millertop
03-01-2014, 05:51 PM
young lad being shown around by millers staff. def footballer but couldnt put a to the face.. ov similar height/build to agard with looks of tavernier...
first glance i thought fek me thats leon best. but thinking about it i was not sure he was tall enough...

Miles Addison?

Play
03-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Need to be careful with wage structure- what happens if 2/3/4 players we have sent out on loan get injured and return to us to be on our wage bill and we have already got to maximum wage cap with their replacements?

The agreement is 'usually' to pay the wages of the player even if he goes back injured. It's a courtesy thing clubs write into the loan agreement. After all he was injured whilst on loan at their club.

Gwyther
03-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Breaking News... 10 G4s stewards are going to Parkgate Retail World...

caytonmiller
03-01-2014, 06:26 PM

Miles Addison?[/quote]

just google the and thats him, well 99% sure thats him

caytonmiller
03-01-2014, 06:38 PM
ow btw club insider told me SE was in scotland tuther day and it wasnt a family visit.. my reply was. "the st johnstone lad" insider just smiled...

tbh i was thinking of billy Mckay who plays at inverness but maybe it is steven may who we were linked with pre season ?? :) ??

millertop
03-01-2014, 07:44 PM

Miles Addison?[/quote]

just google the and thats him, well 99% sure thats him[/quote]

Well we'll soon see.
Can't comment on him as I've never seen him but their fans are not bothered about him, he hasn't played for them in 13 months

gramiller1959
04-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Huddersfield have been backed in to 5/6 favourites to sign Nahki Wells from Bradford. The Terriers were 2/1 this morning but consistent betting has edged them ahead of QPR (3/1) in the market. Leeds are now outsiders at 10/1 to snatch him from their West Yorkshire rivals this month.

HensonsPRman
04-01-2014, 03:21 PM
St Johnstone have signed Michael O'Halloran a striker from Bolton, is he a replacement for May

minnow55
04-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Reading betwwen the lines anyone gone to league 2 are not coming back players gone to Scottish or league 1 Oldham etc will be comming back at end of season. Lets hope we don't have to face any of our own players (managers smarter than that I hope) >;) :)

millertop
04-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Sounds like Tubbs to Crawley until end of season

burger1
05-01-2014, 03:24 AM

saw a kid that looked very very muchlike miles addison walking up from nys past council office and down toward tesco friday around 3 ish had tracksuit and shoulder bag... maybe walking back to train station??

millertop
05-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Nards expected to sign for Bury in next few days for undisclosed fee

pip_y
05-01-2014, 03:54 PM

Undisclosed fee = a bag of pork scratchings with lancashire hotpot ;D

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
05-01-2014, 04:12 PM

Undisclosed fee = a bag of pork scratchings with lancashire hotpot ;D[/quote]

XD XD

shiregreenmillers
05-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Undisclosed fee = a bag of pork scratchings with lancashire hotpot ;D[/quote]So what would we get for revs .**** all :/ :/

jolly_roger
05-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Maybe two bags of pork scratchings?

shiregreenmillers
05-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Maybe two bags of pork scratchings?From job lot ;D

millertop
06-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Bury confirm Nardiello has extended his loan until the end of season

gramiller1959
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Aston Villa have emerged as surprise 7/4 favouirtes to sign Nakhi Wells from Bradford. Huddersfield had been leading the way in the race for the free-scoring youngster, but the Terriers are out to 15/8 amid interest from the Premier League side.

LMFAO

gramiller1959
07-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Inverness are understood to have slapped a ?1million price tag on the head of the Scottish Premiership's top scorer Billy McKay, who is a target for Leicester and several other clubs.

his manager talks on sky transfer centre